• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future Is Now, Thanks to Determination! (865)

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW Bonnie's face when Clemont had to go was the most adorable thing ever. Didn't expect him to leave either and when he said that he was going to leave I was sure that the rest would ride the chopper with him. Was a nice episode for some character development and overall a good episode

7/10

Pikachu52

I like Clemont but his character's becoming quite unbelieveable. He's Ash's age or younger and he's a gym leader (every other gym leader companion Ash has travelled with has been older than him except Misty who doesn't really count because at the time her sisters were the leaders and not her). He's a GYM LEADER yet we rarely if ever see him battle. He's a gym leader and yet he only travels with three Pokémon two of which are unevolved and are rarely seen battling seriously. He's a GYM LEADER but he's worried about not being good enough to face Ash (maybe if you actually stayed in your gym and trained with your Pokémon). Ash and Clemont could battle for that badge anytime they wanted to but for some reason it's necessary for them to have it at the Lumiose gym itself. He carries heavy high tech equipment in his bag but is shown to be slow and weak (maybe he's slow because of everything in his bag). His inventions never work yet he was trusted to help program a power station. Plus how exactly is electricity tranfered as radio waves.

That being said the episode is unbelieveable too. You'd think a powerplant would have decent security - yet it only has three workers whom Jessie and James managed to tie up easily. And why wasn't there any sign of law enforcement agencies. You'd think if Team Rocket messing with major infastructure in Kalos would warrent investigation from officer Jenny at the least - but it's left to Ash to deal with. To be fair something similar happens in the games. Team Flare take over the powerplant and it comes down to the player to stop them. But at least there were more than three Team Flare Grunts part of that operation.

The ending didn't make sense either. I don't see why Ash, Serena and Bonnie couldn't travel to Lumiose city by air with Clemont. If Clemont needs extra time to prepare for a battle against Ash then he's not really a Gym Leader. He's supposed to be ready for ANY challenge from a trainer at any time. And in any case what is the point of them having a battle anyway. If he needs extra time to prepare for that then why was he even made a gym leader. At this point it's already blindingly obvious Ash is better than Clemont. He proved that in the first episode of the series. And what exactly was Clemont's reason for not taking Bonnie with him - It's a helicopter. It can carry more than three people.

Other than that it's a good episode. Nice to see Ash trying to break Pikachu out of mind control again. And Clemont and Luxray were cute together too. I'll give it 7/10. But Clemont's story as a gym leader has not been constructed well.

Last edited:

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Eh, this episode would've been more heartfelt and memorable if Clemont kept getting the treatment he got in the start of XY, but it was really nice to see Serena concerned about Clemont at the same level he gets concerned about her. :x

Alloutℯ

Banned
Glad that Clemont went back to train away from Ash, they needed to find a way to give the two space to train and prepare without giving strategy away. In an ideal world Ash would spend the time working on new moves for his Pokemon so he wasn't entirely predictable for Clemont.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Glad that Clemont went back to train away from Ash, they needed to find a way to give the two space to train and prepare without giving strategy away.

I don't get this logic, though. I mean, Ash and Clemont could've trained away from each other even if they were still in the same group.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked the Lumiose city flashbacks here and I was kind of sad when Clemont left the cast and went to the Lumiose gym on his own. The Kalos power plant was interesting, but I wish we had seen Team Flare here like in the games. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The Kalos power plant was interesting, but I wish we had seen Team Flare here like in the games. ^^;

They obviously didn't appear here because the writers were planning on giving them the XY&Z arc to themselves, which worked out for the best IMO. I was okay with us only getting TR as villains here.

Leonhart

Imagineer
So we managed to witness one of the rare moments in Kalos where Citron gained some personal development, although him returning to Miare City at the end of this episode seemed unnecessary to me.

The only thing about this episode that bugged me was how understaffed that power plant was. Three people for an entire complex seems underwhelming. However, the episode itself was interesting. Team Rocket had a decent plan going, and taking control of the power plant to threaten to shut down the power in Lumiose is like a game-worthy plot.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
The only thing about this episode that bugged me was how understaffed that power plant was. Three people for an entire complex seems underwhelming.

I guess they never expected three villains like the Rocket-dan to show up and cause a ruckus, so they never took security measures seriously.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"The Most charismatic XY main character deserves this focus"

Episode: 9/10