• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

It is hard to say. Even if he doesn't become World Monarch, he will be in the top 8 of the world best trainers. If he gets access to Mega Evolution and Gigantamax, he will be OP and this time I dont see a reboot working after this.

Besides: TTG airs for almost TEN years. I hate it with my heart for various reasons.

Gurk

Ash won't go away, but I can see a slow shift coming in his role in the anime.

I think SM and Journeys have shown that Ash doesn't necessarily need to be hogging all the screentime and that other characters can be given the spotlight more frequently without the anime suffering, though I will admit this is from my own experience. I can see Ash's position in the anime essentially going from being THE main character, to sharing the main character position to eventually being a companion for the new main characters, playing a more supportive role.

If Ash becomes the world champion, I can see this accelerating the role shift. Ash won't be dropped if he wins the championship, because he made it very clear in the beginning of Journeys that being a Pokemon Master is a lot more than being a champion, and this extremely vague undefined goal of being the Pokemon Master is a way to keep him on the show no matter how strong or acclaimed he becomes as a trainer. I think him winning the world championship could also lead to a potential first official time skip in the anime, like a year or two, five max. Since he has achieved the goal many have waited for Ash to achieve, is there any reason to keep him as a 10yo anymore? I'm sure media would go pretty wild with Ash finally growing up even if by a year.

If Ash loses the championship, it'll feel pretty weird seeing him go back to another gym badge quest. I assume the next generation anime would probably spice things up with Ash being more known and a minor celebrity, which would be fun to see him figure out how to deal with. But honestly this championship feels like a good way to retire him from doing the same old badge questing, and letting him tackle on his Pokemon Master quest in a new way. But with Ash being such a battle maniac, I'm not sure how that'd pan out. It'd be pretty out of character for him to not want to battle everyone and everything that moves, and not take on any challenge he comes across.

D

Deleted member 384931

Ash won't go away, but I can see a slow shift coming in his role in the anime.

I think SM and Journeys have shown that Ash doesn't necessarily need to be hogging all the screentime and that other characters can be given the spotlight more frequently without the anime suffering, though I will admit this is from my own experience. I can see Ash's position in the anime essentially going from being THE main character, to sharing the main character position to eventually being a companion for the new main characters, playing a more supportive role.

If Ash becomes the world champion, I can see this accelerating the role shift. Ash won't be dropped if he wins the championship, because he made it very clear in the beginning of Journeys that being a Pokemon Master is a lot more than being a champion, and this extremely vague undefined goal of being the Pokemon Master is a way to keep him on the show no matter how strong or acclaimed he becomes as a trainer. I think him winning the world championship could also lead to a potential first official time skip in the anime, like a year or two, five max. Since he has achieved the goal many have waited for Ash to achieve, is there any reason to keep him as a 10yo anymore? I'm sure media would go pretty wild with Ash finally growing up even if by a year.

If Ash loses the championship, it'll feel pretty weird seeing him go back to another gym badge quest. I assume the next generation anime would probably spice things up with Ash being more known and a minor celebrity, which would be fun to see him figure out how to deal with. But honestly this championship feels like a good way to retire him from doing the same old badge questing, and letting him tackle on his Pokemon Master quest in a new way. But with Ash being such a battle maniac, I'm not sure how that'd pan out. It'd be pretty out of character for him to not want to battle everyone and everything that moves, and not take on any challenge he comes across.
Maybe part of growing up?

wellwellwells

My guess is that at the end of this series something will happen (Celebi?) that will send Ash and Pikachu back in time and he will have to go through whatever you need to go through in LoA, probably with Oshawott (Cyndaquil is already a Quilava and the everstone thing hinders Rowlett chances). He will have a new LoA based companion (maybe a Dawn ancestor), and it will be business as usual.

I don’t see Gen 9 coming until Q4 2023 considering they are advertising LoA as a main series title.

DuskAstral

My guess is that at the end of this series something will happen (Celebi?) that will send Ash and Pikachu back in time and he will have to go through whatever you need to go through in LoA,
While it's a cool idea, I don't think it will actually happen. Especially since Celebi has absolutely no reason to do so.

But it could very well be Dialga, he is literally a deity of time from the same region.
Okay, I get that Pokemon Legends Arecus is part of Main series but how will the Anime writers handle it is up to them not Serebii forums aka us.

Goh and Chloe should've have parted away with Ash Ketchum before He is going into Fedual Sinnoh. Who is going to be his new Traveling partner in Pokemon Legends: Arecus is going to be Dawn's Ancestor.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Goh will go be a hunter somewhere else and Koharu will remain Eevee’s babysitter.

Idk what will be with ash

I know that will not happen but What if Pokemon Gen 9 Anime art style is based on this:

maxresdefault.jpg

And you could have Greece Region to reflect that art style or rather, Traveling through new region.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
If Ash wins against Leon and becomes the strongest trainer in the world then gen 9 anime might also be about other trainers trying to challenge Ash and overturn him. Also Ash dealing with villainous teams threats and him learning more and more about Pokemon. One thing I know for sure, Goh isn't staying and neither is Ash going back to gym quest since he became the champion of Alola and already defeated the champion of the Unova region.

Last edited:
Do we get a Reference to Pokémon Legends: Arecus and Pokémon brilliant diamond and shining pearl but if they don't look successful as a Video game, then what will happen to Pokemon Gen 9 and possibly Pokemon Gen 9 Anime?

Nah throw the PWC away. I’m not a huge fan of retcons but if they manage to allow Ash/Goh to challenge Gym’s or whatever lure generation 9 has and never mention PWC I’m good.
I Agree. Maybe that will retcon Goh as some random trainer who just come from Kanto but what about Chloe/Koharu? She will not exist, you could argue that May isn't there in Journeys either.

Edit: But before this series ends, Will Ash Catch a Hatterene before it ends?

Last edited:
Watch Gou randomly catching that Alcremie that has been hinted for a long time in JN073. Wouldnt be surprised
With Gen 9 approaching soon, we'll let Goh catch it before his job is done by finding the mew but then Mew already has a trainer so, Let's ditch Goh and Chloe and replace them with a female trainer as main protagonist for Ash's Gen 9 Companions thus replacing Goh while a boy trainer could work as Chloe's Supporting character replacement.

wait that sounds too fanfiction-y.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I honestly would not mind if we pulled a Super Sentai and introduced the next series’s traveling companion in the old series as some kind of preview.

I honestly would not mind if we pulled a Super Sentai and introduced the next series’s traveling companion in the old series as some kind of preview.
1+ Yep.
That don't mean Ash will be back to Old Badge quest again but instead, Ash could be a supporting character while whoever the Main character is going to be main protagonist of Gen 9 anime.
Now, PM2019 has new 79 episodes left, why don't they showcase Gen 9 Pokemon by Someone from faraway region that is probably based on Sweden?

Status
Not open for further replies.