• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I honestly would not mind if we pulled a Super Sentai and introduced the next series’s traveling companion in the old series as some kind of preview.
I think you are refering to those hands-off they do in that CM after the current series' final episode and the preview of the new one.

Kamen Rider is the one who did the early bird cameo with the new lead rider showing up in the final episode in-story if I recall correctly. I think PreCure's done too but I've been out of loop in regards to it.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I would prefer a standalone series without anything from the Ashverse to have happened. And no crappy cameos like it was made in that Digimon series with having all main protagonists appear. No Ash, no Brock, no Misty and even though these are my favs no Dawn, Paul, Gary etc. Only exceptions are plot mandatory cameos but for god sake don't handle them like in Journeys.

And this time hire some decent writer who put soul into the series and maybe split it into three seperate seasons with one season having the usual 26 episodes/2 cour every year.

I would prefer a standalone series without anything from the Ashverse to have happened. And no crappy cameos like it was made in that Digimon series with having all main protagonists appear. No Ash, no Brock, no Misty and even though these are my favs no Dawn, Paul, Gary etc. Only exceptions are plot mandatory cameos but for god sake don't handle them like in Journeys.

And this time hire some decent writer who put soul into the series and maybe split it into three seperate seasons with one season having the usual 26 episodes/2 cour every year.
I'd be ok with a Ash-less Anime but do we really need Ash to do Gen 9 Anime alone?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I'd be ok with a Ash-less Anime but do we really need Ash to do Gen 9 Anime alone?
Not like he's ever getting replaced. Sounds interesting but boring at the same time since its just Ash.

Not like he's ever getting replaced. Sounds interesting but boring at the same time since its just Ash.
Yep, Ash will stay for few generations but he could be a supporting character rather than a main character, what about the Main Character and Team Rocket Trio? do Team Rocket have a reason to overstay their welcome other than stealing Pikachu all time?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Yep, Ash will stay for few generations but he could be a supporting character rather than a main character, what about the Main Character and Team Rocket Trio? do Team Rocket have a reason to overstay their welcome other than stealing Pikachu all time?
Well no. They're practically still there whenever a villain is needed for something and supposedly due to their VAs being attached to the characters (unconfirmed).

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I think you are refering to those hands-off they do in that CM after the current series' final episode and the preview of the new one.

Kamen Rider is the one who did the early bird cameo with the new lead rider showing up in the final episode in-story if I recall correctly. I think PreCure's done too but I've been out of loop in regards to it.
I was actually referring to how we would get previews of the new teams in the crossover films. Go-Onger vs. Gekiranger featured Shinken Red, Shinkenger vs. Go-Onger saw all five of the Goseigers, Goseiger vs. Shinkenger saw the Gokaigers, Go-Busters vs. Gokaiger saw the Kyoryugers and that's about as far as I watched when it came to Sentai crossver films.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ah, fair, I forgot those to be honest (and I've rewatched some of those just last year)

Goseiger one was quite good and it's hilarious how they managed to fit the Gokaiger one in the series.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Ash became a side character. This anime is really bad so far.

But I think if Ash leaves, Goh is the main character, wouldn't the value of the anime decrease?

Goh is just a pokeball shooter. Pokemon catcher. The target is to catch pokemon.

I don't think Goh is going to be the main character.

So, does it make sense to make a new anime without finishing Ash's story?

A new 10-year-old girl/boy goes to a new professor to get his first pokemon.

Does it make sense to go back to 1997 in 2021? The story will be the same.

And we don't know what pokemon master means.

And the very important point is that Ash defeated Iris, who won the pokemon league. Maybe this message. Becoming a Pokemon master is an eternal goal. There is no clear recipe.

I don't like Ash being made a side character. But in the new series, I think Ash will be and Ash will win a big league by returning to the old system.

I think the writers will win Ash a big league. Alola was not in full league status.

Ash will be champion in a big league and after 3-4 years we will learn what it means to win the league.

Ash became a side character. This anime is really bad so far.

But I think if Ash leaves, Goh is the main character, wouldn't the value of the anime decrease?

Goh is just a pokeball shooter. Pokemon catcher. The target is to catch pokemon.

I don't think Goh is going to be the main character.

So, does it make sense to make a new anime without finishing Ash's story?

A new 10-year-old girl/boy goes to a new professor to get his first pokemon.

Does it make sense to go back to 1997 in 2021? The story will be the same.

And we don't know what pokemon master means.

And the very important point is that Ash defeated Iris, who won the pokemon league. Maybe this message. Becoming a Pokemon master is an eternal goal. There is no clear recipe.

I don't like Ash being made a side character. But in the new series, I think Ash will be and Ash will win a big league by returning to the old system.

I think the writers will win Ash a big league. Alola was not in full league status.

Ash will be champion in a big league and after 3-4 years we will learn what it means to win the league.
I Agree with you the fact that Ash would not work as a side character but Goh is more of a Pokémon hunter than a Pokémon trainer.

Although whoever is the new boy/girl character is gonna play role in a hypothetical Gen 9 anime as main character alongside Ash & His Pikachu but hey, Ash travels to the Gen 9 Region that is probably California because Hollywood was Meowth's childhood place.

the first four Regions were based on Japan: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and boom, New York-based Region called Unova after Sinnoh but then France-based region called Kalos come along, Later Alola was Hawaii-based Region called Alola but then United Kingdom region called Galar and the Gen 9 that will be probably based in California region would be yet another America-based region.

I never had a Japan-based region since Sinnoh but hey, what if made-up places are based in Japan this time but it is called Gensokyo Region and how would that be an option for the hypothetical Gen 9 Anime?

DuskAstral

I Thought we agreed that Goh is unpopular with Everyone else in Serebii forums?
The fact that most of you didn't like him doesn't matter. Everything is up to the developers anyway, and if they want to keep this character, they'll just do it (anyway, I think Japanese fans, not English fans, have more influence on the developers' decision).

The fact that most of you didn't like him doesn't matter. Everything is up to the developers anyway, and if they want to keep this character, they'll just do it (anyway, I think Japanese fans, not English fans, have more influence on the developers' decision).
Okay, okay. how do English Fans fluent in Japanese talk to Japanese Fans about Goh?

Ultra Beast Lover

Well, look on the bright side. With each saga the staff tries to fix some of the complaints from the last saga, granted there's always new issues but eh that's life. One of the main complaints with this saga is that Go kinda tends to steal the spotlight and that people don't find him catching a bunch of Pokemon so easily all that much fun so, on the off change Go stays, maybe the writers will fix it. Either that or we'll have to deal with him for the next few sagas.

Status
Not open for further replies.