• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Being dissapointed with Dawn's return this week is even kind of souring/killing my interest in the anime. I mean, it kind of happened with a lot of mishandling despite having many interesting ideas but I keep trying to overlook. I guess the billing finally came to remind me I must pay...

I don't care if they keep the same setup... Just get rid of Tomiyasu... And no, I don't want Yajima replacing him, I just want someone who can handles everything better...

Ultra Beast Lover

I think it'd be better if 1. They kept these returns a secret, just say something like, "you all are in for a big surprise this month, stay tuned." 2. Make the big reveal more of a buildup in the episode. Get the characters into whatever situation you want them in then let us hear a voice behind them or have their Pokemon leap out when they're in trouble. Granted I can't judge too much since I've only seen the episode pictures but it almost looks like Dawn was an afterthought, not much to help us anticipate her return like a cliffhanger.

I do wonder if this is all leading to something or if this is just the staff's attempt at making the older fans happy. Because this feels like my personal dream for the anime that's just not being properly executed. Also, it's not the final saga. I always thought the final saga would see Ash meeting with all of his old travel partners and other friends as he uses his reserves and new Pokemon to beat gyms, destroy Giovanni, meet his dad, beat the League, and become a Pokemon Master.

Ashton Ketchum

Being dissapointed with Dawn's return this week is even kind of souring/killing my interest in the anime. I mean, it kind of happened with a lot of mishandling despite having many interesting ideas but I keep trying to overlook. I guess the billing finally came to remind me I must pay...

I don't care if they keep the same setup... Just get rid of Tomiyasu... And no, I don't want Yajima replacing him, I just want someone who can handles everything better...
Did you afraid, it's gonna be fail like "Rise of Skywalker"?

Overall - Daiki Tomiyasu for Pokémon is almost the analogue of Ryan Johnson for Star Wars. Namely, that does not give the fans what they really want. First of all, it does not give them a serious tone and balanced pleasant humor.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Not a Star Wars fan but I don't think Tomiyasu is comparable to the the SW folks. He just feels... Average for me. It has his hits but a lot of misses and those are the ones that tend to drag things down IMHO

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Did you afraid, it's gonna be fail like "Rise of Skywalker"?

Overall - Daiki Tomiyasu for Pokémon is almost the analogue of Ryan Johnson for Star Wars. Namely, that does not give the fans what they really want. First of all, it does not give them a serious tone and balanced pleasant humor.
I do not like this series at all. It’s more annoying if anything.

1. Rise of Skywalker made over a billion dollars. I fail to see that as failure in a financial sense.
2. Not seeing your fanfic of Ash defeating Giovanni and seeing Ash riding off into the sunset with Serena with the next series starring their kid is no sign of bad writing
3. Fans are at best a coalition. We are not a monolith. This gatekeeping is pointless.

PAndrews

1. Rise of Skywalker made over a billion dollars. I fail to see that as failure in a financial sense.
2. Not seeing your fanfic of Ash defeating Giovanni and seeing Ash riding off into the sunset with Serena with the next series starring their kid is no sign of bad writing
3. Fans are at best a coalition. We are not a monolith. This gatekeeping is pointless.
Rise of Skywalker had the lowest profit of the Disney trilogy. If you want to truly go in the numbers then the actual profit on the movie (so after removing production and marketing costs) was $300M. While Force Awakens profit was more then double that with $780M and even Last Jedi was higher with a profit of $415M. Even the spinoff Rogue One had a higher profit of $320M. So the profits were decreasing with each movie despite proudction costs and marketing increasing. So yes, it was the very definition of a failure in the financial sense since profits were decreasing

With a trilogy the climax that all 3 movies have build towards tends to be a huge succes, having it do the worst of the 3 is actually hard to do and by definition a failure. It also had one of the lowest scores possible and pretty much killed the franchise for them. So yeah, pretty big failure when you not only lose money compared to your previous film but also anger your fanbase

Fans are the people that in the end buy the product, if you want a product to remain succesful you need to attract new ones and maintain the old ones. So "gatekeeping" is far from pointless. Disney took a **** all over the older fans with Star Wars, which is why movies 8 & 9 failed so badly and the same applies to Pokemon, if they screw over long term fans and lose them they lose a lot of profit. Look at star wars, Force Awakens drew in the old fans while the other 2 didn't, which is why its profit is even higher then the 2 sequels combined

U.N. Owen

Rise of Skywalker had the lowest profit of the Disney trilogy. If you want to truly go in the numbers then the actual profit on the movie (so after removing production and marketing costs) was $300M. While Force Awakens profit was more then double that with $780M and even Last Jedi was higher with a profit of $415M. Even the spinoff Rogue One had a higher profit of $320M. So the profits were decreasing with each movie despite proudction costs and marketing increasing. So yes, it was the very definition of a failure in the financial sense since profits were decreasing
I would concede this point if the diminishing profits did not occur with both the Original Trilogy and the Prequel Trilogy. Instead, we saw the same diminishing returns with both the Original and the Prequel Trilogy which defeats this argument. The only time in recent memory I didn't see this same effect was in the original Lord of the Rings Trilogy and to some extent the Hobbit Trilogy. The trend is not exactly new to Star Wars or trilogies for that matter.

With a trilogy the climax that all 3 movies have build towards tends to be a huge succes, having it do the worst of the 3 is actually hard to do and by definition a failure. It also had one of the lowest scores possible and pretty much killed the franchise for them. So yeah, pretty big failure when you not only lose money compared to your previous film but also anger your fanbase
Again, we saw this effect with the other two trilogies. So this is nothing new.

Okay, let me ask the questions about the as-of-Currently non-existent Pokémon Gen 9 Anime

1. How will Ash Go to the Gen 9 region even if we are still in Pokémon Journeys?

2. Considering Ash has a recent friend Goh, Will Ash get a new friend again in Gen 9 considering he stayed in Pokémon Anime, but he becomes a Pokémon Master on-screen.

3. Whenever Game Freak is doing with Gen 9, will there be a major Villainous Team exclusive to now-nonexistent Pokémon Gen 9 Anime?

4. What would Gen 9 Starters look like?

5. What would Pokémon Professor in Gen 9 look like?

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!

No a SW fanatic but isn't Disney era SW a case of the fans hating whatever new movie comes out because nostalgia and nothing else could measure up to the old stuff? I know in Dragon Ball fandom DBS is disliked because it's just more of a okay/meh product and not because it's new, newer Pokémon games get hate because of a genuine quality drop and a lack of proper effort by Game Freak in terms of design because they sell no matter what.

Red and Blue

Okay, let me ask the questions about the as-of-Currently non-existent Pokémon Gen 9 Anime

1. How will Ash Go to the Gen 9 region even if we are still in Pokémon Journeys?

2. Considering Ash has a recent friend.... Goh, Will Ash get a new friend again considering he has now retired as a Pokemon trainer but he becomes a Pokémon Master off-screen?

3. Whenever Game Freak is doing with Gen 9, will there be a major Villainous Team exclusive to now-nonexistent Pokémon Gen 9 Anime?

1. If they keep the world tour they'll just incorporate the new region into the lineup
2. Uh, he is still a trainer. He could make new companions along with Go I guess.
3. They'll probably just use the Gen 9 team. I'm positive we'll see Yell eventually
4. Whatever the game designers want them to look like
5. Whatever the game designers want him/her to look like

U.N. Owen

No a SW fanatic but isn't Disney era SW a case of the fans hating whatever new movie comes out because nostalgia and nothing else could measure up to the old stuff? I know in Dragon Ball fandom DBS is disliked because it's just more of a okay/meh product and not because it's new, newer Pokémon games get hate because of a genuine quality drop and a lack of proper effort by Game Freak in terms of design because they sell no matter what.
It's a bit more complex than that. Star Wars fans are a hard bunch to please as you can see with Ahmed Best (Jar Jar) wanting to kill himself over the role or Jake Lloyd being derided as the kid to ruined Vader. Even George noted in an interview with the NY Times, “Why would I make any more, when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?" because he got a lot of backlash from the Prequel Trilogy.

The Sequel Trilogy was rocky to begin with since Disney did some unpopular choices such as render the Old Expanded Universe as Legends. If you are familiar with the Old Believers of the Russian Orthodox Church, that was the type of schism that happened with that decision. By the time Sequel Trilogy actually went into production, the studio had to play the balancing act since we have two generations of fans: those alive around the Original Trilogy, those who were introduced with the Prequel Trilogy, and of course new fans in general. It's a difficult but not impossible balancing act to play.

Of course, when it actually debuted, we got a bunch of reactionaries writing essays about how Star Wars is "too political" which anyone who has seen any of the Prequel era media will just say, "That's the point."

2. Considering Ash has a recent friend.... Goh, Will Ash get a new friend again considering he has now retired as a Pokemon trainer but he becomes a Pokémon Master off-screen?

1. If you keep the world tour, they'll just make it another stop on the touring aspect. Kanto still takes precedence if previous trends are still present.
2. What?
3. That depends on how it's played in the games.
4-5. That's a bit outside the scope of the information we have at the moment.

1. If you keep the world tour, they'll just make it another stop on the touring aspect. Kanto still takes precedence if previous trends are still present.
2. What?
3. That depends on how it's played in the games.
4-5. That's a bit outside the scope of the information we have at the moment.
I have bolded it to rephrase it:
with Goh possibly not coming back to the Generation 9 anime, It's safe to assume that Goh used a Gen 8 Mon aka Cinderace being his first starter and I never said that Ash retired as a Pokémon Trainer but rather, Ash being a Pokémon Master On-screen. He gets a new friend in Pokemon Gen 9 Anime, being part of The World Tour again as usual.

You're the one of the reason I have trust issues when it comes to them being confused.

I Better edit it to word better.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

I have bolded it to rephrase it:
with Goh possibly not coming back to the Generation 9 anime, It's safe to assume that Goh used a Gen 8 Mon aka Cinderace being his first starter and I never said that Ash retired as a Pokémon Trainer but rather, Ash being a Pokémon Master On-screen. He gets a new friend in Pokemon Gen 9 Anime, being part of The World Tour again as usual.

You're the one of the reason I have trust issues when it comes to them being confused.

I Better edit it to word better.
In that case, I'm sure Ash will find new heights to climb and make tons of new companions.

He's going to be on this journey until the oceans swallow the continents whole.

U.N. Owen

Okay, Do we even find out about Pokémon Master in Generation 9?
I doubt it. It’s one of those things that the anime probably wants to deliberately keep as vague as possible. Given how fans have speculated about it for so long, I doubt there can be much of a satisfying answer to what it is.

D

Deleted member 384931

Didnt the director admit he didnt knew what it means in an interview?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Didnt the director admit he didnt knew what it means in an interview?
Actually Tomiyasu asked Yuyama who then answered it was just a child's dream, something for him to idolize

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Actually Tomiyasu asked Yuyama who then answered it was just a child's dream, something for him to idolize
Which makes the most sense
It's Ash's silly childhood dream which most likely translates to him being a person who can see, bond with and understand every kind of Pokémon. His way of bonding is by battling them
Thanks to JN and ICY we know that battling was never the main Crux of his goal, it's more of a supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.