• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future for Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teebird

randomspot is right, ash and pikachu getting kicked out of the anime means the anime dies.
I would like to see a pokemon anime without the star being ash though, and not a spin-off like chronicles.

In the next anime , If theres one , there might be another battle frontier that Ash will go compete in probably the Platinum one ... and Dawn will go with him to compete in the Grand Festival .... probably Jhoto ..... since Kanto has been used for Hoenn's battle frontier ..... but a battle frontier in Hoenn would be quite impossible for Nintendo to do that ...

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
i hope it does not does not end because it is a very important part of my life. they should not end at least let them have a fifth genaration sorry if i mispelled anything

There is a 99.999% chance you will get what you desire.

Its pretty much been said there would be many generations to come.

ak47madden

Berserk
I really hope Pokemon games or anime doesn't end and how can they run out of material? Their pokemon are based off of everything and imagination is forever. It never gets old to me imo. Its all okay if they just have new pokemon.

Haxon22

iJerk
Would like to see Ash challenge the Elite Four

Seth1789110

Is my DS racist?
Well see first off, pokemon anime dies with the death of the games. The games die when we run out of pokemon. With 517 pokemon to go before we hit 1000, we have a ways to go. At 100 new pokemon a game averaged, thats about 5 generations after this 1. What they can do to close up the gap would DEFINETELY do the whole Johto Battle Frontier. The, by the time thats over with, the G/S remakes will be out, so Ash can do 1 of the island chains there, and then gen 5 will be out. So there you have it...ALSO, pokemon has already invented all those pokemon...they invented them with Red/Blue. They are picking and choosing there favorites though...

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
The officials already said in an interview(can't remember exactly) that there will be more generations to come as long is poke'mon is a success.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I really can't see pokemon going on for many more generations. 1 or 2 more i can see but after that i can't. I think they will run out of material sooner or later.

DarkPrince

Take that!
How about this:
Ash becomes the pokemon master in Sinnoh after beating Cynthia.Then after about 7-8 years later a new character invites the grownup Ash to a new region to prove his skills of a pokemon master by winning some 8 badges and going into a world championship league in which all the best people of the world take part.For this region no new pokemon should be there but all the pokemons of all the 4 regions should be here.And then ash becomes the champion after defeating a character with arceus and ash says goddbye to Pikachu
Nice ending huh??

mew801

But keep in mid everyone, Pokemon can't just keep going on forever. There will have to be a finishing Gen. I think it will be after 5th Gen (if they make one) but seriously, how long can they keep making up pokemon for? My guess is not very long.

Rommath

▲_▲
But keep in mid everyone, Pokemon can't just keep going on forever. There will have to be a finishing Gen. I think it will be after 5th Gen (if they make one) but seriously, how long can they keep making up pokemon for? My guess is not very long.

Well, there are a certain amount of animals out there they haven't made Pokemon to represent, but I agree with you. Once the games stop selling so well or when they really cannot think of a new set of Pokemon, I think Pokemon will end, sad to say.

Last edited:

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
How about this:
Ash becomes the pokemon master in Sinnoh after beating Cynthia.Then after about 7-8 years later a new character invites the grownup Ash to a new region to prove his skills of a pokemon master by winning some 8 badges and going into a world championship league in which all the best people of the world take part.For this region no new pokemon should be there but all the pokemons of all the 4 regions should be here.And then ash becomes the champion after defeating a character with arceus and ash says goddbye to Pikachu
Nice ending huh??

ok seriuosly thats the worst ending EVER a trainer cant even get a legendary in the animé...... i hope they make a new johto remake for ds AND in the animé.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
I can see even if ash becomes the champ we would follow Dawn's adventure or Brock since there the secondaire main Pokemon won't end but it could be possible Ash's adventure of being a master will become true than end?

harryheart

Like DanChimchar said, Ash wouldn't stay the main main character forever, but one of his companions may, or if he had kids one of them may!

randomspot555

Why do you think a highly successful franchise will end after the next generation? The only answer is if you think the 5th gen will financially fail. But why would you think that?

I can see even if ash becomes the champ we would follow Dawn's adventure or Brock since there the secondaire main Pokemon won't end but it could be possible Ash's adventure of being a master will become true than end?

Ash isn't just a main character, he is THE main character. Brock's goal isn't really something that can carry a show, and people much smarter than any of us have decided that Contests being at the center of the show isn't a good idea.

Pokemon will have many years to come, but will have to end at some point. About Ash's age? My theory is that one episode takes up at least one day in his travels, even a half a day. There are like, less than 600 episodes overall and 365 days in a year and 52 weeks in a year. Now just put that information together and Ash is barely 11 or 12 years old, right? Yes, the dub sometimes mentions years, but maybe bad dubbing perhaps(?) He wouldn't want to end his journey to become the Pokemon master just like that. His dream isn't to beat the Champion of a specific region, its to become the world's best Pokemon trainer. imo.

Squaaah

Like DanChimchar said, Ash wouldn't stay the main main character forever, but one of his companions may, or if he had kids one of them may!

Actually there was an interview with one of the writers (or something, im not entirly sure of the whole story) that said that Ash and Pikachu WILL be the main characters throughout the series.

Anyway, Tyson became a world champion Beyblader at the end of series one, yet he continued for another 2 series after that, and they're making another one! So theres no reason Ash becoming a champ means the end of the show.

And to be honest, he doesnt look like he's anywhere near being champ IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.