1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Future for Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by DarkDragonite., Oct 29, 2008.

1. DarkDragonite.

DarkDragonite. Well-Known Member

As the D/P seasons continue on I find myself asking if this will be it, the time when this great anime ends. With no indication that a 5 Gen will come after Platinum's release the anime will run out of material to work with. Ash will most likely defeat Paul in an epic battle and win the sinnoh league. I fear after this event we will just see Ash walk into the sunset towards another adventure and thus ending this long series. What is everyones opinion on how much life this anime has left? Do you think it will manage to live on even if Platinum ends up being the final pokemon game for years to come?

2. ~Goth~

~Goth~ ~Dark Trainer~

Pokemon will end when people will stop buying the games...

the end

3. Jesse GS the II

Jesse GS the II I was frozen today!

What do you mean, no indication of a 5th generation? The games are selling extraordinarily well (Platinum sold a million copies in three days in Japan) and the anime's ratings are very impressive, both here and abroad. With success like this, a 5th generation is a given, and the anime won't stop unless the video games do.

4. DarkDragonite.

Well I would agree with you the pokemon franchise is still making money and that translates to more life, however let's assume we will be playing platinum for 2 years before 5Gen is considered/made. Will the anime be able to drag on during that gap between 4th / 5th gen?

5. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

They could always end Ash's story, and start up the 5th gen with brand new characters.

Give the new characters a Pikachu for all I care, I'd like Ash's story to have some closure.

If we're in 2020 and Ash's journey is still going, I won't know whether to laugh or cry.

6. Jesse GS the II

Jesse GS the II I was frozen today!

It's done it before. Remember the Orange Islands and the Battle Frontier?

7. DarkDragonite.

True, but keep in mind when a show goes for a 2 year hiatus its difficult coming back. But hell maybe your right, pokemon always has seemed to be the exception and has lived longer then anyone could have guessed. But maybe this time will be different.....

8. Electivirus

Electivirus Not really, no.

Hell, Pokemon will end just as soon as Ash hits puberty and Brock finds a girl. *hinthint* ;)

EDIT: Woot Rank up! Orange Islands!

9. bigpop618

bigpop618 Dragon Trainer

Pokemon will continue. Are you nuts. If you find something that makes you enough money, that you could burn it and make firewood and not care, would you stop? I think not.

There are new ideas out there. Some I've heard on the forum that could work. Others I'm pretty sure the writers are coming up with.

10. jigglypoof

jigglypoof oldskool pokeshipper

We have a few more years at the least. I really don't think they have any plans to stop anytime soon.

11. DanChimchar

DanChimchar Friends are Diamonds

I don't think they shall finish the anime anytime soon. I say as long as Japan is still running and People keep buying and loving Pokemon, then it will run forever Hopefully
    Then again a lot of Japanese Animes go on for a long time than end (Note Sailor Moon and Dragonball and Z and Gt)

12. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Note: there are only 52 weeks in a year. So at most there's only going to be 52 episodes a year. I think it's entirely possible.

13. ~Goth~

~Goth~ ~Dark Trainer~

I think that Ash might be at the end'_________'

he'll prob challenge the Elite Four & if he wins he's champion & I could see a fresh start with a new character:)

14. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

I believe in that PokeBeach interview, the guy said that pokemon would have many generations to come...

If there are more generations in the games, there will be more generations in the anime.

Ash has been travelling for 10 years with his Pikachu....Do you think he would just all of a sudden be replaced with some new guy? Think about it...No Ash = No Pikachu, No Brock, No Female Companion, No Team Rocket, No Prof.Oak (i could go on, but i wont).

15. hmmm

hmmm Scuffle of Legends

A while back a man had an interview with the creator of the anime. That interview was posted on the internet, and then a thread here linked it.

It confirmed a 5th gen

16. PDL

PDL disenchanted

I'd wait until Nintendo releases a new handheld.

Then I'll worry about the 5th generation games and in turn, it's anime.

17. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

I hope you are being sarcastic, because they will never get rid of Ash. They mentioned that in the Pokebeach interview. Ash and Pikachu are mascots of the Anime. So, if the anime does last until 2020, unfortunately for you, Ash's journey will still go on.

No it didn't. It said that pokemon will continue as long as they can make money off of them. There very well may be a 5th gen, but they didn't directly state it.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  18. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

Ash + Pikachu ARE the Pokemon anime....That'll never change.

The guy said that there would be many generations to come. I would say thats enough in terms of confirmation.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  19. trixie08

trixie08 Speak No Evil

If there is a new anime season for Generation V, it is likely that they'll put Ash in the Sinnoh Battle Frontier until everything for the new generation is set, just like Kanto-Johto then Hoenn-Sinnoh, or they may even skip that.

EDIT: RANK UP!!! Earlier than I thought

20. Igottapoo

Igottapoo In my nightmares

what he said