• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The FR/LG Monotype Challenge! V.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackrabbit Slim

AlCario, your strategy worked like a charm. Defeating Brock was easy. Once I maxed out Sparky’s evasiveness his Geodude missed every tackle it attempted. But it kept on using defense curl, over, and over, and over again. Which meant it eventually took 8 Body Slams for my lvl 25 Pikachu to take out his lvl 12 Geodude.

After that Brock sent out his Onix. I spammed Tail Whip until Onix hit Sparky with a rock tomb. Sparky missed 3 freakin’ times but finally hit Onix with a body slam. I figured Brock’s Onix would be at as hard to beat as his Geodude. I was wrong. I 1HKO’d Onix with a Body Slam. I didn’t expect that to happen.

Mt. Moon was easier to get thought than it thought it would be. I managed to sneak past all the trainers except for the last two at the end (the last Team Rocket grunt and that Professor by the fossils). Both were easily defeated since Sparky had just learned Thunderbolt. Misty was easy to beat as well, I 1HKO’d both her Staryu and Stamie with Thunderbolt.

I went to Vermilion, boarded the SS Anne and got Cut from the captain. I lost to Lt. Surge’s Raichu (it kept on using Double Team and Sparky kept on missing Body Slam). So I went to Route 10 and caught a Voltorb. Tomorrow I’ll train it up to lvl 29 so it can learn Selfdestruct, I’d like to see Lt. Surge defeat me then.

;025; Sparky lvl 33
- Thunderbolt
- Slam
- Tail Whip
- Double Team

;100; Voltorb lvl 17
- Charge
- Tackle
- Screech
- Sonicboom

Last edited:

Ice Pokemon Trainer

Ice Pokemon Master
Should i start the challenge now or wait until i get told if i can use Ice pokemon

Jackrabbit Slim

You don't need permission from anybody to start this challenge. Do whatever you want.

Ice Pokemon Trainer

Ice Pokemon Master
but do i start the challenge once i catch my first Ice pokemon and you do need permission from the thread owner or if the thread has them a co-owner

swampertforever

Big ball o' Whims~
you dont need permission from thread owners, just start your challenge, and tell us what you've did.

BTW on topic I'm going to update my poison run whenever i get to my uncles house, which will be tommorow/monday

WhyteMage

This is WhyteMage, bringing you an update on my mono-rock type challenge.

So, last time on WhyteMage's mono-rock type challenge, I had an aduous power-levelling sequence ahead of me. I have now completed that power-levelling sequence, leaving the route with a brand new Graveller. I then went striaght to the SP and the advance and got a Golem. This challenge just went from hard to laughable at the moment. I went up Nugget Bridge and along routes 23 and 24 and came back down to face Misty, one of the two gym leaders that could absolutely DESTROY me and my Golem. But because I was level 30 by that point, Golem actually outsped her Staryu and Mega Punched it into oblivion. Starmie, however, did outspeed me. Fortunately, Golem could take TWO hits from Water Pulse, and so I Magnitude'ed. Only 7, but it was enough to take it out. And so ended one of my most dreaded fights in the game. I then saved and quit.

My team:
;076; Golem
Level 30
Mega Punch
Rock Throw
Tackle
Magnitude

You have no idea how many magnitude 10s I've seen lol. Although not one of them have showed up when it counted.

Last edited:

AlCario

Banned
It is time for my next update.

I defeated Green in the rival battle north of Cerulean with no trouble. Thundershock got me through that battle and the nugget bridge, during which time I levelled up and learned Thunderbolt. Exercised my new power on the trainers north of Cerulean but was poisoned in the process. Used my newly purchased antidote to avoid fainting from poison, yet again. Met Bill, went to Vermilion, boarded the S.S. Anne where I destroyed every single trainer, including Green. I obtained Cut, (which I taught to a Diglett), and am now about to challenge the third gym.

My pokemon:

;025;Pikachu, Lv 34
-Thunderbolt
-Quick Attack
-Slam
-Double Team

swampertforever

Big ball o' Whims~
Well, as I have promised, here is day four!

Start! Day Four!

As I was interupted on the first try, I ran back up through Nugget Bridge to Rt 25 to see Bill, but he isn't there! All there is is a Clefairy. But Wait! The Clefairy was really BILL! HOW!!! Apparently, he was mixed with a Clefairy in his teleporter, so I zapped him back through it. He rewards me with a SS Ticket! Running back, I see there is another one of those Gym things. Apparently Its Gym Leader uses water types. Another massive Ivysaur weak gym. But I still like training, soo my other members will clear the trainers. Clearing the gym, I faced the gym Leaders Staryu with Peach, BUUUUUT She died :(. Honey manages to poison It and Crit hit it to death. Out comes the Starmie I'm Scared about, so I switch in Bulbs to send him to sleep. A couple of Vine Whips Later and Shes down! I got the Cascade Badge! So I can now use Cut! Leaving the gym, I notice a Police Officer is near a building. OH NO! They were robbed! In the back garden a rocket is hiding, so I beat him up with peach to get Tm26 Dig! As the Eastern route is blocked, and i can't get past the southern toll gate, I venture Underground to route 6. After Fighting through the Route (and being Haxxed by a BUTTERFREE) I finally Get to Vermillion City!

End the DAY!

The Team so far...
;002; Bulbs (Male) Lvl 18
Mild Nature
Overgrow
Tackle
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Vine Whip

;015; Honey (Male) Lvl 18
Bashful Nature
Swarm
Poison Sting
String Shot
Focus Energy
Fury Attack

;041; Vampira (Female) Lvl 19
Naive Nature
Inner Focus
Leech Life
Astonish
Supersonic
Bite

;030; Peach Lvl 18
Calm Nature
Poison Point
Scratch
Poison Sting
Tail Whip
Double Kick

;033; Mario Lvl 19
Docile Nature
Poison Point
Peck
Poison Sting
Focus Energy
Double Kick

Boxed
;069; Roots (Male) lvl 13
Modest
Chlorophyll
Vine Whip
Growth
Wrap

Slaves
Paras

Yay!

WhyteMage

Another update for you guys. I got one extra badge (thunderbadge), and levelled up my Golem 19 levels. I went through Celadon's game corner and Pokemon Tower, and my Golem learned Earthquake! I really want to hurry up and get some more pokemon, otherwise the entire story will be laughably easy. But I guess it will be anyway, because I'll end up levelling Rhydon to level 49 along with my Golem, and subsequently Aerodactyl and Omastar. Heheh.

My team:
;076; Golem
Earthquake
Rock Throw
Mega Punch
Tackle

Before I take on Koga and Erika, I'm going to go catch a Rhyhorn at the safari zone and level him up. That will make this far too easy. For now.

coolice23

Hoenn Lover
so i would like to do a monotype challenge on leaf green, have no access to trading!
please give me monotype and some pokemon, thanks!

Ryuusei

the sakura trainer~
Geodude line and one of the Nidoran lines.

Started a water monotype. Currently in Mount Moon with my Wartortle, Kame-chan, who's level 23. This is gonna be boring for a while till I get the Pokes I want, which will take quite a while since I'm looking for Lapras/Vaporeon/Slowbro/Horsea/one more poke?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
ok so ground type it is!

1. Marowak

5 more!

Take a Rhydon.

Just to stay on topic, I currently have a Fighting/Rock/Ground monotype going on my FireRed. Here's what it looks like;

Nidoqueen lvl 24
Nidoking lvl 24
Graveler lvl 25
Onix lvl 24
Diglett lvl 24
Mankey lvl 24

I have 2 badges, and training everyone to lvl 25 before I challenge Surge. Someone will be dropped after Rock Tunnel in favor of Hitmonlee, but I have yet to know who.

darksign

Inspired by all of you guys, I decided to make a monotype team for both Fire Red and Emerald. I posted my future Emerald flying team on the other topic, and here is my Fire Red flyingteam :D

I think it'll go like:

Charizard
Pidgeotto
Butterfree
Golbat (unfortunately it can't evolve in FR/LG.)
Farfetch'd (because it's funny)
Dragonite (hard to get, but I'll try!)
;006;;018;;012;;042;;083;;149;

I'll keep you aware of this team!

swampertforever

Big ball o' Whims~
OMG itsa me with a new Update!

Start, Day 5!

After getting a free VS Seeker, I decide to go through Rt 11 for training. On the way, beedrill learnt twineedle so NOW we can poison steel types :)! As i attempt to get onto Rt 12, I run into some massive sleeping thing. Running Back to Vermillion, i decide to climb abord (S?) the SS Anne. Time to fight a whole ship!...
After Mario and Peach grew to lvl 21, I noticed them Foraging around in my bag. Suddenly, they pull out the moon stones from Mnt Moon And Start To Glow! And right before my eyes, I see my two Nidos evolve into ;031; Nidoqueen and ;034; NIdoking! Awesome! ground types! And OMG! at lvl 22, Vampira evolved into ;042; Golbat! three evos in one day for the second time!
well... after finally managing to get through a whole ship of trainers, I ran to see the Captain, but OBVIOUSLY I'm not allowed to do that as HWINWTBN walks down the stairs to fight me! Mario beat his Pidgeotto and Charmeleon to the ground, Honey OHKOed Kadabra with Twineedle, and Peach took care of Ratticate. After beating him, I find the Captain is seasick, so I rubbed his back. He Thanks me by giving me Hm01 CUT! And after saying farewell to the SS. Anne, Its time to...
END DAY 5!

The Team so far...
;002; Bulbs (Male) Lvl 22
Mild Nature
Overgrow
Tackle
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Razor Leaf

;015; Honey (Male) Lvl 22
Bashful Nature
Swarm
Poison Sting
Twineedle
Focus Energy
Fury Attack

;042; Vampira (Female) Lvl 22
Naive Nature
Inner Focus
Wing Attack
Astonish
Supersonic
Bite

;031; Peach Lvl 22
Calm Nature
Poison Point
Body Slam
Poison Sting
Tail Whip
Double Kick

;034; Mario Lvl 22
Docile Nature
Poison Point
Thrash
Poison Sting
Focus Energy
Double Kick

Boxed
;069; Roots (Male) lvl 13
Modest Nature
Chlorophyll
Vine Whip
Growth
Wrap

Slaves
Paras (Cut)

Yay!

Last edited:

Sprintking

Fighting/Rock/Ground monotype

That's a bit of a contradiction....

Anyways, I'll be starting a grass monotype run soon, my party will hopefully include
;003; ;045; ;047; ;071; ;103; ;114;

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I feel like doing a Monotype challenge, but don't know which to do. Help me decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.