• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future I Seize (1223)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
That was the most Project Mew episode ever. I don't agree that it's a terrible episode since that's such a huge exaggeration lmao but it was underwhelming. Expectations weren't high to begin with though.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Well, this was honestly a boring conclusion to the whole Project Mew schtick. And that's kind of unfortunate because it did look like things were picking up with the last few episodes and it instead ends with a fizzle instead of a bang. The exact opposite of the exciting ending to Ash vs Leon and the Masters Eight.

Think of Project Mew as the kind of DLC that you'd pay for if you were curious to see how Goh's main goal ends. It's not the great kind of DLC though.

I think they even did this 2 parter is franklt because they forgot about project mew and remebered it at the last moment and wanted to finish it in a hurry.

BobbbidyBob

I didn’t think of that sequence as the origin of anything but a delusion or hallucination...just mew playing with their minds and making them believe whatever mew wants them to believe, like the trickster that it is

k6666

Pikachu Fan
In conclusion project mew deserved better, it’s such a meh finale for Goh , while ash got great finale , I’m hoping Goh continue and being part of Arven story or became center of the area zero arc in paldea if he staying of course

Risrhayne

Subs needed to fully understand this episode, but can we all take a friggin’ second to harp on the monkey that’s only battled like, one or two times, shown knowing the most basic branch poke move, can’t deliver goods without sobbing, the worst of the shoulder pets LEARNING GOSH DARN WOOD HAMMER.

I know that levels don’t exist in the anime, but holy spaceballs, you can’t go from fresh out of the pokeball move to one of the sTrongest grass moves in th-

Remix2

Not surprised on the conclusion was bad given that the whole project mew storyline was basically made up last minute during the middle of the series since the other goal wasn’t working.

This is what happens when you have no vision for a series.

UnovaMaster

There was no other way to write a bow for an open-ended goal that the anime is going to have around for quite some time

Personally I still think there's a chance Amaranth comes back next series, and is playing the long game of waiting to monitor Goh's attachment with Mew

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Project mew is no different from team rocket, pokemon hunter, other bad organization etc. Human just filling their own selfish desire and doing whatever they can to catch them.
Zero comprehension when it comes to the episodes ig
The difference is the bad organisations want these Pokemon for their evil purposes and force these mons to go with them, torture them, hurt them
Meanwhile here Project Mew approaches Mew with good intentions and with the intent to battle it to try and catch it with a pokeball, like how NORMALLY trainers catch Pokemon and form bonds

Is it really such a difficult concept to grasp?

MegaSalamence05

Honestly surprised Goh didn't catch Mew. But I understand the reason why he didn't.

Moving forward to the potential Gen 9 anime I though Goh was a lock because Mew is literally the skeleton key to every single Pokemon in existence. Even Paradox Pokemon. Just generally surprised is all like Goh and Mew being the keys to the Paradoxial phenomenon in Paldea. We shall see where things go from here.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
So…..was there really any point in introducing those project mew characters?

I feel like we know as much about them as in the begining and they haven’t done anything that are memorable.
Quite honestly, it would be better if PM was just Go dubbing his own goal and finding random people to form some sort of private WhatsApp group for clues about mew, but, whatever.

I don’t actually dislike the PM crew, but, they just don't look very integrated to the JN cast.

Honestly surprised Goh didn't catch Mew. But I understand the reason why he didn't.

Moving forward to the potential Gen 9 anime I though Goh was a lock because Mew is literally the skeleton key to every single Pokemon in existence. Even Paradox Pokemon. Just generally surprised is all like Goh and Mew being the keys to the Paradoxial phenomenon in Paldea. We shall see where things go from here.

Well... he touched mew, what was probably his biggest moment there. But, considering mew's portraying here, the last thing this cute killing machine need is a trainer.

BobbbidyBob

Project mew is no different from team rocket, pokemon hunter, other bad organization etc. Human just filling their own selfish desire and doing whatever they can to catch them.
In that logic you could say that Ash’s desire is also selfish and so is Goh’s lol I would say the less selfish goal would be Koharu’s, because her wish is for eevee to find her own path

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Zero comprehension when it comes to the episodes ig
The difference is the bad organisations want these Pokemon for their evil purposes and force these mons to go with them, torture them, hurt them
Meanwhile here Project Mew approaches Mew with good intentions and with the intent to battle it to try and catch it with a pokeball, like how NORMALLY trainers catch Pokemon and form bonds

Is it really such a difficult concept to grasp?
These same people would never raise their objections against Ash either. Since Ash has actively aided Goh and Project Mew, he would be an accessory to a crime in legal system. Don't expect people to do that here because people feel the need to demonize Project Mew and Goh, sense be damned.

The Drawn Sword

These same people would never raise their objections against Ash either. Since Ash has actively aided Goh and Project Mew, he would be an accessory to a crime in legal system. Don't expect people to do that here because people feel the need to demonize Project Mew and Goh, sense be damned.
This is not the real Ash. What we are witnessing is evidence that a production coup took place during XY. Tomiyasu worked with the BW writers to make Ash lose the league. The current staff absolutely despises XY&Z and regrets its existence. The current staff does everything in its power to destroy XY&Z's legacy. XY Ash is the real Ash. SM Ash onward is an usurper of the true Ash. XY Ash will return one day.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It makes perfect sense for Grookey to learn Wood Hammer despite contributing nothing of value for over 60 episodes. Clearly, it's a reference to how catching Pokemon gets you EXP. This was totally earned /s.