• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fruit of Courage: Lillie and Vulpix! (957)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Did Lillie command Shiron to use Powder Snow?

Yes, she did, both times. The first time, she commanded Shiron to aim Powder Snow at the ground ("Shiron! Jimen ni mukete konayuki," I believe is what she said); the second time, she just commanded it to use Powder Snow, without any other specifications ("Shiron, konayuki!"), although Shiron probably made the logical assumption to aim at Mareanie's Sludge Bomb. As TheWanderingMist said, the only time Shiron used Powder Snow without Lillie ordering it to was when it froze Ash.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
It's honestly not that high. Enough to cause pain, not enough to incapacitate them.

If she were to land on her feet anyway; head first, would probably be lethal. Judging from the height of the ledge (using the car and those stacks over there) it appeared to be at least 14 feet high.

diakyu

I love Mimikyu just walking around in the background randomly when Pikachu isn't present. It just doesn't care unless Pikachu is there lol. Gotta say, I didn't expect Lillie to take such initiative by the end of the episode, definitely didn't expect her to be commanding a Pokemon yet.

Lillie vs Lusamine when?

Janovy

Banned
I love Mimikyu just walking around in the background randomly when Pikachu isn't present. It just doesn't care unless Pikachu is there lol. Gotta say, I didn't expect Lillie to take such initiative by the end of the episode, definitely didn't expect her to be commanding a Pokemon yet.

Lillie vs Lusamine when?
Hopefully by the end of SM, especially if Vulpix evolves into Ninetales.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
After this episode, I want to see Ash and Lillie team up in battle. They could be such an interesting team. They would both come up with interesting techniques, but in ways that contrast each other--Ash because of his unorthodox, spontaneous battle style, and Lillie because of her vast knowledge from books.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
After this episode, I want to see Ash and Lillie team up in battle. They could be such an interesting team. They would both come up with interesting techniques, but in ways that contrast each other--Ash because of his unorthodox, spontaneous battle style, and Lillie because of her vast knowledge from books.

I think they would make a great team; they'll probably complement each other well in their battling styles. I hope we get another tag battle tournament

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Litten (if Ash catches it) and Vulpix could be a great combination, especially if they evolve all the way (timid 'delicate because it's fairy' vulpix and the wild 'aggressive because it's dark' Incineroar)...

actually that sounds like a bad fan fic

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Another enjoyable episode. This episode made me realise, that I'd like Ash, Mallow and Lillie to be the main cast for this series, they work well as a group I think, Mallow cares for Lillie, and theres definitely a good friendship between them, plus I quite like Mallow acting like the older sister of the group, who's very caring to Lillie, but bosses Ash around. Which is why I'm hoping that will happen eventually.

DatsRight

Not to mention the current contrast of Ash, despite not being the most educated, having tons of experience with Pokemon and battling, while Lillie, despite her wider knowledge, has mostly been secluded and unused to doing much herself. Definitely a full heart vs brains dynamic there, which could work well because the show thus far isn't submitting to either being perfect (they both have moments of being brilliant or complete buffoons).

Another enjoyable episode. This episode made me realise, that I'd like Ash, Mallow and Lillie to be the main cast for this series, they work well as a group I think, Mallow cares for Lillie, and theres definitely a good friendship between them, plus I quite like Mallow acting like the older sister of the group, who's very caring to Lillie, but bosses Ash around. Which is why I'm hoping that will happen eventually.

I admit I like the more natural chemistry between these guys so far. Rather than everyone either idolising Ash blindly or just rolling their eyes at his idiocy, they seem to get he's dependable, if rather oddly so given his quirks and deceptively humble and approachable nature. Again I liked how Mallow wanted to watch over Lillie so pretty much grabbed Ash as if to go 'You, strange wonder boy, you're needed.' XD

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Not to mention the current contrast of Ash, despite not being the most educated, having tons of experience with Pokemon and battling, while Lillie, despite her wider knowledge, has mostly been secluded and unused to doing much herself. Definitely a full heart vs brains dynamic there, which could work well because the show thus far isn't submitting to either being perfect (they both have moments of being brilliant or complete buffoons).

A heart vs. brains dynamic--that's a good way of putting it. And this is another reason I want to see the two of them team up. Ash is not very academically educated, but he has tons of experience with Pokémon and battles, and he has a very unorthodox style of battling. Lillie is academically educated and has a vast array of knowledge, but she is totally inexperienced and comes off as someone who is probably rather secluded. And as you said, the show hasn't portrayed either one as better than the other.

I admit I like the more natural chemistry between these guys so far. Rather than everyone either idolising Ash blindly or just rolling their eyes at his idiocy, they seem to get he's dependable, if rather oddly so given his quirks and deceptively humble and approachable nature. Again I liked how Mallow wanted to watch over Lillie so pretty much grabbed Ash as if to go 'You, strange wonder boy, you're needed.' XD

I agree. The chemistry between Ash and his friends (at least, those with whom he has actually interacted) feels natural. They might be surprised by and admire his skill, but they don't blindly idolize him, and they seem to chalk up his over-enthusiasm and occasional idiocy to Ash just being Ash.

This episode is now tied with Kiawe's for best. It was cute, and we got some Lillie screentime! I'm glad Ash didn't have to step in with the actual battling. Cool to see Lillie is a trainer! We'd better have her be the star trainer of the Aether Arc, otherwise I'll murder something.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
They kinda showed it in 'Wired for battle'

I meant the SM series, not the anime as a whole. :/

This episode is now tied with Kiawe's for best. It was cute, and we got some Lillie screentime! I'm glad Ash didn't have to step in with the actual battling. Cool to see Lillie is a trainer! We'd better have her be the star trainer of the Aether Arc, otherwise I'll murder something.

I would love it if Lillie were the star Trainer of the Aether arc (although I won't murder something if she isn't, lol). However, I remind myself that Ash is still the protagonist, and on top of that, he is a protagonist with Chronic Hero Syndrome. So, to be honest, I will be happy if Lillie just shares equal spotlight with Ash and isn't pushed to the side when the action gets the most intense. Perhaps she drives most of the plot, participating in many of the key battles, but Ash, being the more experienced Trainer, does the heavy lifting, so to speak.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Hopefully Ash is like the PC in Sun Moon, an attack dog/the muscle, nothing more :O

Janovy

Banned
Many people complained saying that S/M was essentially Lillie's story and that the player character was sidelined, and well...I wouldn't mind if the anime was also Lillie's story.