• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Better yet, all characters will immediately become pineapples and watermelons. Why should Pikachu be removed with Ash in your opinion?
It's his Pikachu, so we can't possible get rid of one of them. So they both take a hike and are replaced with a new protagonist with a different Pikachu, which in this day and age is hard to do because the newer regions don't really give Pikachu as much attention as in Kanto.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
It's his Pikachu, so we can't possible get rid of one of them. So they both take a hike and are replaced with a new protagonist with a different Pikachu, which in this day and age is hard to do because the newer regions don't really give Pikachu as much attention as in Kanto.

Hmm indeed, I thought about it once.
I even thought about a new concept that stands out from the anime about Ash, for example, the main character is supposed to be a girl because it more suits with Pikachu.

Morax

King of heroes
Jojo did fine though.
Girls throw themselves at Araki.
Shoko simps for this man too.
IMO what makes JoJo work is not the joestar family but their archenemies. Jonathan/jotaro and Dio, joseph and kars, josuke and kira, giorno and diavolo, jolyne and pucci, johnny and valentine, josuk8 and tooru ; the way they complement each other is what makes JOJO so compelling to watch. A big part of why that won't work with pokemon is because they suck at creating villains.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Why did this thread turn into the replacement of Ash thread anyway?

Because this topic is brought back at least once every year. Gotta keep tradition.

D

Deleted member 384931

If I am really honest they are 3 things they can do with Satoshi :
1)they write Satoshi off/more recurring character
2)give him a new challenge like PWC
3)going back to the gym quest

For Gou :
1)they write him off
2)they let him continue

For Gou there isnt really a reason to leave right now

ChampioN One

The chosen One!

For Gou :
1)they write him off
2)they let him continue

For Gou there isnt really a reason to leave right now
I think for Ash (2) and for Goh (1) seems more likely.

DuskAstral

For Gou :
1)they write him off
2)they let him continue
I think for Satoshi it will be 1 because there are already fewer episodes focused on him.

In the case of Gou, my bet is 2. Why would the developers get rid of him when his goal is in line with the games slogan: "Catch them all"?

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
I think for Satoshi it will be 1 because there are already fewer episodes focused on him.

In the case of Gou, my bet is 2. Why would the developers get rid of him when his goal is in line with the games slogan: "Catch them all"?
Which game? Pokemon go or core games

desdar300

Because he's never going to unless they keep him around forever.
What the count of new Pokemon basically hitting 80 every generation now and the rate that they allow go to capture stuff, he's going to capture almost half of the entire Dex

DuskAstral

I think everything in the series (ie Gou as companion, PWC, working for Sakuragi etc) can stay. My arguments for this are:
- the series in Japan is simply called "Pocket Monsters"

- Thanks to Sakuragi, the boys can travel around the world without any problems, they have tickets for various events, etc.)

- I don't think there is a tournament as powerful as PWC

- Gou was named not only the second protagonist, but also promotes "Pokemon Go", which is not losing popularity.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
PoGo is still going strong and unless my math is off - it probably is - we'll most likely have the Galar starters on that game by the end of next year. By then, we'll probably be entering gen 9 unless GF pulls a new one and have it start this year.

Having the Galar starters in PoGo is the perfect excuse to keep having Goh send out his Cinderace.

I used to think Chloe would be changed after we shift gens but she having Eevee - which is kind of on the way to be a co-mascot - and more than that, an Eevee that's been specifically showed to be unable to evolve does give her some chances of staying.

SatoSereFan224888

There isn’t really any reason to think that Journeys would end this year or the next. The earliest it would end if it doesn’t continue into the next generation would be when the first gen 9 games come out which would likely be in November of 2022 or November 2023.
But the pandemic may have caused changes in the plot and sped up the story for Journeys. Pokemon wasn’t the only anime affected by the pandemic.

ShadowForce720

But the pandemic may have caused changes in the plot and sped up the story for Journeys. Pokemon wasn’t the only anime affected by the pandemic.
Your misunderstanding something here the anime does not effect the games like that, rather it’s the other way around.

So, no regardless of what happens to the anime the gen 9 games won’t be affected, so again their is no reason to expect or suspect them earlier then late 2022 at the earliest which would likely wind up being November if the games did come out in 2022.

So at the earliest we’re looking at a release date of November 2022 or November 2023.

There isn’t any reason to think that if there is going to be a new anime for gen 9 that it would come out any earlier then November 2022 at the earliest.

dman_dustin

It's never going to happen but as I stated before and made a video on it.

The only way they can progress with Ash is if they allow him to travel the multiverse as a Pokemon Guardian and then we'd have multple one off arcs. Ash can easily battle the 9th gen gyms and challenge the end if it while aiding in the threat to maintain himself as a guardian and then give him a device that gives him access to all his Pokemon and he can catch and evolve ones he hasn't had before with some focus being on 9th generation.

But as I've said, it'll never happen especially since it would have a fan fiction series feel and would require Gamefreak to design certain Pokemon to allow this maybe even a ton of regional variants or create a game with delta species, maybe not delta species but after this series I have a hard time imagining Ash getting something like Flygon unless its a regional variant or delta species.

But the stories Ash would go through would be endless and it could easily include future generation plot lines. The best part for people who hate Ash, Ash doesn't need to be in every episode either, it could be like other anime where the main character gets little screentime while the story focuses on the lives of other characters where Ash because he beat Leon would just be a strong driving force and is there to ensure a conflict is resolved but we can have like Serena doing gyms and being a battler for example and Ash acts like Diantha/Steven with Serena saving child Alain's Froaklin with Serena's rival Mairin's Mega Sceptile and of course rival Miette with Mega Blastoise and Serena-Delphox for the win.

The best part for me is Ash being able to use all his Pokemon with a device and even evolving some of them. Ash's Charizard, Torterra, Greninja, Lucario, etc, etc.

but it will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.