• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future for Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
It'll still be airing for 1-2 more years, mainly due to the Platinum Battle Frontier, and that might run for a year.us Then if Generation 5 is introduced' then there's another three years (if it happens, there should be fresh things like a new attitude). But I'm rambling on, sorry.

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
I really hope there is at least one more genration!!

Undead_soul

What's the matter?
i think 5G will be the last one sadly.

I mean all things must come to a end and sadly pokemon will have to do soon....

Rick_Myers

i think 5G will be the last one sadly.

I mean all things must come to a end and sadly pokemon will have to do soon....

and how do you figure out the 5th gen being the final gen? i mean i really don't understand people with this mentality, sure everyone can have their own opinions, and i also know that opinons 'cannot' be right or wrong, but im sorry but this is the exception lol.i mean the reasons stack up against you view so much...

- second biggest franchise nintendo own, after mario
- one of the biggest franchises of anysort games film ect.
- huge fanbase across the globe.
- massive game sales, not to mention trading cards and movies still make a bomb
- so many posibilities to be explore, people say there are not animals that pokemon can be based off, sot there is less than 600 species of animal on the planet, ok....
- ken sugimori himself said there were 'many more' generations to come, now he works very closely with pokeon and designs alot of them, so is he just lying??

you say that things come to an end, yes they do. but its mainly creator owned things that are ended in the 'right way' by their creators, pokemon is owned by nintendo, so if it still makes money ( which it does, and will continue doing so) then there is no end for pokemon in sight, like it or not.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
If Yu-Gi-Oh can have so many seasons, and series, can't Pokemon go that long as well?

Having a Pokemon's 5th Generation might be amazing if this happens.
If they do, I hope they have:
Better Contest
New Pokeballs
Cooler Gym Leaders/Gym Gimmicks
Triple Battle*
A better 3D game like Colosseum
Acceptible Starters.

*If they can make it up so well

Grei

not the color
Of course there'll be a 5th Gen. Large franchises don't end because it'll leave a nice impression, they end when they're done to death.

Honestly, I'd love for Magespages/Pokepages to repost his old Pokes and submit them to Nintendo for the 5th Gen but that's wishful thinking

Squaaah

Someone stated on a previous page that there are 52 weeks in a year. Theres at least around 50 eps of this series left to go. Lets not forget all the weeks that will be postponed due to baseball and holidays and stuff. Add another 50 for a filler saga (battle frontier, elite four, watever, and if they run out of game stuff, the writers arnt uncapable of making stuff up, like the orange islands) for another year. That'll be two years by which point another game will be in realesed OR will be in development. The writers have plenty of material to postpone the 5th gen till then, so no the anime wont finish.

As has already been stated, the anime will end when Nintendo can't make money off it anymore. Even if the games stop making money, if the anime is making money theres no reason to stop making it.

cocoa_adele

i cant imagine not having the pokemon anime! =O

sad i know, but i'll be real sad if they dont have a 5th generation but i didnt see the 4th generation coming in the first place so... who knows?

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
I think it'll be here for a while yet. It's a huge cash cow for Nintendo, and I see no reason for them to stop milking it.

AdamDuffield

Pokemon Trainer
If they do run out of material before the new game you know they'll just have a filler season such as orange islands and battle frontier

Although the show has definatl slipped snince it first aired, this may well be the last season

Rex Kamex

and how do you figure out the 5th gen being the final gen? i mean i really don't understand people with this mentality, sure everyone can have their own opinions, and i also know that opinons 'cannot' be right or wrong, but im sorry but this is the exception lol.i mean the reasons stack up against you view so much...

They can still make new games even if they stop making new generations (after the fifth one, I mean). That's what I wish they'd do (I don't see any reason for Pokemon as a whole to completely die off), but... meh.

Killer Grunt said:
No i was talking about the anime in general, even if they end the main series i bet there will still be spin-offs or more movies or something to keep the franchise alive (other than the games of course).

I can imagine, whenever Ash's Japanese voice actor stops doing his voice. That I wouldn't mind, but I would mind if it was still Ash traveling 30 years later.

VoltTacklingPika

The way I see it, Pokemon won't be ending anytime soon yet at the same time can end very quickly and suddenly. As many have stated, money is what elongates the life of the show. If that flow of money remains at the same rate it is currently at, then we're going to be seeing Pokemon for perhaps another decade.

However, if that flow suddenly stopped, then obviously the show would end. The likelihood of this happening is not very high. I don't know Japan's financial status at this moment of time. But all it takes is for someone to make something new in the coming years and for that new product to attract the same if not more popularity than Pokemon. That's one way to stop the money flow. It's easier said then done though.

In conclusion, I think it's a safe bet for Pokemon to continue running as it is (with changes where necessary, of course) for many years to come. But, let's not rule out the possibility of a fananical breakdown no matter how slim the chances are.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I believe that they'll do a New Battle Frontier, so they can have all the time to plan out the future of Pokemon (Like in 2010-2011).

Does anyone believe that a Triple Battle can be made, or can it but just be a complete failure?

Red Jr.

Banned
They're gonna make it to the 5th gen.No doubt about that.

But the question is how are the writers going to come up with new ideas for the episodes? They're eventually going to run out. Even if they do start all over with a new set of characters after Ash, are they just gonna repeat the same events?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Well, episodes in the 5th Gen. can introduce new pokemon, like how the Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh have done, right? Also, characters introduced from the new videogames, The Gym Leaders, meeting the Gym Leaders/Elite Four Apperances, Rival battles, Contests, Grand Festivals, Leauges, Tag Battles, Movies, Evolving, and Ledgendary Pokemon.

It's just how they plan it all out.

Jaguar297

I'm back!
yeah, but 4th generation was a little suckish than 3rd generation so they'll run out of ideas in awile.

Status
Not open for further replies.