• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of Goh's goal

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
How do you think Goh's further challenges will continue? Will he capture every legendary ? Will he leave after Journeys?
Will he even capture New?

Last edited:

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
He can't.

It's literally impossible.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
At some point I believe he will part from Ash making a promise he will catch Mew.

To this day I don't know why exactly he is trying to catch every mon. How will that lead to Mew? Is Mew a sort of trophy you get for catching every mon?

Or maybe it is because Mew carries the DNA of all the Pokemon which wouldn't make any sense either. He will learn a lot about Pokemon, that's for sure, but I don't see how it will help him catch Mew.

Back in Gen 1 Mew was the last mon in the dex. It was needed to complete the dex. Maybe that's what they are aiming for no matter how stupid that is.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I can see JN series ending like this: Prof. Cerise tells Ash and Goh about a certain region (name won't be mentioned as it would be placed in a series' region where Goh will return) in which there are frequent reports of Mew sightings... Goh wants to go there but Ash can't because he learned of another tournament for the "best trainers" from a certain region (Gen. 9 region)... So Goh will leave the series from that point...

I think Goh will capture legendaries... He seems to be capturing Suicune in the upcoming episode... But he won't capture Mew in this series...

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I think Goh will catch Mew by the end of the Journeys adventure. Imagine that he is to be Ash's last rival, who has mythical and legendary pokemons, and that Ash is to defeat him.

AJ97

To this day I don't know why exactly he is trying to catch every mon. How will that lead to Mew? Is Mew a sort of trophy you get for catching every mon?

Or maybe it is because Mew carries the DNA of all the Pokemon which wouldn't make any sense either. He will learn a lot about Pokemon, that's for sure, but I don't see how it will help him catch Mew.

Back in Gen 1 Mew was the last mon in the dex. It was needed to complete the dex. Maybe that's what they are aiming for no matter how stupid that is.

To be fair, this is no different than Ash saying he wants to be a "Pokemon Master". There is technically no tournament or competition which you can win and be a Pokemon Master. Let us assume maybe it means Ash wants to be the strongest battler/ Pokemon Trainer. So what he does to accomplish this is simply take part in every single competition pertaining to Battling. The regional Leagues, Alola trials, Orange Island Challenge, Battle Frontier now the PWC etc. None of these tournaments end with you getting the title of "Pokemon Master" but Ash still seems to be doing it.

Technically, isn't Goh doing the exact same thing? He wants to capture this crazy rare and powerful pokemon called Mew. So now he simply goes around catching everything in sight.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I still think the end of Journeys will have both Ash and Goh leaving Cerize to journey somewhere else (gen 9) region. Really, I can see Goh sticking around as his goal is expansive enough to last another region as well as being the perfect excuse for showing off older gen pokémon.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Maybe the decision may change when the 9th generation is announced in November 2022 and leaving with Ash.

At the end of the series, Ash will likely enter the Top 30 or even the Top 10 at the World Coronation Series.

My guess is Goh might decide to be like Ash at the end of the series

AJ97

Maybe the decision may change when the 9th generation is announced in November 2022 and leaving with Ash.

At the end of the series, Ash will likely enter the Top 30 or even the Top 10 at the World Coronation Series.

My guess is Goh might decide to be like Ash at the end of the series

Ash entering the top 30 or top 10 doesn't really make sense. I mean, Leon said that the next battle he has with Ash will be an official one and the only way Ash is ever going to battle Leon is if he enter the master class. Even if Ash loses against Leon which very likely might be the case, he would at the point at least have to be one among the top 8 trainers in the world which would put Ash at Regional Champion tier and possibly even above that if he ends up fighting Leon in the Finals as the second strongest trainer in the world and loses.

But if they did do this and then have Ash lose against the first or second gym leader of Gen 9, it would simply be absurd and make no sense unless for some reason they establish Gen 9 is a special region with Champion tier trainers.
At this point, I personally feel the best thing to do would be to possibly, time skip Ash and have him as a secondary character, Pokemon Master (Leon type trainer) who the new protagonist aspires to beat. Goh could perhaps take up Hop's role like in the games after coming close to catching mew and maybe realising there's more to Pokemon than simply chucking pokeballs at em.

To be fair, this is no different than Ash saying he wants to be a "Pokemon Master". There is technically no tournament or competition which you can win and be a Pokemon Master. Let us assume maybe it means Ash wants to be the strongest battler/ Pokemon Trainer. So what he does to accomplish this is simply take part in every single competition pertaining to Battling. The regional Leagues, Alola trials, Orange Island Challenge, Battle Frontier now the PWC etc. None of these tournaments end with you getting the title of "Pokemon Master" but Ash still seems to be doing it.

Technically, isn't Goh doing the exact same thing? He wants to capture this crazy rare and powerful pokemon called Mew. So now he simply goes around catching everything in sight.
No. Ash can become stronger by battling more trainers but catching every Pokemon won't have an effect on Mew's capture. Getting a Tails on a coin flip doesn't increase your chance of getting a Heads on the next turn. Ash's goal is cumulative, vague but not stupid.

IMO he should collect data on Mew's previous sightings and visit such places instead of trying to capture more mons.

ShadowForce720

No. Ash can become stronger by battling more trainers but catching every Pokemon won't have an effect on Mew's capture. Getting a Tails on a coin flip doesn't increase your chance of getting a Heads on the next turn. Ash's goal is cumulative, vague but not stupid.

IMO he should collect data on Mew's previous sightings and visit such places instead of trying to capture more mons.

I think it’s important to understand that Goh’s goal isn’t just to catch all the Pokémon because of Mew, but it’s to catch all the Pokémon + Mew.

which is cumulative, sure originally it was about Mew and of course Goh still has a interest in Mew, but even if he caught Mew that wouldn’t mean he would just stop trying to catch all the Pokémon.

AJ97

1. Trying to Catch all kinds of Pokemon would require you to explore almost every nook and corner of the world to discover that species of Pokemon which in the process, increases the possibility of finding mew.

2. Mew is a Powerful Pokemon and catching lots of different species of pokemon will give you more experience and a nice team variety to use to battle and capture mew.

3. Goh views Mew as the ultimate goal and he wants to essentially earn the right of capturing mew in a way. It's like saying, when I catch every single Pokemon, I am ready and have the right to catch the ultimate Pokemon Mew.

As for your argument, Goh's goal is just as cumulative. You are more likely to capture a Pokemon the more experience you have capturing Pokemon. Recall how Ash struggled a single Pokemon when he first started? However, now, he hardly struggles while trying to catch any Pokemon he wants.

Plus, since you used the coin toss analogy, mew is capable of transforming and it might quite possibly be transformed into a random species of pokemon. So capturing every Pokemon does statistically increase the odds of capturing mew. Maybe not by much, but it still does.

I think it’s important to understand that Goh’s goal isn’t just to catch all the Pokémon because of Mew, but it’s to catch all the Pokémon + Mew.

which is cumulative, sure originally it was about Mew and of course Goh still has a interest in Mew, but even if he caught Mew that wouldn’t mean he would just stop trying to catch all the Pokémon.
Mew is also a Pokemon. If he ends up capturing each and every Pokemon that would mean he also captured Mew.
1. Trying to Catch all kinds of Pokemon would require you to explore almost every nook and corner of the world to discover that species of Pokemon which in the process, increases the possibility of finding mew.

2. Mew is a Powerful Pokemon and catching lots of different species of pokemon will give you more experience and a nice team variety to use to battle and capture mew.

3. Goh views Mew as the ultimate goal and he wants to essentially earn the right of capturing mew in a way. It's like saying, when I catch every single Pokemon, I am ready and have the right to catch the ultimate Pokemon Mew.

As for your argument, Goh's goal is just as cumulative. You are more likely to capture a Pokemon the more experience you have capturing Pokemon. Recall how Ash struggled a single Pokemon when he first started? However, now, he hardly struggles while trying to catch any Pokemon he wants.

Plus, since you used the coin toss analogy, mew is capable of transforming and it might quite possibly be transformed into a random species of pokemon. So capturing every Pokemon does statistically increase the odds of capturing mew. Maybe not by much, but it still does.
I sort of agree, more or less, with your post but I can't take the bold part seriously. If there are a billion Pokemon(understatement) in the Pokemon world then that would mean about a 900 in a billion chance of that happening.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Essentially, he's the Pokemon Go rep of this series. I doubt much will change, especially given the number of pokemon that exist.