• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fruit of Courage: Lillie and Vulpix! (957)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Lillie would be the first person we see to mess up the first lesson everyone should know when it comes to capturing Pokémon. :D

Over-exaggeration shouting, extreme emphasis on throwing, striking a pose, I'd argue the reverse :D

Don't think we've seen (or at least, Lillie's seen) anyone other than Kiawe release a Pokemon from a Pokeball (onscreen at least). Maybe she took her cue from him throwing Turtonator's ball in the air.

EDIT: I just remembered that she also saw Rowlet vs Oricorio. So...maybe not.

DatsRight

I only just saw the stinger for this episode. Looks like just as Lillie is getting used to touching Pokemon she's suffering the same Pokemon slapstick Ash does. Poor girl just can't win.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/sI7Mvbk.gif[/IMG200]

Pros:

* Lillie/Shiron bond

* Lillie already doing more in battling than Serena

* A superior version of that hilariously awful Pokevision episode climax

* All of these goofballs - Mimikyu refuses to battle, Mareanie facehugs,
Rowlet looks for melons

Cons:

(none)

Thoughts:

* Funny how these Vulpix are full-size moments after being born

* Now that Lillie can hold Shiron, hopefully they don't relegate her to the background until the potential AF arc.

Good, non-filler episode. Enjoyed the comical touches.

7/10

Last ten episodes ratings: 4/6/4/7/7.5/8/9/3.5/4/4
Average of episodes 1-10: 6.6/10

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Lillie performs her best Ash impression as she recklessly jumps off of a building to save Ice Vulpix. It was way too dangerous but I like that she did that and was able to touch Vulpix at that moment. Jessie bringing back doughnuts for the bearmon was touching and a bit of a surprise. It is sort of an unusual relationship but it seems to work for some strange reason.

PsychoBoost

Carbon Dioxide
Maybe Lillie is taking her cues from Ash? Jumping off buildings is similar, and she seems to try a dramatic style..

I guess she's scared of Pokémon, so throwing balls can be awkward! That part of it is simple. She maybe forgets about the Pokémon as well, LOL.

Pokéball throwing technique is slightly weird, because Pokéballs are sort of weird and magical... So that could be weird anyway!

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Wow so Snowy pulled a Froakie and tapped the Poké Ball itself to get caught.

Lillie-Ninetales confirmed.

Also, I'm typing this during the commercial break before the answer to WTP is revealed. I'm expecting the answer to be Ice Vulpix, but is there any way to tell Ice and Fire Vulpix apart just from their silhouettes?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Wow so Snowy pulled a Froakie and tapped the Poké Ball itself to get caught.

Lillie-Ninetales confirmed.

Also, I'm typing this during the commercial break before the answer to WTP is revealed. I'm expecting the answer to be Ice Vulpix, but is there any way to tell Ice and Fire Vulpix apart just from their silhouettes?

Alola Vulpix have slightly messier tails and their head tuft is different.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Another week, another shameful performance by the dub's soundtrack. This time, only the title card and TR's motto themes were kept.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I still like this episode. Only thing that makes me wonder is how Snowy and Bounsweet could stand on Turtonator's spikes without exploding.

TheWanderingMist

I still like this episode. Only thing that makes me wonder is how Snowy and Bounsweet could stand on Turtonator's spikes without exploding.

They're probably too light to trigger Shell Trap

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
How super convenient that the egg Lillie named turned out to do justice to its name before she even knew it was going to be an Ice-type. Also, it's a tsundere to its Vulpix sibling.

What is up with these trainers jumping from high places to save their Pokemon! You have Poke Balls. Use them! You don't need to risk getting your necks snapped! Lillie could have simply held Snowball "Shiron" Snowy after getting attacked, indirectly solving her touching issue (at least for SSS).

TR having that sudden dip of stupidity at the end was just weird, considering they were doing just fine without Mimikyu. The episode had to end quickly to wrap things up.

Janovy

Banned
How super convenient that the egg Lillie named turned out to do justice to its name before she even knew it was going to be an Ice-type. Also, it's a tsundere to its Vulpix sibling.
Thankfully in the Japanese dub it makes more sense. She calls it Shiron mainly because it's white.

English dub Lillie is a low-key psychic.

TheWanderingMist

Thankfully in the Japanese dub it makes more sense. She calls it Shiron mainly because it's white.

English dub Lillie is a low-key psychic.

Well, I doubt she was ever going to call it "Whitey" in English.

Janovy

Banned
Well, I doubt she was ever going to call it "Whitey" in English.
Well its egg had a floral pattern, so she could have gone with some flower name.

Even Snowball would make more sense because it's white and shaped like a ball. :D

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Honestly, the JP version of this episode didn't leave an impression on me whatsoever. It just felt like a near-half-hour of nothing. The JP version can literally only either piss me off, or make me feel nothing whatsoever. Though I have to admit its Japanese title is one weird attempt to sound deep, huh? "Fruit of Courage"? Gotta be the most nonsensical psuedo-thought-provoking title since "The Endless Zero". The dub, on the other hand...

"I feel really moved."
Uh, Lana, this is the dub. You're allowed to not underact.

Ah, so THAT was TR's significance: a chance for Snowy to freeze someone. Whoop-dee-doo. So I guess I really did miss nothing at all when I skipped TR's scenes back when I saw this episode in Japanese. I like this episode better when it focuses on Lillie and Snowy. Though I never thought Lillie would take a page from Ash's dive-off-cliffs book. And Jessie has officially lost her spine to Bewear.

Snowy's theme and that of Samson's Vulpix = tons and tons of "yes" from me. Those ones are just as adorable as the theme of Serena's Eevee from XY's dub. I like how Snowy's theme uses the celesta. And when Lillie and Snowy were walking together just after the commercial break, that was the musical highlight of the episode. It had the same notes as the scene where Litten visited Stoutland, so I guess that's to be a general theme of friendship. I very much like.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Same! Lol. Maybe he can be both their rivals in different ways similar to how Kaiba was with Yugi, Atem, and Joey.

Or more relevantly, how Nando was rivals to both Dawn and Ash

I'm confident enough that they'll call it Snowball as to put it in my signature.

Time to change your signature

It kind of bothers me this Lillie already became a trainer while game!Lillie took a whole game to come to her decision to become one after so much hardship.

Ironically, anime!Lillie had it worse regarding Pokemon than game!Lillie, but anime!Lillie already became a trainer in record time.

Let's face it. The Nebby plot is not going to be used given the situation. If it did, she would be immediately targeted by the evil team.

We have to wait to see whether Solgaleo and Lunala are featured in Movie 21. If not, (assuming Movie 21 is the last SM movie), then the Nebby plot has to be in the main anime

What is up with these trainers jumping from high places to save their Pokemon! You have Poke Balls. Use them! You don't need to risk getting your necks snapped! Lillie could have simply held Snowball "Shiron" Snowy after getting attacked, indirectly solving her touching issue (at least for SSS).

TR having that sudden dip of stupidity at the end was just weird, considering they were doing just fine without Mimikyu. The episode had to end quickly to wrap things up.

Please do NOT tell me you're going to go a whole nother saga calling something SSS. I thought we left him behind when he started crying...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Still BS how a simple Powder Snow from a freaking baby wiped out the TRio when they had Pikachu on its knees two episodes before hand. I don't care what anyone says, most people who'd defend Lillie hate Team Rocket anyways so they're just biased.

TheWanderingMist

Time to change your signature

Never! Snowball makes more sense than Snowy given A) Shiron is a combination of "white" and "rolling" and B) Snowy is Tintin's dog.

Vipsoccermaster

I must have seen more than 10 Vulpix overall today, from this episode and playing Pokémon GO combined.

Anyway, good episode. Nice to see Lillie is now an official Pokémon Trainer and her first Pokémon is Snowy, a white Vulpix. Team Rocket are of course up to no good, but at least they kept the continuity from the previous episode about pancakes. Jessie would have died from hugging Bewear as thanks for the malasada.

Mallow, you really don't need to stalk Lillie, it won't help her gain independence of being a Pokémon Trainer.

Also, when Ash got frozen and then burned, it's only Lana that's worried about Ash and no one else.

Hopefully the opening from SM15 onwards is updated with Lillie holding Snowy (the opening for this episode is understandable as Lillie hasn't officially caught Snowy at that point).