• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gen 9 Anime were able to pull off the 9 regions like Journeys, do they have a good reason for Ash Ketchum going back to old regions including Orange islands and Decolore islands? is that hard for them to use Orange islands again if they couldn't use Alola Region again?

DuskAstral

If Gen 9 Anime were able to pull off the 9 regions like Journeys
There will be no 9th generation anime. I think "Journeys" will be permanent.
is that hard for them to use Orange islands again if they couldn't use Alola Region again?
It's not like that. The creators do not often show Alola, because it was related to the entire previous series.

There will be no 9th generation anime. I think "Journeys" will be permanent.

It's not like that. The creators do not often show Alola, because it was related to the entire previous series.
Okay. let me tell you @DuskAstral.

Let's rule out the possibility of Journeys being permanent this time. I apologize for being rude but... why do you have a reason to be angry toward me for unknown reason.

Edit:
Ash_ketchum_hates_Alola_region.png
(I know it was a joke. I'm not saying that Kalos Region is better than Alola Region itself but I prefer Unova Region)

Last edited:

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
The problem is that it's a double-edged sword, since you can end up making characters develop too quickly, being good at everything, with barely much consistency (Goh); or end up being an overly slow burn and restrictive when it comes to content (Chloe).
And game characters tend to garner the interest of the general Pokemon fanbase a lot more than OCs. I guarantee you that an episode with Marnie would attract a ton of randos while another COTD wouldn't pull in those type of views. I thought Journeys was going to take advantage of this phenomenon by allowing prisoners in offscreen jail to show up, as well as the Galar characters, but I was wrong.

Just imagine how much people would tune in to see a Nessa episode or another highly popular character!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
There's a big reason why both Nessa and Bea got added to Masters right after the devs added Gloria, Leon, and Marney I believe (all three of them being as or more popular than the two of them), and that was through fan feedback alone.
There’s also Piers being added before both Leon & Marnie as well as Raihan coming just barely before Nessa/Bea.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
And then Allister got added a week ago, though I'm not sure if it's because he's popular or because of Halloween month. I don't know if the rest of the Galar characters are popular, though.

Every character on this Famitsu poll has been added to Masters except Bede & Kabu (who I saw a ton of fanart when the game first dropped). I’ve also seen a lot of love for Sonia and Peony/Mustard (who didn’t “exist” yet) but it’s hard to quantify objective popularity

Do we get any information that is foreshadowing Gen 9 Anime? This is becoming a speculation and prediction and maybe Foreshadowing the Gen 9 Anime Thread.
but again, Given the Disappointment of Pokemon Journeys, I think I would owe Team Rocket trio an Appreciation and Congratulations for Barely Avoiding Ash and Goh and maybe Chloe. I want to see Team Rocket trio being a legit threat like in Best Wishes but with more fleshed out development, Don't use Gacha Machine for Team Rocket in Gen 9 again that would be a no-go for them to use it.

As for Ash Ketchum, Maybe flesh out his character before Gen 9 Anime Starts, TV Tokyo and OLM and writers all have a room to retire him permanently.

Is there a good reason for Journeys to end?

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Ash should dump Pikachu, Sirfetch’d, Dracovish and Dragonite at Professor Oak’s lab after Journeys ends and uses a completely different team consisting of Totodie, Quilava, Bayleef, Lucario, Gengar and Gible. Of course, Ash will still be using Pikachu as a backup, but it won’t be hogging all the screen time in a potential Gen 9 anime.

Do we get any information that is foreshadowing Gen 9 Anime? This is becoming a speculation and prediction and maybe Foreshadowing the Gen 9 Anime Thread.
but again, Given the Disappointment of Pokemon Journeys, I think I would owe Team Rocket trio an Appreciation and Congratulations for Barely Avoiding Ash and Goh and maybe Chloe. I want to see Team Rocket trio being a legit threat like in Best Wishes but with more fleshed out development, Don't use Gacha Machine for Team Rocket in Gen 9 again that would be a no-go for them to use it.

As for Ash Ketchum, Maybe flesh out his character before Gen 9 Anime Starts, TV Tokyo and OLM and writers all have a room to retire him permanently.

Is there a good reason for Journeys to end?
Flesh out his character and make him grow? This is Pokemon we’re talking about

Flesh out his character and make him grow? This is Pokemon we’re talking about
Eh, I'm gonna outright say that TV Tokyo and OLM and Writers could permanently retire Ash Ketchum before this Hypothetical Gen 9 Anime. I think they're gonna keep Team Rocket Trio for Gen 9, I think Journeys writers could test the water for Team Rocket trio, I don't like this mess that Journeys turns out, Let's use the Soft Reboot option before we get to Actual Gen 9 Anime. Just Scrap Goh and Chloe completely and replaced them with New Protagonists.

SatoSereFan224888

Well I think Ash needs a new voice for his older self in both Japanese & English. I'm think in Japan it should be either Miyu Irino or Mamoru Miyano. For English Bryce Papenbrook is the only guy who could voice an adult Ash to be honest.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Matsumoto can easily do an older Ash. No need for any changes.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
She turns 53 this coming Tuesday, November 30. She's getting up there in age.
Food for thought: Veronica Taylor - Ash's original VA - is old, but she still can manage to do his voice anyway.

Rica can either still pull off her Ash voice just as much, or she stays forever like Goku's elder seiyuu despite the fact she somehow still uses his kid voice when he's an adult.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.