• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kungfu-Bear

I haven't read this thread due to lack of personal available time so I don't know if anyone has noticed this.

I don't believe we'll have "next season" ever again.
There must be a reason the series was renamed just "Pokémon" or "Pocket Monsters" in Japan, like in Original Series. I think it's because it's going to be an "open" season, since the anime is no longer tied to a region and now it's totally "open world" structure. New regions, generations and pokemon will be released and will simply be introduced into the anime naturally in interspersed episodes, just like SwordShield/Galar was. The "Gen 9" show will be "Pokémon (2019)", when Gen 10 comes out it will also be part of "Pokémon (2019)" and so on. I no longer see a need to change the title as well as the season, at least in Japan.

The only question I have is about PWC, as Ash is already in Hyper Class 75 episodes in, but other than that I believe we'll be with Goh for a lot longer than just 3 years, unless TPC/TVTokyo decides to retire the character for some specific reason, such as low popularity+audience ratings.

Ultra Beast Lover

I haven't read this thread due to lack of personal available time so I don't know if anyone has noticed this.

There must be a reason the series was renamed just "Pokémon" or "Pocket Monsters" in Japan, like in Original Series. I think it's because it's going to be an "open" season, since the anime is no longer tied to a region and now it's totally "open world" structure. New regions, generations and pokemon will be released and will simply be introduced into the anime naturally in interspersed episodes, just like SwordShield/Galar was. The "Gen 9" show will be "Pokémon (2019)", when Gen 10 comes out it will also be part of "Pokémon (2019)" and so on. I no longer see a need to change the title as well as the season, at least in Japan.

The only question I have is about PWC, as Ash is already in Hyper Class 75 episodes in, but other than that I believe we'll be with Goh for a lot longer than just 3 years, unless TPC/TVTokyo decides to retire the character for some specific reason, such as low popularity+audience ratings.
I think myself and a few others have mentioned something that would imply that, yes. I mean, it does make sense. Previously Ash was travelling so we knew he'd go home after the league, in Alola we knew Ash wouldn't stay in school forever, but there's not much of a reason to stop being a research fellow unless they decide to go back to formula in a few generations. Go, in theory, could leave to follow Mew, Chloe could leave to, but I can't think of any reason for Ash to leave what's essentially a dream job.

If it does happen I don't think it'll be that we won't have a next season ever again, just for a few generations.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The PWC isn't a goal that can be carried over into the next gen unless they could find some way to send Ash all the way back down to the bottom.

DuskAstral

The PWC isn't a goal that can be carried over into the next gen
For what reason? I do not see a reason why characters from the 9th generation could not take part in the PWC (after all, people from all over the world, not only from selected regions, can sign up for it)

Do they have a reason to add Gen 9-11 into Pokemon Journeys?

if so, what's the option for The Writers to hard reboot Pokemon As an Anime with no Ash and his Pikachu but a generic Trainer with his Pikachu.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
For what reason? I do not see a reason why characters from the 9th generation could not take part in the PWC (after all, people from all over the world, not only from selected regions, can sign up for it)
I said that in the post you just quoted. You need to find a way to send Ash back down to the bottom of the rankings.

DuskAstral

You need to find a way to send Ash back down to the bottom of the rankings.
Since there are probably much stronger opponents in Hyper and Master Class, there is a good chance that Satoshi will lose a few times and be withdrawn back to the lower classes.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Since there are probably much stronger opponents in Hyper and Master Class, there is a good chance that Satoshi will lose a few times and be withdrawn back to the lower classes.
Yes that is possible it can happen since the rate at which he was able to jump the rankings offscreen he will lose a few times and hope this time they will show all of his pwc battles on screen and not offscreen and we will able to see his progress

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer

Personally speaking, I don’t see this as being the case. I do think that this is just what the series will be for this current run but not permanently. My reasons being:

1. This series falls under the 25th anniversary of the franchise. Being a series that would fall off on such a momentous anniversary for the franchise, I can see why they would basically want to celebrate the series as a whole rather than just a single piece of it. From traveling to familiar places to meeting old faces again, Journeys acts as that. As such, rather than naming the current series after the current gen, it takes in the name of the franchise as a whole.

2. Advertisement for Pokémon Go. This series features a character who is named after the game, travels around the Pokémon world and whose entire goal pertains to capturing Pokémon. As such, he’s a walking advertisement of the game and the current format acts as a vehicle for him to do so. There’s even been concepts from the game shown like raid battles as well as throws that exclaim ‘nice’, ‘great’ and ‘excellent’.

While I think this series will last this way until the end of the Gen 8 cycle, I don’t see it going beyond that. Whether they’ll return to a former format or mix things up again remains to be seen, but I think there will be other series beyond this one.

Ashton Ketchum

Well, look on the bright side. With each saga the staff tries to fix some of the complaints from the last saga, granted there's always new issues but eh that's life. One of the main complaints with this saga is that Go kinda tends to steal the spotlight and that people don't find him catching a bunch of Pokemon so easily all that much fun so, on the off change Go stays, maybe the writers will fix it. Either that or we'll have to deal with him for the next few sagas.
Could it, finally, make Tetsuo Yajima a chief director for whole anime? If yes, I hope this shift gonna be more helpful, rather than shift from Ryan Johnson to J.J. Abrams for Star Wars.

Could it, finally, make Tetsuo Yajima a chief director for whole anime? If yes, I hope this shift gonna be more helpful, rather than shift from Ryan Johnson to J.J. Abrams for Star Wars.
We need that. Yajima directed XY which is the best written and best series bar none. That would aim the anime down a more mature tone a la XY.

Speared

I said that in the post you just quoted. You need to find a way to send Ash back down to the bottom of the rankings.
Aren't there "seasons" for the PWC. At the end of the current season Ash would just start at the bottom again like everyone else.

I'm hoping that Ash gets to battle Leon this season and loses. Leon then says since he's the champion of Galar, Ash could participate in the Gym Challenge to get a rematch. That could happen during the offseason of the PWC before Gen 9 gets introduced and then we can get a proper long term Galar arc.

desdar300

Because G9 may have a league that differs from others and it'd be awkward to shove them in one based on SWSH's ranking system.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Because G9 may have a league that differs from others and it'd be awkward to shove them in one based on SWSH's ranking system.
Yep. Gen 9's region might be a traditionalist, isolated one like Alola with its own challenge.

aipomadvanceshipper

Go isn't really a problem in Japan though, don't alot of people like him. He's an enjoyable character but I think if he had a different goal would be more exciting. And chloe I wish she would interact with ash more but it understandable why she doesn't because she's go's friend and in school and figuring out her goal. Show sometimes seems boring but it's still early into the season so action will start up

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Show sometimes seems boring but it's still early into the season so action will start up
We're like half way through the season if Journey's is the same length as XY and SM.

Status
Not open for further replies.