• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future Is Now, Thanks to Determination! (865)

Navin

MALDREAD
A Much Delayed Mal's Review -

Pros:

* Clemont's flashback about Ash's prowess and his own worth
* Serena asking about Clemont - a nice considering their lack of interactions
* Damn...TR just jumped several levels in wickedness. I like it.
* OST +1
* Luxray is a bad@zz
* Clemont leaves like a boss helicopta style

Cons:

* I get that Clemont admires Ash...but it would be nice for once if that wasn't emphasized yet again this episode. OR it would have been cool if both were contemplating about the other, just to see Ash notice Clemont's characteristics and growth. Lost opportunity.
* Oh god...another mind control episode
* Oh god...Ash tanks Pikachu's Thunderbolt again...it's not like I haven't seen that this season. Oh wait...
* Really...Clemont, did you have to do the SAME exact thing as Ash? Not your own unique thing to regain Luxray's mind.
* Really...Volt again.
* Yup...so Luxray gets mind-wiped and bites Clemont and then gets back to normal and poof! evolves...better hope it gets focus post-gym or I'll be sorely disappointed

Eh, decent episode I guess.

4.5/10

Last edited:

Pokegirl0102

this episode was alright and gave Clemont a little focus, the only thing i didn't like was that it felt like Luxio evolved way too soon since we hardly even seen the pokemon, either way i am pscyhed for whenever the gym match between Ash and Clemont takes place.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I like Team rocket centered plots but Jessie, James and Meowth do not strike me as the types who would be able to reprogram the power plant into a mind controlling device. At least this gives me a chance to pretend that they had a cell phone and that they called up Team rocket HQ to speak with Giovonni or some scientist grunt to make it happen. Off screen, of course.

Good episode for building up to the next gym

Vernikova

Champion
I very average episode. Only the very end of the episode is worth watching to be honest. I'm interested to see how the group will be without Clemont there.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Hey, Clemont. Remember that Gym battle against Viola and Ramos? ...What do you mean no?

Soooooo why was Luxio outside his Poke Ball at the start? Was that a subtle way to get him into the mind control without a reason?

It's so easy to turn a power source into yet another method to brainwash Pokemon: just point the satellite dishes down.

What, not a single car crash? Geez, everyone drives responsibly in this world.

Once more, TRio forgets the power of friendship overcomes brainwashing...or not, and they're aware of it or else they wouldn't have said that thing about Ash getting close to Pikachu.

And Luxio evolves into a Luxray with a really bad English voice. Does he do something else other than blasting TRio away? No, he just stares forward and away from Clemont... I think I'm starting to regret my wish of having a Shinx line representative in the main group. It if had been with Ash, it could've gotten a personality, but no, it went to Clemont, and the writers never give that much of a personality to the third member's team, unless they have a Piplup-like Pokemon.

Last edited:
inb4 Team Flare get the same treatment Team Plasma got and have their episodes banned for some reason.

No, but really, I thought they were going to sow up in this episode.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I know it was supposed to be in good spirits, but the way Ash said that "I'm still gonna beat you!" line when Clemont was leaving sounded kinda like a jerk to me. lol. Or maybe it was just Sarah's delivery.

I mean why not just straight wish him well. Or simply "Here's to a good game!". I kek'd.

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode. The ending, though, was the good part. Clemont leaving the group allows him to train himself for the battle with Ash. He clearly wants to be strong so the battle will be worth to watch. Let's see how the group can handle without Clemont around for the next few episodes.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I loved how TRio acted in this. Clemont should have taken Bonnie with him though.

And Luxray's VA is horrible. Luxio's was good. The D/P Luxray's was good, not this

This was a pretty good episode. It was nice to see Clemont's Luxio evolve. Looking forward to seeing his battle with Ash.

thetamale

I felt a little cheated it wasn't Team Flare related and the "it looks like a secret base" line was just there to wind us up. Also it should have been Clemont who read the title line.

But evolution episodes are always a treat.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I felt a little cheated it wasn't Team Flare related and the "it looks like a secret base" line was just there to wind us up. Also it should have been Clemont who read the title line.

But evolution episodes are always a treat.

That's something I can't stand personally.

Pokémon Black/White is my favorite generation of the Pokémon anime overall, but my issue with it is the fact that Team Plasma didn't appear until after the League. And when that finally happened they were just common generic criminal that really felt like rehash of Team Rocket with less interesting about them.

They should have been like in the games, trying to take away the trainer's Pokémon because they care about them. But nope that didn't happen.

And I have a feeling Team Flare will be butchered as much here if not more, and that's beyond depressing.

Last edited:

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Another competent Team Rocket plan? Well, almost.

The main episode was about Pokémon control but I did enjoy it as it's showing Ash's bond with Pikachu but also how Ash's philosophy has rubbed off on Clement and I really enjoyed the scene with him and Luxio/Luxray. Speaking of Luxray, I found the evolution very unexpected, not only because we had one last episode but also it seemed very out of the blue as the episode wasn't focused on Luxio much.

The most important part of the episode was the end. I wasn't expecting Clement to leave but it opens many possibilities with the gang minus Clement so I look forward to the next few episodes as they lead up to Lumiose City. Hopefully this will make for an excellent gym battle.

Good episode, onto the next one!

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Not a bad episode, just another Team Rocket plot, but delivered well.

Luxray evolving was cool, but the lack of build up to it prior to the episode was a lackluster.

It still blows me away how Ash and Clemont can still be alive after so much voltage runs through their bodies.

Clemont leaving the group at the end was rather eye opening. I like this XY group a lot. You can actually feel for these characters. This makes me excited for Ash VS Clemont in the coming month.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
It still blows me away how Ash and Clemont can still be alive after so much voltage runs through their bodies.

Then you clearly haven't seen many animated shows.

It's common in animation to survive through the most ridiculous situations. It happens in the Looney Tunes, Dexter's Laboratory, the Donald Duck shorts, and much more.