• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fruit of Courage: Lillie and Vulpix! (957)

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Never! Snowball makes more sense than Snowy given A) Shiron is a combination of "white" and "rolling" and B) Snowy is Tintin's dog.

Snowball is the rabbit from Secret Life of Pets tho. A rabid Rabbit. I don't want it to be associated with an animal voiced by Kevin Hart so it works for me.

Anyways, this was a great episode. Since I prefer the Vulpix's Spanish Dub's name more than both English and Japanese I'll refer to it as Níveo. After watching both dubs I observed they're trying to make Brock's Vulpix have a personality through Níveo. It's prissy and possibly just as strong which might explain why it was able to handle Team Rocket. After all we're talking about a Pokémon who evolved into a Pokémon imbued with mystical power. I'm kind of sad Jessie isn't utilizing Wobbuffet. If Mimikyu isn't listening use the other Pokémon. Spanish Dub James at it again with his voice gags LOL. Also has it been confirmed what Gender Vulpix is? The Spanish Dub has it classified with a masculine adjective. I wonder if they'll change it in the future.
 

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I didn't consider doing it all the saga. Good idea! I'll do it.

Omg...

Time to change your signature
Never! Snowball makes more sense than Snowy given A) Shiron is a combination of "white" and "rolling" and B) Snowy is Tintin's dog.

You should add this post ^ as well to your signature then, including the quoting of me so that people who see your signature know what you're saying Never! to
 

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Also has it been confirmed what Gender Vulpix is? The Spanish Dub has it classified with a masculine adjective. I wonder if they'll change it in the future.

Snowy's gender has not yet been confirmed, as of SM14 in the English dub, and as of SM30 in the Japanese dub.

The Alolan Vulpix line has a 75% chance of being female and only a 25% chance of being male, so the likelihood that Lillie's Shiron (I prefer the Japanese name, and as I'm watching the Japanese version, "Shiron" comes more naturally to me than "Snowy") is female is pretty high. But no, Shiron's gender has not been confirmed. The only Pokémon whose genders are confirmed are Togedemaru and Bounsweet (because the Bounsweet line is always female).
 

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
The Alolan Vulpix line has a 75% chance of being female and only a 25% chance of being male, so the likelihood that Lillie's Shiron (I prefer the Japanese name, and as I'm watching the Japanese version, "Shiron" comes more naturally to me than "Snowy") is female is pretty high. But no, Shiron's gender has not been confirmed. The only Pokémon whose genders are confirmed are Togedemaru and Bounsweet (because the Bounsweet line is always female).

What's funny is while breeding I always hatch more male Vulpix than I do females. Probability likes messing with me...anyway I'm wondering if either Vulpix is a male, hopefully the Kanto variant, there might be a possible ship.
Also is there a Japanese gag I'm not getting with Rowlet? I don't get how finding Lillie and Shiron translates to Watermelon >_<
I'm wondering because in previous seasons I never understood the Dunsparce gag until someone explained it in the comment section.
 

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Rowlet's just a klutz
 

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
What's funny is while breeding I always hatch more male Vulpix than I do females. Probability likes messing with me...anyway I'm wondering if either Vulpix is a male, hopefully the Kanto variant, there might be a possible ship.
Also is there a Japanese gag I'm not getting with Rowlet? I don't get how finding Lillie and Shiron translates to Watermelon >_<
I'm wondering because in previous seasons I never understood the Dunsparce gag until someone explained it in the comment section.

What's the Dunsparce gag? The fact that twice Ash tried to catch one but couldn't (that Axew Da! episode and XY59)? And what's the explanation? I like you have never heard of what the joke was in the original Japanese
 

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
What's the Dunsparce gag? The fact that twice Ash tried to catch one but couldn't (that Axew Da! episode and XY59)? And what's the explanation? I like you have never heard of what the joke was in the original Japanese

Dunsparce is like Japanese Bigfoot/Loch Ness Monster. Always sighted, never captured.
 

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

teddybeardan

Active Member
Good job by the dub keeping only 2 pieces of BGM in this episode: the title card is definitely TPCi's favorite theme to keep.

Also, good job by the acting department, they really know how to sound as bored and unconcerned as possible about almost everything, except when they scream their lines and overact when it comes to Team Rocket scenes.

Also, excellent job by the writing department too, the dub knows how to have Team Rocket rhyme, alliterate, and talk in Jewish slang very nicely, perfection.

Dub is much better than Japanese Version for sure, very much lives up to Ryu Taylor's comments, definitely.
 

Nebbygetinthebag

Well-Known Member
A good episode for both dub,also Snowy is a strange name but oh well the episode itself is enjoyable my favorite part of this episode is when Lillie jump to save Snowy and Mallow Force Ash to follow Lillie that moment was really nice mallow is so caring and I like that Ash is confident that Lillie is going to be fine.The battle with TR was cool.Overall this episode is Good Lillie development in this episode was the best I give it a 8/10.
 
Last edited:

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
A good episode for both dub,also Snowy is a strange name but oh well the episode itself is enjoyable my favorite part of this episode is when Lillie jump to save Snowy and Mallow Force Ash to follow Lillie that moment was really nice mallow is so caring and I like that Ash is confident that Lillie is going to be fine.The battle with TR was cool.Overall this episode is Good Lillie development in this episode was the best I give it a 8/10.

I'm sure you just made teddybeardan's hit list for praising the dub. Liking the dub is okay with me, though, as it ought to be with lots of others.

By the way, I wish TR would hurry up and catch Bewear already.
 
Amazing episode.

COMMENTS

- Lillie becomes a trainer. A nice little departure from game Lillie and I really appreciate all the development she got. She got some battle experience with Shiron and she managed to touch her first Pokemon. I find it curious that Lillie claims she isn't actually afraid of said Pokemon, but she still can't force herself to touch them, she just freezes. I wonder what exactly happened to her to make her this way. I also thought it was cute how she was unsure when using the Pokeball for the first time.

- Shiron seems nice so far. I enjoyed the personality difference between Shiron and a regular Vulpix.

- Jessie saving that Malasada for Bewear and then giving it to Bewear while blushing was so amazing and adorable. I guess if anyone catches Bewear, it will be Jessie.

- I like the consistency of Mallow caring a lot about Lillie. First she checked on Lillie when she took care of the egg, and now she literally forced Ash to follow her lol.

RANDOM FUNNY MOMENTS:

- Ash sending Rowlet to look for Lillie, and Rowlet coming back with a melon all satisfied.
- Mimikyu showing zero interest in Team Rocket affairs if Pikachu isn't involved. I love how it just casually ignored Jessie and went away.
 

Leonhart

Imagineer
I chuckled when we saw Lilie's Alolan Rokon freeze Satoshi, and how the regular Rokon defrosted him. Lilie and her new Rokon bonding was sweet, especially when Lilie saved it and made some progress with her phobia of touching Pokemon. Kiteruguma nearly suffocating Musashi was fairly entertaining, too.
 

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Can't see that translating across to the anime, unless one decides to project themselves and pretend they are Ash.

The thing is, I think 345-ashgreninja does precisely this.
 
Top