• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future I Seize (1223)

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
To be fair, it's also an arc that only exists because they realized 50 episodes into the previous arc they had given this character that THAt arc wasn't working and they needed to come up with a replacement.
But I thought catching all of the Pokemon means Mew descends and congratulates you? Who could have foreseen that not working out????

Project Mew was a joke from the start and a clear indicator that Journeys was not thoroughly planned out. Embarrassing.

I don't dislike Goh because of the "he's stealing Ash's spotlight" conspiracies. I dislike him because he's boring as hell and it was obvious that his goal made zero sense. Initially, they made it seem like catching every Pokemon was "one step closer to Mew." I immediately questioned how catching a Caterpie in the woods is gonna get you closer to catching Mew. The writers probably realized the same thing, and thus decided to make Project Mew, where Goh travels to random locations to do random tasks that involve random Pokemon that will somehow help him find Mew. Wow, what an improvement.

I'm glad to see these co-protagonists getting such amazing finales! I'm sure we're gonna see news articles writing about Goh's endeavors, right?

Hu Tao

Serebii Lurker for at least half a decade
Grookey was training the whole time by using Goh's head as a drum...

Also they really nerfed Kyogre and Groudon like that. Remember when those things could literally have covered the entire world in eternal drought or cause Noah's Ark levels of mass flooding a couple decades ago? One of those guys got scared off by water on its face.

quick edit: Did not say this for some reason. But I guess it's just weird for me when I see Godzilla type creatures not doing world destroying stuff anymore. And Groudon's size is more like its canon height but that thing used to be massive in the anime. Stuff like that.

Edit #69 because I'm at school and I'm watching like 2 seconds at a time: LMAO????

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
This is not the real Ash. What we are witnessing is evidence that a production coup took place during XY. Tomiyasu worked with the BW writers to make Ash lose the league. The current staff absolutely despises XY&Z and regrets its existence. The current staff does everything in its power to destroy XY&Z's legacy. XY Ash is the real Ash. SM Ash onward is an usurper of the true Ash. XY Ash will return one day.

This sounds like a conspiracy theory that another user who loves Kalos would think of...multiple accounts?

No offense to Goh, but i'm glad Mew wasn't caught, sure it was nice to see it actually show some raw power there, but to me it was about what Mew is, one of the two progenitors alongside Arceus and not something that should be in human hands because of that.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I genuinely do not understand why they gave Urshifu to Danica and Quillon when they get next to no screentime. This would've been a perfect chance to have them shine in battle, but no. Two-shotted. At least it's another Gen VIII mon to check off the list.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Probably the best thing about this episode was the presentation of Mew actually feeling like it's the "creator" or "Jesus" itself. Just showing Go the creation of Earth and human life for the sake of, randomly just destroying everything in its wake, then proceeding to heal everything back up, the illusions, the appearance of the prehistoric fossil Pokemon, just very accurate portrayal of a god to mere mortals.

There's clearly a hierarchy of what it means to be a special or legendary Pokemon and it's easy to forget Mew really is the OG thanks to the amount of content bloat in Pokemon these days with dime-a-dozen alternate forms, transformations, evolutions and mythicals/legendary/event Pokemon.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
These same people would never raise their objections against Ash either. Since Ash has actively aided Goh and Project Mew, he would be an accessory to a crime in legal system. Don't expect people to do that here because people feel the need to demonize Project Mew and Goh, sense be damned.
I think the most funny thing about this all is that Goh literally risks and puts his life on the line this episode to save all the wild Pokemon being hurt by Mew this episode
OMG, what a hunter
The funniest thing is that these same dumbass users complain the show is kiddish and one dimensional but can't even comprehend a basic kid show storyline it seems, sad

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Urshifu being disrespected was disappointing simply coz it would have been nice to get more of a showing, but it certainly isn't devalued considering its Mew of all mons that takes it down
Urshifu were shown to be powerful in their prior appearances, or are we forgetting an Urshifu easily taking down a Regice?
The only legendaries badly treated imo were Suicune and to an extent Zapdos, rest all were fine

BlobbiBoi

In fact Urshifu literally isn't even an in-universe Legendary.

Kubfu is described as being super common wherever they live now, they're just incredibly rare in Galar (and classed as a Legendary in-game) because the species migrated away a long-ass time ago.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Aweh this was a fun episode! I am thoroughly happy with how project mew turned out overall, even if last episode was boring af lol. I do need to wait for subs to come out properly though as it was pretty talking heavy, but the mew battle was just fun. How can someone not love mew!?

AJ97

So many legendaries devalued for absolutely nothing.
Only Moltres and Articuno left with their dignity intact. Well, maybe not Articuno considering that episode's "animation" but still.
Praying that in whatever comes in next legendaries aren't treated like this again.
This is exactly how strong regular legendary Pokemon are in the anime universe. If anything, the Articuno episode had terrible powerscaling by making Ash look awful.

In the anime universe, while bae Legendary Pokemon are relatively stronger than a regular trainer's Pokemon, they aere still beatable by a skilled Trainer. All the Master Class Trainers and even Hyper Class Trainers should have no issue fighting against Legendary Pokemon.

It's the special Legendary Pokemon that are on a different dimension and at a level strong enough to toy around with the entire Master Class. Mewtwo, Zygarde, Eternamax Eternatus, Rayquaza and Mew; all fall into this bucket.

Project Mew team were delusional if they taught they could defeat and capture a Pokemon that strong.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
I wonder if the anime Ho-Oh we know is as OP as this Mew displayed here. It's also the first Legendary we've seen, so I feel like the writers would treat it with well deserved respect in battle.