• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future for Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpoleon

There should be 5th gen because i remember hearing that Pokemon might go on forever,but I don't think Ash should go on forever.

Freezeydakilla

Hardcore Ice Lover!
There should be 5th gen because i remember hearing that Pokemon might go on forever,but I don't think Ash should go on forever.

it would be interesting if they made the 5th gen to be a decade in the future were ash is finally an adult and they would introduce a brand new character to follow in the series.ash could make a few cameo appearences of course.IMO thats what they may do eventually.

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
so they introduce 5th gen in movie 12 but don't elaborate on it too much until the new games are created and then the anime would take place 10 or so years in the future without Ash, maybe his son, cousin, or a completely random person. the only reason i would think they'd follow a relative of Ash's would be so he could make cameos and reference events from long ago

PiplupMan

The Master of Water
so they introduce 5th gen in movie 12 but don't elaborate on it too much until the new games are created and then the anime would take place 10 or so years in the future without Ash, maybe his son, cousin, or a completely random person. the only reason i would think they'd follow a relative of Ash's would be so he could make cameos and reference events from long ago

If it will not be ash mabe it will go back in time for his fathers journey? because like on the second wpisode his mum said that it took his father two days or something! Gee he must be rubish it takes everyone like 30 seconds! lol

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
That Dialga thing does sound interesting. If we were ever to see anything of his father, he'd have his face shadowed, and probably his voice unheard.

Pokemon will stay as immortal as DBZ. Think of it as.... the DBZ manga is like the games, and the DBZ games are the anime. The manga has/will stop sometimes, but the games will still continue.

Confused? I have done my job.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
DBZ got me confused all the time, It had a lot of elements I couldn't really recall all the time. Pokemon, unlike DBZ sometimes, is kinda like Avatar.

Haxon22

iJerk
Pokemon is not going anywhere anytime soon

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Just like DBZ, Pokemon has what I call the infinite formula, it can just keep going and going. It can also just stop whenever it wants.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Just like DBZ, Pokemon has what I call the infinite formula, it can just keep going and going. It can also just stop whenever it wants.

Yeah, but didn't they stop with DBZ (i never really watched it that much)? And if so, the difference btw them is, DBZ stopped and Pokemon is still going on.

Biodragon

Personally I think if they do another season with 5th gen, which they will no doubt do, that they should drop Ash. When I first heard about D/P I had heard that Ash wasn't in it, though this proved to be false annoyingly. I mean it's not like Ash isn't an okay character, but after being around him so long its gotten fairly easy to predict his reactions to things. The first season was the best for Ash because more often then no he was the underdog and we saw him go through his many trials in order to become a strong trainer. Now we are there and wondering what to do. Maybe in the next gen they could make Ash an enigmatic figure, only seeing brief shadows of him or extremely subtle hints of his presence. Then in the dramatic conclusion the new hero would fight Ash in a battle of the ages! That and how many times is Pikachu going be de-leveled from elite four level to first gym level?

randomspot555

Personally I think if they do another season with 5th gen, which they will no doubt do, that they should drop Ash. When I first heard about D/P I had heard that Ash wasn't in it, though this proved to be false annoyingly. I mean it's not like Ash isn't an okay character, but after being around him so long its gotten fairly easy to predict his reactions to things. The first season was the best for Ash because more often then no he was the underdog and we saw him go through his many trials in order to become a strong trainer. Now we are there and wondering what to do. Maybe in the next gen they could make Ash an enigmatic figure, only seeing brief shadows of him or extremely subtle hints of his presence. Then in the dramatic conclusion the new hero would fight Ash in a battle of the ages! That and how many times is Pikachu going be de-leveled from elite four level to first gym level?

The person who told you about Ash not returning in D/P either lied to you or is very stupid, maybe both.

And if you make Ash an "enigmatic" figure, then he's completely unrelatable and the show fails. Like it or not, Pikachu and him are the basis for the anime. Not to mention that he hasn't really done anything to make him some figure that should be portrayed as Champs and E4 have been.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Pokemon, to me, is something way different to other DUB anime.

Yu-Gi-Oh! and DBZ all have seperate and sequel series. Also, YGO has new series airing, and they don't have YuGi anymore! What's the point if watching it without the main star of the show? That's how I'd react if Ash wasn't the star of the series anymore. Think about it with the current series compared to Pokemon Chronicles. Pretty glad the current 3 series have Ash as the star.

meowth01

dont end it

i hope it does not does not end because it is a very important part of my life. they should not end at least let them have a fifth genaration sorry if i mispelled anything

Status
Not open for further replies.