• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future for Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
The Pokémon franchise will continue until Ash Ketchum and Pikachu part ways. *Hint, hint, wink, wink*. 'Nuff said.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
But keep in mid everyone, Pokemon can't just keep going on forever. There will have to be a finishing Gen. I think it will be after 5th Gen (if they make one) but seriously, how long can they keep making up pokemon for? My guess is not very long.

Alot of people thought Pokemon would not have gone as far as it did (like past the 2rd Gen), but it did and was successful. I doubt if Pokemon would end after the 5th Gen.

Ash isn't just a main character, he is THE main character. Brock's goal isn't really something that can carry a show, and people much smarter than any of us have decided that Contests being at the center of the show isn't a good idea.

Yeah true, and also in the show it doesn't really show Brock progressing in fulfilling his goal. It's like he just goes with Ash because he has nothing to do. Thats another reason why Brock's goal is not worth basing the show off of.

Foxy-Sama

Kokoni kuru!
I personally don't see pokemon going that much further, myself... I mean, they're already running out of ideas. While I do love Pokemon, and probably always will, I don't want to see it die a horrible death. </3

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
As of now, we still got LOTS of Pokemon merchandise and everything. But for now, I'd say Pokemon is far from over. It's gonna end when it's gonna end. Now isn't the right time. I can see a future for 2009 and 1/2 of 2010. I'm not sure about the rest and 2011 as well, because around that time, we might see the birth of Gen V and the newest Nintendo home system. Only time is gonna tell us. We're being too impaitient to find out our answers. Especially to a demand for GS remakes.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
The Future for Pokemon will be bright as long as there is Pokemon fan

Dittoman97

Piplup?
I think they will make a generation V, with pokemon platinum they will make a lot of $$$$$$$$$$
that stuff and know they still will keep making money with pokemon

randomspot555

I personally don't see pokemon going that much further, myself... I mean, they're already running out of ideas. While I do love Pokemon, and probably always will, I don't want to see it die a horrible death. </3

They aren't running out of ideas.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!

Diamond and Pearl has been the most inventive and creative generation yet, both in the video games and in the anime. What makes you think they're running out of ideas?

PKMNfossilfreak

Fossil-Trainer
Diamond and Pearl has been the most inventive and creative generation yet, both in the video games and in the anime. What makes you think they're running out of ideas?

I totally agree with Jesse GS the II, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl where a real leap forward against older generation's, and the fact is that pokémon was created with imagination and the only limitations to Pokémon are the imagination...(more or less)

Pokémon will continue as long as Nintendo keeps fantasying.

Right now pokemon Diamond and Pearl (in the plotline) is doing well. As everyone has said on this thread, as long as Pokemon is still popular, the anime will too. What will happen to us if Pokemon ends? What will happen to the money they make? What will happen to Ash and Pikachu? We just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.