• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future for Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
I hope what you predict does come true and that he wins and loses to Cynthia.
Anyways The anime will go on if people keep buying the games
Which they will since there so adicting.
But anyways it's the reason why me love pokemon

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
But you have to says its nice that DP is long and taking its time not to be rushed. Also nice to see each and every pokemon from the Gen which is good and the plot is one of the best in all the games. Can't wait to see that

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Pokemon will end when the sun expands and burns Earth to 270 degrees celsius and every human being (besides the ones on the escape pod drifting through space, slowly going mad) dies.

Pokemon will never end in my opinion, as long as people buy it, they'll keep making games and the anime. At the end, there'll be about 10 million Pokemon.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I just wonder how it will last.Remember that as the years go by the characters age{the time beween leagues adds up}If they continue for geneations,Ash could be an adult in the anime one day

~AussieWonder~

I look forward to seeing MANY more years to come from the all-conquering Pokemon franchise. Despite the movies not being showed in the cinemas anymore, the franchise is as popular as ever.

randomspot555

I just wonder how it will last.Remember that as the years go by the characters age{the time beween leagues adds up}If they continue for geneations,Ash could be an adult in the anime one day

Have you ever read a comic book, watched a James Bond movie, or a television show like the Simpsons? All of these, and many more, operate on a very reduced time scale so that the characters never or very slowly age. Trust me, the Pokemon producers aren't going to quit just because "Oops, looks like Ash is 20 now. I better go get a new job"

Linkdarkside

i don't think it will end after D&P there still platinium battle frontier and Orre region.

they could also use the region of the ranger games and put a filler league.

OddMewtwo

♥Psychic Lover♥
I think that pokemon will never stop. They are too popular to be ended. Every time they release a new game, people buy it alot. And i taught that it will be 2 new games after platinum? They will be remakes of G/S/C. The names DuskGold and DawnSilver are copyright so they maybe have a hope to be new games.:D I hope they will. Because they did remakes of Red,Blue,Green and Yellow. So why not make remakes of G/S/C? It will be unfair if they dont do remakes of the johto games. I always loved the G/S/C games. I really hate that they are only in Gameboy Color. If they will have WiFi it would be more fun to play it. They can have some WiFi events that you can get a special pokemon or item that activates something.

Last edited:

PurpleMew

no promises
I think Pokemon will have a good future because so far the games are the second best game series in the world and if the Pokemon games keep coming then i think the Anime will take follow.

Metsuki

Considering Research
Well, IF we had a correct time flow, at least. For this, we have the pokesho parody about characters age (ignore malicious details):

http://www.pokesho.com/note.html

I read that. Cutest thing ever.

Eh, I feel that Pokemon at this rate would only ever go on for so long. Makes me think about the other shows based on other immensely popular games (i.e. Mario, Kirby, Zelda, Sonic...). Maybe not the best examples: some of these franchises currently air anime, while some have not in a long time. There is no equivalent for comparison. Either way, anime or no anime, the games can endure for generations given the popularity does not fade.

I personally am glad the Pokemon games vary. After a while, training becomes a little boring.

G-S-C Fanatic

o.O Shiny Gater
Well, like alot of people said the anime will end when the games stop selling. I'm just hope Ash beats Cynthia, Time advances and Ash and Misty get married, have a kid and Ash's kid gets a Pichu/Pikachu(Ash's Pikachu Offspring) and poof the end of Ash.

Metsuki

Considering Research
Should the games stop selling, there is a chance that the anime will be utilized to try and produce a revival. I agree though, the anime, should it end, should end happily, concluded. Imagine how terrible it would be were the show cancelled without closure.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Not when the series has more than meets the eye. I'm sure Pokemon can go longer than 11 years. The series will end on a good note, yes. But around now, I'd say the show still has it's touch, and should go on and on.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Have you ever read a comic book, watched a James Bond movie, or a television show like the Simpsons? All of these, and many more, operate on a very reduced time scale so that the characters never or very slowly age. Trust me, the Pokemon producers aren't going to quit just because "Oops, looks like Ash is 20 now. I better go get a new job"

I know,but each leauge is what,a year or something?Or maybe I'm wrong.Neverthless,at least a year has passed.By that logic decades will go by before Ash is 20

randomspot555

I know,but each leauge is what,a year or something?Or maybe I'm wrong.Neverthless,at least a year has passed.By that logic decades will go by before Ash is 20

...That's my point. Fictional media such as Pokemon has such a reduced time scale that:

• References to previous episodes/sagas/movies/arcs/stories are rarely made, and when they are, not mentioned within a specific time frame
  • And because of the condensed version of time, the characters "basically" don't age

Status
Not open for further replies.