• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Okay, I get that this forum saying the Pokemon franchise is trying to retire Ash Ketchum, why would They Retire Ash Ketchum?
that makes no sense at all. Maybe a small mentor role couldn't hurt during the Gen 9 Anime but I wonder what Ash himself would say about it if he discovered this thread, He would legit be upset about it.
we haven't reached the Gen 9 Anime yet but I think Ash will lose again in PWC if He managed to win against Leon but a Very Hypothetical Gen 9 Champion shows up with their Gen 9 Pokemon to knock Ash off into 1000th Rank again and I Think PWC will be a one-series-only thing after that series ended.
and I think Ash's new Rival from Gen 9 Region could beat Ash at Alola Region and He/She becomes an Alolan Champion.

What do you think how would a Gen 9 Anime play out in that new Region? I don't think that Ash will be rebooted again but what will Pokemon allow Ash Ketchum to have a new Travel Compansion after Goh and Chloe were retired.

What do you think will happen to Goh and Chloe after this series?

That's a slightly odd thing to say lol. Wouldn't it be even weirder for Ash, if he suddenly and inexplicably, became a real person to find out he was a fictional character to begin with? And the star of some cartoon in another world?

I can definitely see Ash in a Brock or Tracy role next generation. I don't think he's going to be gone right away, he will probably at least stick around as a mentor or possibly a rival or somebody similar I guess?

ZarudeSandstorm

I have seen some people saying PM will last for Four-Year Series. I think those people are very naïve considering how the Current Series has already been paced with Ash's PWC, I personally don't see it lasting for more than Three Years.
problem is arceus game is coming in 2022 albeit early. if we don't see gen 9 in 2022 but in 2023 then journeys will last 4 years, i don't think people are naive becuase they're looking at things differently than u...
pace of pwc doesnt matter imo because they could easily put ash as 99 rank for months and months...

Ultra Beast Lover

If we look at the games I'm pretty sure there's no tendency to release a spin-off the same year as a new generation. Pacing doesn't mean anything, they can have one or two arcs before the big match and have a few more after the fact.

ShadowForce720

If we look at the games I'm pretty sure there's no tendency to release a spin-off the same year as a new generation. Pacing doesn't mean anything, they can have one or two arcs before the big match and have a few more after the fact.
Just pointing this out but Pokémon Legends Arceus is not a spin-off game. In fact both Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shinning Pearl along with Pokémon Legends Arceus are all main series Pokémon games.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Legends coming in January skyrockets the Chance of Gen 9 coming in November 2022. There is no way we are going literal Two-Full Years with no Main Pokemon Game and considering the pacing of the Current Series, I think this is right.

Red and Blue

Legends coming in January skyrockets the Chance of Gen 9 coming in November 2022. There is no way we are going literal Two-Full Years with no Main Pokemon Game and considering the pacing of the Current Series, I think this is right.
Legends is a main title though. It should be enough to hold people for 2022. Then if Gen 9 is announced early in 2023 they can spend the entire year promoting the new Gen until release

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
if this is true, then rip any money i have

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Legends is a main title though. It should be enough to hold people for 2022. Then if Gen 9 is announced early in 2023 they can spend the entire year promoting the new Gen until release
I know Legends is a Main Title but releasing a Game in January 2022 and the Next Main Game being in November 2023, is still almost 2 Full Years. That's not going to happen, Legends really just looks like an experiment with very little to actually do and BDSP is just a "faithful" remake. I just don't see them waiting that long for another main series release considering what they have been doing. Like what exactly are they going to show for Pokemon Day, next year?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I know Legends is a Main Title but releasing a Game in January 2022 and the Next Main Game being in November 2023, is still almost 2 Full Years. That's not going to happen, Legends really just looks like an experiment with very little to actually do and BDSP is just a "faithful" remake. I just don't see them waiting that long for another main series release considering what they have been doing. Like what exactly are they going to show for Pokemon Day, next year?
Well, nothing. Pokemon Day reveals are typically restricted to new gens, and the only reason why BDSP and LA were revealed on Pokemon Day was because of the 25th anniversary.

Red and Blue

They can announce something else on Pokemon Day unrelated to the next main title. It's happened before in the past. And it's not even really two years without a game since we are in fact getting a game in 2022

ShadowForce720

They can announce something else on Pokemon Day unrelated to the next main title. It's happened before in the past. And it's not even really two years without a game since we are in fact getting a game in 2022
I mean heck if we look back at what years had a main series games revealed on or around Pokémon Day starting with X&Y, then it breaks down like this:

Years that had a main series game reveal the on or around Pokémon Day:

2016: Pokémon Sun and Moon(gen 7) (20th anniversary of Pokémon)
2019: Pokémon Sword and Shield(Gen 8)
2021: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shinning Pearl, and Pokémon Legends Arceus(Pokémon 25th anniversary/ Pokémon Diamond & Pearl 15th anniversary)

Years that didn’t have a Pokémon main series game reveal on or around Pokémon Day:

2013: X&Y(gen 6) were revealed in January
2014: Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire were revealed in May
2015: Break year no new main series game came out
2017: Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon were revealed in June
2018: Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu & Let’s Go Eevee we’re revealed in May
2020: Pokémon DLC were revealed in January.

desdar300

The real kicker is Gen 9 might not even end Journeys. If the writers want to keep the world tour they'll just add the new region and Pokemon to the lineup
I think it really depends given how the current generation has already suffered Under This World Tour umbrella and if they're willing to bring everybody back for yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.