• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fruit of Courage: Lillie and Vulpix! (957)

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
This was a great episode! 10/10

I loved the little interaction in the beginning between both Vulpix, was cute, just like Lillie throwing a Pokeball lol (she needs better form hehe). Also was nice to see how happy Lillie was when her Vulpix went into it's Pokeball and then when she called it back out, nice moments there.

As for Ash, poor kid gets frozen and then literally burned/thawed out, also gets hit in the head with a Pokeball lol, oh well. Lol at Rowlet falling asleep on his shoulder too. Then later when they're looking for Lillie, I'm assuming Ash thought Rowlet found Lillie and Vulpix, but then Rowlet has a watermelon, that made me lol, so unexpected. :p

Looks like Mimikyu doesn't fully obey Jessie either, who called it? Anyway, it was great to see Lillie use her brain during the chase, telling her Vulpix to freeze the ground. Then the whole confrontation with Team Rocket was good too, Ash or anyone else didn't have to be involved in the battle, Team Rocket was frozen and then taken away, like some of us predicted.

Last, I actually like how came up with how Lillie was able to touch Vulpix. I mean they actually foreshadowed it a bit back in SM8 from a certain point of view. Lillie protected it when it was a egg from the Salandit and was able to touch it w/out realizing, and then again in this episode when she dives and grabs it as they're falling. They were using very stressful situations for Lillie to be able to overcome her fear.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I loved the little interaction in the beginning between both Vulpix, was cute, just like Lillie throwing a Pokeball lol (she needs better form hehe). Also was nice to see how happy Lillie was when her Vulpix went into it's Pokeball and then when she called it back out, nice moments there.

I forgot to mention that in my original post, but Lillie's over the top attempts to throw a Pokéball like a Trainer in battle just made me laugh. And Vulpix letting itself into the Pokéball was so adorable...but not nearly as adorable as Lillie's reaction!

Though I could've lived without Jessie being murdered by Bewear.

No, no, it's Jessie's turn to suffer from a Pokémon's love for a change. Let Bewear hug her to death. It goes nicely with Mareanie poisoning James out of love. :p

Remix2

This episode show that Lille is going to be the go to character with solid development and storys, which is good because she my favorite character and her relationship with vulpix is adorable. And overall a good episode.

One thing that concern me however is that with Lille fear of Pokémon arc coming to a close(atleast so far), the series is going to be at a stand still for a couple of episodes until the next trial or some other arc come out.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I felt someone on Tumblr predicted the Vulpix being named Shiron. The unfortunate thing is that her name will be certainly changed in the dub, to a name that I probably don't like.

uber gon

Accept Change
Oh, hey, Kalos reference. Kind of weird that Slurpuff can't be found in Alola in the games, though.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
Lillie and Vulpix are so cute together, always thought she's the best thing to come out of SM *-*
And the scene where Jessie gives Bewear the Poképuffs was so touching for some reason, it's a side of Jessie we don't see very often

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So Lillie becomes a trainer, is able to touch that Vulpix...but she can't still stand touching anything else.

Well, I guess that's good. Pikachu can still be a butt to her and shove his head to her palm.

AshSerena

so it seems the pokemon staff did a meeting about giving the nickname to Alola Vulpix and been decided to use the "Shiron" by Matsui san (Matsui Aya san? who did screenplay of Serena cosplay episode in XYZ)

they did this to distinguish to Kanto Vulpix

i think they did it right, calling 2 vulpix at same while the other one is different is weird,
or calling it Alola Vulpix is more weird i guess?

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
So Lillie becomes a trainer, is able to touch that Vulpix...but she can't still stand touching anything else.

Well, I guess that's good. Pikachu can still be a butt to her and shove his head to her palm.

That actually makes sense. Lillie really bonded with and became attached to Vulpix (when it was still an egg). As she said, she wasn't afraid of Vulpix (whereas she actually seems to be afraid of other Pokémon who approach her), and she really wanted to touch it. She was able to get over her fear enough to touch Vulpix, but she still fears touching other Pokémon. It makes sense, especially if her fear is rooted as deeply as it was implied to be in SM08.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Oh hey I called it!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...rage-Lilie-and-Rokon!&p=18340903#post18340903

This episode was so nice. Lillie was adorable, my favorite part was when she realized she caught Vulpix. That face.

I think this episode also showed who will catch Bewear in the future. It was such a nice but frightening scene.

Okay this is the 2nd Lillie episode that includes Ash and Mallow. For sure, if they ever decide to travel around this will be our traveling group.

Oh and Kanto Vulpix was adorable as well. Its kind of a shame Oak didn't give it to one of the students.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
so it seems the pokemon staff did a meeting about giving the nickname to Alola Vulpix and been decided to use the "Shiron" by Matsui san (Matsui Aya san? who did screenplay of Serena cosplay episode in XYZ)

they did this to avoid distinguish to Kanto Vulpix

Aww, I kinda hoped it was paying tribute to game!Lillie naming Pokemon as shown in the dialogue Solgaleo...No...Nebby (I played Sun, but it's the same for Lunala in Moon).

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

Don't take all the credit. You're not the only one who called it! :p

Oh and Kanto Vulpix was adorable as well. Its kind of a shame Oak didn't give it to one of the students.

I actually wonder if Principal Oak originally intended to keep both Vulpix as part of his research, but decided to let the class keep Alolan Vulpix. It was nice of him to let the students (i.e., Lillie) keep Alolan Vulpix. And the fact that Oak is keeping the Kanto Vulpix for himself may increase our chances of seeing it again (since, unless he decides to keep it in a Pokéball, it's likely to be around him wherever he is).

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Would be sad if Vulpix was left in it's Pokeball, especially after making Shiron play with the others.

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
Ack! This episode was too cute!

First, Lillie can touch Shiron now... and boy, were those moments of Lillie holding Shiron adorable. And she saved her Pokemon, which was so heroic and cute. But she can only touch Shiron, but one Pokemon is a start. Since she has caught Shiron, is Lillie a Pokemon Trainer now?By the way, does anyone know exactly what Shiron means?

I guess we're eluding to Jesse catching Bewear? That hug, though...

One thing: Mallow, you have had enough time in the spotlight. Please... another character, writers? I know Mallow is the poster child of her family business, but she doesn't have to be the poster child of this anime. I get that Lillie and Mallow are close friends, but let's see some other friendships. Mallow can't be Lillie's only bestie. Just a minor nitpick...

Overall, good episode. Cute, serious when needed. 9/10!

johno1995

Vulpix on Ash abuse was pretty hilarious. Poor kid.

I really hope to see more Lillie development, I really like the whole concept of the character so far. And if they adapt her character arc from the games as well as possible while combining the elements they've introduced so far with her character, she has potential to be the best female character in the show thus far. I hope she catches more Pokemon as the series goes along.

I really hope no one from TR catches Bewear. Tbh I'd rather it continue to kidnap and stalk them, I think it's funnier this way. And having them catch Bewear would hinder the hilarious new blast off gag...

Really great episode!

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Double vulpix, double the cuteness oh gsh cant get over them!
So happy that Shiron is battle ready and capable of doing well :D and Lillie is smart and quick thinking as always. Love her Shonen-Lillie style!

DatsRight

You do know that Lillie still was saved by Ash from hitting her head into the ground and that Serena was also able to beat Team Rocket before just like Lillie, right? Apparently the only one who isn't able to beat TR is SM Ash.

Lillie at least attempted a small bit of strategy though, Serena tended to be bad in situations where she couldn't just spam generic attacks. Even if Lillie follows the trend of being scared of Meowth fighting back. XD

Not a bad episode, slow paced beginning, though I'll need subs to properly evaluate that.

Normal Vulpix playing with Pikachu and co gave me deja vu of the OS. Hope it stays within the gang a few times. Also liked Turtonator not being omitted from the fun and games this time round.

Jessie 'bonding' with Bewear was a nice touch, I'm guessing we might have an eventual capture when they run out of escape gags. Mimikyu not obeying Jessie outside it's own agenda kind of necessitates she get a loyal Pokemon anyway (that or, you know, she actually uses Wobbuffet :p). It's odd how Bewear has zero facial expressions though.

It will certainly be interesting to see how the obligatory Ash and TR enemy mine will occur with Mimikyu that's for sure. :p

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
First, Lillie can touch Shiron now... and boy, were those moments of Lillie holding Shiron adorable. And she saved her Pokemon, which was so heroic and cute. But she can only touch Shiron, but one Pokemon is a start. Since she has caught Shiron, is Lillie a Pokemon Trainer now?By the way, does anyone know exactly what Shiron means?

Pretty much, yes. After Lillie caught Shiron (or, rather, Shiron caught itself) and she let it out again, I'm pretty sure Professor Kukui said, "Now Lillie is also a Pokémon Trainer." ("Kore de Lilie mo Pokémon trainer ni nakairuda.")

Lillie mentioned in the previous episode how she came up with the nickname "Shiron." I know she said it came from two words, and that one of them was shiro, which means "white," but I'm not 100% certain what she said the other word was. I thought I heard the onomatopoeia gorogoro, which means "rolling" or "tumbling," but like I said, I'm not 100% certain on that one, so don't take my word for it. (If someone whose Japanese is better than mine wants to confirm or correct me on that one....)

Normal Vulpix playing with Pikachu and co gave me deja vu of the OS. Hope it stays within the gang a few times. Also liked Turtonator not being omitted from the fun and games this time round.

Turtonator joining in on the playtime by letting the smaller Pokémon climb all over its back was cute. (Though, seriously, Kiawe, why would you let your giant volcanic turtle out of its Pokéball in the classroom? LOL!)

Last edited: