• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The FR/LG Monotype Challenge! V.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.M.

UJellicent?
Okay after FIVE months I have finished my challenge, my last post was back in March but I have beaten the entire Elite Four and I got both gems for Celio.

My final team was:

;169; Crobat aka Omega Lv. 54

-Poison Fang
-Astonish
-Fly
-Mean Look

;073; Tentacruel aka Constrict Lv. 54

-Blizzard
-Surf
-Waterfall
-Barrier

;003; Venasaur aka Planta Lv. 52

-Frenzy Plant
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Razor Leaf

;034; Nidoking aka Kingy Lv. 53

-Strength
-Megahorn
-Earthquake
-Double Kick

;071; Victrebele aka Bell Lv. 50

-Vine Whip
-Growth
-Wrap
-Sleep Poweder

;015; Beedrill aka Stinger Lv. 50

-Pursuit
-Cut
-Twineedle
-Fury Attack

I'm done with this challenge now! It was quite enjoyable and maybe I"ll take on another one some other time.

Chou

Heartgold!!! <3
I'm just starting my poison mono type challenge.
My future team is:
- Venusaur
- Beedrill
- Arbok
- Nidoqueen
- Tentacruel
- Hm Slave

I just started and all I did was getting the potion out of the PC.

I planning on starting a electric monotype run tomorrow.
My planned team:
Raichu
Electrode
Magneton
Jolteon
Electabuzz

I'm not starting it right now because I need to mentally prepare myself for the frustation that is soon to come.

EDIT: Day#1
Just started run. I chose the girl for some reason and chose charmander as my starter. I just pwned Gary and did the errand. I got the pokedex, pokeballs and town map. Now I'm ready to catch a Pikachu!

Weedle count:6
Caterpie count:7
Kakuna count:1

Finally, I found a Pikachu Lv. 3, but accidently ran away!
Found another Pikachu Lv. 5 and caught it!
Got out of Viridian forest and deposited Charmander in PC. Trained up Pikachu to Lv. 7 for optional rival battle on Route 22 and bought 5 potions.
Gary(Optional):
Pikachu Lv. 7 Vs. Pidgey Lv. 9: Used Thundershock and paralyzed Pidgey but he used Sand-attack which made me miss but hit the next turn and Pidgey fainted.
Pikachu Lv. 7 vs. Squirtle Lv. 9: Used one potion and paralyzed Squirtle with Static. Good thing I got parahax and Squirtle couldn't attack. Hit him with 3 Thundershocks and he fainted. Pikachu grew to Lv. 8 and learned Thunder wave!
Healed up and saved.
Current team:
Pikachu Lv. 8
Moves:
Thundershock
Growl
Tail Whip
Thunder Wave

Last edited:

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
Well Finished playing DPPt for the moment and thought i would like a blast of nostalgia and decided to Play my Fire Red again. Looking through the types i thought i would pick a type I rarely use when going through my games and decided on the ... Normal Type. Wait actually after some though I will actually go for the Poison type as i think apart from Crobat I have never used one lol.

He is my proposed team by the end of it all.

Team Venom

Venasaur (Grass/Poison)
Beedrill (Bug/Poison)
Crobat (Poison/Flying)
Nidoqueen (Poison/Ground)
Tentacruel (Water/Poison)
Venamoth (Bug/Poison)

So Ill probably edit this post when i get a decent way into the game to warrant an update lol

BloodGhoul

(Just noticed that i seem to have misplaced my game so it may take me a while to find my game lol. Will update when I find it)

UPDATE!! I FOUND IT!! SO CHALLENG STARTED NOW!

Last edited:

The Mighty Wurmple

Wow, I didn't realise Poison was so popular O__O

Just beaten Blaine, on Island Two as I speak.

Team, as of now:

Venusaur Lv 39
Nature: Lonely
- Razor Leaf
- Tackle (gawd..)
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder

Nidoking Lv 38
Nature: Lonely
- Brick Break
- Thrash
- Peck
- Focus Energy

Haunter Lv 38
Nature: Mild
- Shadow Punch
- Confuse Ray
- Psychic
- Night Shade

Tentacruel Lv 33
Nature: Mild
- Surf
- Supersonic
- Constrict
- Acid (I really need some good TMs)

Golbat Lv 36
Nature: Lonely (seeing a pattern in natures here?)
- Air Cutter
- Confuse Ray
- Steel Wings
- Bite

Koffing Lv 29
Nature: Brave (NOT -DEF)
- Sludge
- Smokescreen
- Smog
- Selfdestruct

Can't wait till I get some decent TMs..

Sorry for not updating for awhile. School's been a pain, now for update numero dos!

Day #2
Got out of the virdian forest after growing to Lv. 12. Learned quick attack so that'll help againt Brock. Took down gym trainer and grew to Lv. 13. Time for Brock! Lost the first time, now for a rematch!

Boss: Brock
Pikachu Lv. 13 vs. Geodude Lv. 12: He was a pain. He kept canceling out my Tail Whips but I beat him after 3 potions, 22 Tail Whips and 12 Quick attacks(with some crits).

Pikachu Lv. 13 vs. Onix Lv. 14: Believe it or not, he was easier than Geodude but he still had a lot of defense. After 6-7 Tail Whips, his defense was at it's lowest so after 2 more potions and 8-9 Quick Attacks I won!

Went to heal up and buy some items. Next time: Mt. Moon and Misty.
Current team:
Pikachu Lv. 14(Serious nature)
Moves:
Thundershock
Tail Whip
Quick Attack
Thunder Wave

Zesqio

All right, I'm gonna try one, using a type I don't really pay much attention to, the Flying type.
-Charizard
-Dodrio
-Golbat
-Scyther
-Gyarados
-Aerodactyl

Slappy_Pancake

I'm going to start and Ice challenge by trading over a shellder.

-Cloyster
-Dewgong
-Jynx
-Lapras
-slave
-slave

Should prove to be an easy challenge, if only because of the water types.

Last edited:

Brodioh

Rocking The World
I am going to take a water challenge on my leafgreen.
Planned team:
Blastoise
Gyarados
Vaporeon
???
???
???

Does anybody have any suggestions for my last 3 pokemon?
Oh and I cant trade

Last edited:

RamOne

Grass Freak
I am going to take a water challenge on my leafgreen.
Planned team:
Blastoise
Gyarados
Vaporeon
Tentacruel
Starmie
Seadra

Does anybody have any suggestions for my last 3 pokemon?
Oh and I cant trade

Maybe these ones?

Brodioh

Rocking The World
Thanks a lot I will use them.

For my current progress: beginning of Nugget bridge( have beaten Misty)

Team

Wartortle lv.24
Bite
Bubble
Water gun
Withdraw

Magikarp lv.16
Splash
Tackle

smeelyboo

STFU ZUCCHINI!
Okay so I have 2 copies of Leafgreen, one I will do Psychic monotype and the other Bug.

Bug:
Beedrill
Butterfree
Parasect
Scyther (I can trade from FR)
Pinsir/Venomoth
HM Slave

Psychic:
Alakazam
Jynx
Mr.Mime
Exeggutor
HM slave
HM slave

I will begin my Bug run later tonight and will post progress. :)

RamOne

Grass Freak
Hey Smeelyboo, why don't you take a Hypno instead one of your HM Slaves? And are you gonna evolve your Scyther when in 'Johto'?

Brodioh

Rocking The World
More progress from me

I have beaten Lt.Surge and am Right now at the beginning of lost tunnel.

My team is:

Wartortle lv.32
Bite
Water Gun
Protect
Withdraw(will replace)

Gyarados lv.29
Splash
Tackle
Bite
Dragon Rage

Hm Slave for now is Bellsprout
Cut
Flash

skwog_the_whale

.Change.Chaos.
Eh, I have a long weekend ahead of me and am bored with playing Platinum all of the time. So I figured why not play through FireRed again, only this time with a monotype team? For my type, I will choose... Normal!

Planned Team:
-Raticate
-Persian
-Kangaskhan
-Porygon
-Farfetch'd
-Wigglytuff

Once I stop being lazy, I will go grab my FireRed cartridge and start playing =D

smeelyboo

STFU ZUCCHINI!
Hey Smeelyboo, why don't you take a Hypno instead one of your HM Slaves? And are you gonna evolve your Scyther when in 'Johto'?

Well I had a Hypno in my last playthrough of FR, so I might, might not.
I like scyther more than scizor, so no :p

Update on Bug run:
I have gotten both my team members to 10, it wasn't as easy as I thought. Tried to take down Brock but I was CRUSHED. I could 3 hit ko his geodude with Confusion, but Onix used Rock Tomb. I'll need to do some training...
So far, it seems Peaches can kill things better.

Current team-
Butterfree [Peaches] lvl10
Tackle
String Shot
Harden
Confusion

Beedrill [Whopper] lvl10
Poison Sting
String Shot
Harden
Fury Attack

Fire red & Leaf green discussion

Hi! I'm already almost done my normal challenge on my LG but you guys inspired me to post. Right now I'm training for the E4. Almost done! :) here is my team:

;018; Windslicer lvl. 48
Quiet nature
moves:
Fly
Wing attack
Quick attack
featherdance

;020; Fangs lvl. 48
Adamant nature
moves:
Focus energy
Super fang
Blizzard ( hehe here I come Drake)
Hyper fang

;036; Queen lvl. 48
Docile nature
moves:
Cosmic power
Flamethrower (surpised?)
Moonlight
Metronome

;115; Mama Kanga lvl. 48
Jolly nature
moves:
Bite
Dizzy punch
Surf (for bruno/travel)
Mega punch

;143; Hungry Man lvl. 48
Timid nature
moves:
Headbutt
Body slam
Rest
Sleep talk

;128; Mad Cow lvl. 48
Relaxed nature
moves:
Horn attack
Strength
Rest
Thrash

P.S. if you have ANY suggestions for better names/movesets post.

I'm back! last time you saw me I was training to take on the elite 4. Well I challenged them today and... WON! :D Here's what happend starting with Lorleli.
Lorleli's pokemon were no match for Hungry man. The only one I had trouble with is that Jynx. He put me to sleep and when I woke up he froze me. So I had to use sleep talk a LOT. Even then most of them didn't hit because Jynx had used attract. After a while Jynx was down. One down three to go. Next was Bruno. To make my normal challenge even harder I didn't use Windslicer. So I used Mama kanga for more than half the battle. I had beaten his first onix in no time thanks to surf. For Hitmonchan I gave him a taste of his own medicine. One dizzy punch and one mega punch, and he was out cold. I did the same thing with Hitmonlee. Machamp proved to be a problem because he killed Mama kanga in one hit with cross chop. So I sent out the best member of my team, Mad cow. After a couple of turns they were both in the red. So I had Mad cow use double-edge and none were left standing. As for Bruno's second Onix, I sent out Fangs. I knew a couple of blizzards would kill him so I did just that. Before I knew it I had beaten Bruno. Two out of four done. My next victim was Agatha. (Did I spell her name correctly?) Her first pokemon was Gengar. I sent out Windslicer. Gengar was totally easy. He just kept using confuse ray and double team. It was a little annoying but nothing much. Golbat came out and kept trying to kill Windslicer. Windslicer had killed that over-sized bat before I knew it. Arbok proved to be a worthy opponent. He killed Windslicer so I sent out Mama kanga to finish him off. Sure enough, he did. So next was the worst of them all, her second Gengar. He was REALLY annoying. More annoying then that Jynx. He always put Mama kanga to sleep with hypnosis. Lucky for me Mama kanga has the ability early bird. (wakes up earlier.) although most of the time I used the poke flute, or a full heal. It was a VERY long battle. In the end he just kept using nightmare when I wasn't asleep and that was the end of it. Agatha is now dead along with her ghosts now. One person left. Next up was Lance. His first pokemon was Gyarados. So I sent out Mad cow since I knew he could get the job done. Sure enough, he did. Aeradactyl was next so I sent out Fangs. After a series of blizzards he was back to being a fossil. Next was the most powerful one, Dragonite. I healed fangs and kept on using blizzard. Fangs took a lot of hits and nearly died but he held on for one last blizzard, and that was all I needed. Next up were his Dragonairs. I killed them both with Windslicer since I've been neglecting him. They were gone in a flash. Yay! I'm ...... NOT CHAMPION? Yet again Gary beat me to it. (my rival) So I went up to his face and challenged him. I started off the battle with Windslicer. He sent out his Pidgeot. It was the battle of the Pidgeots. Gary, being the wimp that he is, made a cheap switch-out and sent out Rydon So I withdrew Windslicer and sent out Mama kanga. I had her surf and drown that rock demon before he caused any trouble. Then it was back to the battle of the Pidgeots. After a couple of turns Windslicer proved to be superior. Gary sent out Alakazam next. So after some consideration, I sent out Queen. Queen scored a super effective move from metronome and a couple of flamethrowers but Gary healed. So it was a close fight when it was coming to the end but Queen gave out another flamethrower and it was over. Next was Exeggutor so I kept Queen out. One full restore later she was ready to go. Exeggutor lasted three flame throwers and then it was gone. Gyarados came out so I tried to keep Queen in for one last metronome. Gyarados killed her before she got the chance. So thinking I would teach him a lesson I sent out Windslicer. He was still weak from the battle of the Pidgeots, but he still wanted to try. Gyarados slaughtered him before he got the chance though. :( So I sent out Mad cow and yelled at Gary that that brutal slaughtering was the last straw. So with no mercy I double-edged him like no tomarrow. It was over. When Charzard came out I sent out Hungry man. Hungry man only got to do two body slams to him before dying. Then I sent in Mama kanga. Gary fully healed Charzard. So I used surf until I heard Charzard faint. Woo-hoooooooo! Yeah! I'm the new champ! Then I watched the pretty little credits. I plan on giving the gems to Celio tomarrow or on Monday. Sorry about the collossal post. My team:

;018; Windslicer lvl. 53 male
Quiet nature
moves:
Fly
Wing attack
Aerial ace
Feather dance

;020; Fangs lvl. 52 female
Adamant nature
moves:
Endeavor
Super fang
Blizzard ( I highly reccomend this move.)
Hyper fang

;128; Mad Cow lvl. 52 male
Relaxed nature
moves:
Double-edge
Strength
Rest
Thrash

;036; Queen lvl. 52 female
Docile nature
moves:
Cosmic power
Flamethrower (useful)
Moonlight
Metronome

;143; Hungry Man lvl. 52 male
Timid nature
moves:
Headbutt
Body slam
Rest
Sleep talk

;115; Mama kanga lvl. 53 female
Jolly nature
moves:
Reversal
Dizzy punch
Surf (extremely reccomended for kangaskhan on a normal run.)
Mega punch

swampertforever

Big ball o' Whims~
OK, as im bored of having to report EVERY TIME i play LG in my poison run, ive decided to stop reporting until i beat the E4, and will post then

See you whenever that happens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.