• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morax

King of heroes
Bro, this this pokemon, the franchise that makes its character's eyes so separated that they all look like herbivores. Seriously, look at the image you have in your signature, she probably has a blind spot in front of her nose. If anything, the new series is the best one in regards of face proportions, by far.
And yet she looks prettier than anybody from JN/SM….
images

It all depends on the character designs. proportions don’t help you when your design sucks

images

I'd use that if Ash got replaced.
...but that's never going to happen.

I doubt Goh or Koharu stay though as the status quo will most likely strike again.
And what's stopping new character from showing up?

I think it's the time we let Pokémon Anime staff come up with their new character so it can let Poliwhirl have a spotlight similar to Pokémon Manga.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Animators absolutely love the Sun & Moon character designs from Nakano and Yasuda. The positive reception from the industry when Sun & Moon started airing was really huge.
Tbh while I don't hate the artstyle or most designs, Ash's SM redesign specifically just didn't really feel like him (his current design fits better, even if I still have a few issues, though I'm fine with most of the other SM/JN redesigns, like SM Misty or JN Gary)

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
This might be an unpopular opinion but I actually really like SM Ash's early design that lasted until around episode 20 before they flattened his face. It's my 3rd favourite Ash design behind XY and Johto Ash.

Besides, what can Pokémon Staff do after PM2019 is declared "Over" officially (not really if PM2019 will continue well into Gen 9). Just adapt the Pokémon Adventures manga character into the Animeverse, is that too much for them to ask for a Gen 9 anime?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Tbh while I don't hate the artstyle or most designs, Ash's SM redesign specifically just didn't really feel like him (his current design fits better, even if I still have a few issues, though I'm fine with most of the other SM/JN redesigns, like SM Misty or JN Gary)
Agree with you. SM's artstyle bar Ash, Jessie and James is fantastic and suits really well for every character. Even Brock misty looked great I'd say.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Agree with you. SM's artstyle bar Ash, Jessie and James is fantastic and suits really well for every character. Even Brock misty looked great I'd say.
I disagree on Brock, he looked somewhat off-putting to me in the SM artstyle. His recent flashback cameo with JN artstyle looked far better and more familiar to the Brock we last saw at the end of DP.

So guys, I have a serious question is why does chloe and goh exist in gen 8's PM2019? why not Marnie and Allister accompany with Ash Ketchum?

The gen 9 travel companion would be no one I guess except for their Pokémon. also team rocket that is if they survived well into Gen 9.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Original characters are probably easier to write since writting can mold them into whatever the staff needs while game characters - even if adaptions where they are given some leeway - still have some sort of dependence on what the games stabilish or make for them.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Original characters are probably easier to write since writting can mold them into whatever the staff needs while game characters - even if adaptions where they are given some leeway - still have some sort of dependence on what the games stabilish or make for them.
The problem is that it's a double-edged sword, since you can end up making characters develop too quickly, being good at everything, with barely much consistency (Goh); or end up being an overly slow burn and restrictive when it comes to content (Chloe).

So Pokémon in general needs to evolve forward not evolve backwards. I know a Solo Protagonist in Pokémon Anime would be bad idea but is that too much for them to write a good solo protagonist? If Red can travel alone in Pokémon Generations, why not Ash ketchum?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I disagree on Brock, he looked somewhat off-putting to me in the SM artstyle. His recent flashback cameo with JN artstyle looked far better and more familiar to the Brock we last saw at the end of DP.
Brock looked different for sure, but he looked good still to me, esp after you got used to it. Honestly its the same with Jessie and James, only Ash looks off putting throughout the entire series but even then besides Ash I really love Alola's artstyle, its vibrant, colorful and soulful and SM's animation is definitely the best in the series so far, really disappointed JN hasnt carried the torch forward when every other series did imo, esp since its a battle driven series

Status
Not open for further replies.