• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's never going to happen but as I stated before and made a video on it.

The only way they can progress with Ash is if they allow him to travel the multiverse as a Pokemon Guardian and then we'd have multple one off arcs. Ash can easily battle the 9th gen gyms and challenge the end if it while aiding in the threat to maintain himself as a guardian and then give him a device that gives him access to all his Pokemon and he can catch and evolve ones he hasn't had before with some focus being on 9th generation.

But as I've said, it'll never happen especially since it would have a fan fiction series feel and would require Gamefreak to design certain Pokemon to allow this maybe even a ton of regional variants or create a game with delta species, maybe not delta species but after this series I have a hard time imagining Ash getting something like Flygon unless its a regional variant or delta species.

But the stories Ash would go through would be endless and it could easily include future generation plot lines. The best part for people who hate Ash, Ash doesn't need to be in every episode either, it could be like other anime where the main character gets little screentime while the story focuses on the lives of other characters where Ash because he beat Leon would just be a strong driving force and is there to ensure a conflict is resolved but we can have like Serena doing gyms and being a battler for example and Ash acts like Diantha/Steven with Serena saving child Alain's Froaklin with Serena's rival Mairin's Mega Sceptile and of course rival Miette with Mega Blastoise and Serena-Delphox for the win.

The best part for me is Ash being able to use all his Pokemon with a device and even evolving some of them. Ash's Charizard, Torterra, Greninja, Lucario, etc, etc.

but it will never happen.
It seems like a good idea but I'm not putting my finger on it yet. How does Delta Pokemon work in Pokemon Animeverse?
and Ash should have caught Flygon back in his hoenn days but nope. It's not that special enough for him to catch it.
Otherwise, there is nothing for Ash to do it.

Mew29240

It's never going to happen but as I stated before and made a video on it.

The only way they can progress with Ash is if they allow him to travel the multiverse as a Pokemon Guardian and then we'd have multple one off arcs. Ash can easily battle the 9th gen gyms and challenge the end if it while aiding in the threat to maintain himself as a guardian and then give him a device that gives him access to all his Pokemon and he can catch and evolve ones he hasn't had before with some focus being on 9th generation.

But as I've said, it'll never happen especially since it would have a fan fiction series feel and would require Gamefreak to design certain Pokemon to allow this maybe even a ton of regional variants or create a game with delta species, maybe not delta species but after this series I have a hard time imagining Ash getting something like Flygon unless its a regional variant or delta species.

But the stories Ash would go through would be endless and it could easily include future generation plot lines. The best part for people who hate Ash, Ash doesn't need to be in every episode either, it could be like other anime where the main character gets little screentime while the story focuses on the lives of other characters where Ash because he beat Leon would just be a strong driving force and is there to ensure a conflict is resolved but we can have like Serena doing gyms and being a battler for example and Ash acts like Diantha/Steven with Serena saving child Alain's Froaklin with Serena's rival Mairin's Mega Sceptile and of course rival Miette with Mega Blastoise and Serena-Delphox for the win.

The best part for me is Ash being able to use all his Pokemon with a device and even evolving some of them. Ash's Charizard, Torterra, Greninja, Lucario, etc, etc.

but it will never happen.
They might be reaching the limits of what Ash can do as a battling trainer, but they could always let him do other things with Pokemon not related to battling (not necessarily things like contests).

Jokes aside regarding Ash's MC status, I'd actually like to see him picking up things that Brock did for him and his companions while travelling like treating Pokemon or learning how to make food for them. Things like those that can expand his character beyond the one that can battle and be heroic, but not much else.

dman_dustin

It seems like a good idea but I'm not putting my finger on it yet. How does Delta Pokemon work in Pokemon Animeverse?
and Ash should have caught Flygon back in his hoenn days but nope. It's not that special enough for him to catch it.
Otherwise, there is nothing for Ash to do it.

I would assume its just a different universe Pokemon developed different or the result of scientific experiment changing their types.

But I doubt it'll happen if Gamefreak won't acknowledge it. At best 9th generation will add the most regional forms.

If we get remakes I would like Sinnohan forms and maybe give Ash one of those if its cool enough.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
While assuming that Pocket Monsters (2019) ends, what is this Future of Pokemon Anime will be? Will Ash Ketchum continue his adventure as usual, how will Goh part way with Ash Ketchum? Will Chloe be a Pokemon trainer?
What about Team Rocket?
Discuss your prediction of the future Pokemon anime, please.

Honestly, I think the Journeys format will be the future of the Pokémon anime. It gives the writers and animators a lot more freedom to do whatever they want with the show, promote the games much quicker and more effectively than planning out a long term story arc (and pray that GameFreak doesn't throw a curve ball in the middle of production), and it ensures that Ash will remain the main character without having to undo his progress. Seriously, world hopping means that Gen IX and Gen X could all theoretically happen in Journeys.

Additionally, with Goh, it is likely they would braver to introduce more main characters that are not just there to support Ash. Goh, for instant, can work without Ash since his goal doesn't interfere with Ash's yet his main character gimmick (Gotta Catch 'Em All) is a major aspect of the Pokémon franchise as a whole rather than just be something reserved for one series and then retired for a new trend.

mystreon

the elder eevee
Honestly, I think the Journeys format will be the future of the Pokémon anime. It gives the writers and animators a lot more freedom to do whatever they want with the show, promote the games much quicker and more effectively than planning out a long term story arc (and pray that GameFreak doesn't throw a curve ball in the middle of production), and it ensures that Ash will remain the main character without having to undo his progress. Seriously, world hopping means that Gen IX and Gen X could all theoretically happen in Journeys.

Additionally, with Goh, it is likely they would braver to introduce more main characters that are not just there to support Ash. Goh, for instant, can work without Ash since his goal doesn't interfere with Ash's yet his main character gimmick (Gotta Catch 'Em All) is a major aspect of the Pokémon franchise as a whole rather than just be something reserved for one series and then retired for a new trend.
Is the "whatever they want with the show" making absolute unfiltered garbage that falls flat on its face compared to its previous two iterations?

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Is the "whatever they want with the show" making absolute unfiltered garbage that falls flat on its face compared to its previous two iterations?

It means not being bounded to an old formula, has been a story handicap for Ash after a few several Leagues.

If we go by the League formula in Galar, Ash would catch the local bird, a Galar starter and some Galar Pokémon before he embarks on a Gym Quest, battling 8 Gym Leaders that would span for about 3 years at best. Then he goes to engage into Galar League, possibly win or lose against Leon, deal with the Legendary storyline from the games, maybe have side spin-off arcs in DLC places...

And we would not see something out of the ordinary like Ash catching a Dragonite, Gengar, Riolu/Lucario, Galarian Farfetch'd, and Dracovish. If a time traveler came to the year 2019 and said that these are the Pokémon that Ash would catch and that Ash would meet Mewtwo again (the original Mewtwo mind you), no one will believe them. They don't fit the typical marketing ploy of the Pokémon anime.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
If we go by the League formula in Galar, Ash would catch the local bird, a Galar starter and some Galar Pokémon before he embarks on a Gym Quest, battling 8 Gym Leaders that would span for about 3 years at best. Then he goes to engage into Galar League, possibly win or lose against Leon, deal with the Legendary storyline from the games, maybe have side spin-off arcs in DLC places...
Sounds fun

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit

Journeys has at times felt to me like a big experiment in reworking the show structure.

Many long running shows are very episodic, so perhaps the producers thought it would appeal more if they could apply the same principle to pokemon. While Pokemon has always been somewhat episodic, journeys plots feel extremely self contained to each episode.

The world tour + catching multiple pokemon also lets them right whatever story they want while focusing on whichever pokemon they want to promote. There is more potential for variety.

Goh is promoted as the 2nd protagonist, the show is rebranded as "Pokemon", and pokemon GO is being promoted alongside the mainline games.

I'm probably reaching wildly, but I do wonder why this series is so different from the rest of the show, and the 25 anniversary doesn't seem like a strong enough reason.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Journeys has at times felt to me like a big experiment in reworking the show structure.

Many long running shows are very episodic, so perhaps the producers thought it would appeal more if they could apply the same principle to pokemon. While Pokemon has always been somewhat episodic, journeys plots feel extremely self contained to each episode.

The world tour + catching multiple pokemon also lets them right whatever story they want while focusing on whichever pokemon they want to promote. There is more potential for variety.

Goh is promoted as the 2nd protagonist, the show is rebranded as "Pokemon", and pokemon GO is being promoted alongside the mainline games.

I'm probably reaching wildly, but I do wonder why this series is so different from the rest of the show, and the 25 anniversary doesn't seem like a strong enough reason.
Even if the 25th anniversary doesn’t seem like a strong reason for the formula change, it’s likely that it’s still probably the main reason as anniversaries with the 5 or 0 digit are taken way more seriously.

Sereen123

Ash ain’t going anywhere... so the question is what happens after ash beats Leon? Does next anime gen have him go into the mega ultimate worlds championship tournament? What happens after Leon beats ash? Does he try again next gen or will they change direction cause ash decides to travel the world to get strong then “later” face Leon again

mystreon

the elder eevee
It means not being bounded to an old formula, has been a story handicap for Ash after a few several Leagues.

And we would not see something out of the ordinary like Ash catching a Dragonite, Gengar, Riolu/Lucario, Galarian Farfetch'd, and Dracovish. If a time traveler came to the year 2019 and said that these are the Pokémon that Ash would catch and that Ash would meet Mewtwo again (the original Mewtwo mind you), no one will believe them. They don't fit the typical marketing ploy of the Pokémon anime.
God you literally expressed my dream right there, that actually sound slike fun, not this nostalgia bait BS, i want to see galar mons, not ash catch two kanto mons, kanto mon in galar clothing and babys first fursona.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

I agree.

I can see them refining the formula as we shift generations. Either replacing Goh or adding new co-protagonists.

I'm sure that's the case here. They are probably seeing what work and doesn't so they can refine things as we change to a new generation.

I think they figured they'd need to change the structure to keep the show appealing to a new audience. I'd say they probably came to that realization after the Yokai Watch boom we had a while back. Even if that crazy eventually went away I guess it was a "reality check" for the staff to realize they needed to change the show around.

Look how much changed on SM. Not just animation style but director, Ash's portrayal, TR's roles, setting...

Status
Not open for further replies.