• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Gen 9 taking place in an Italy-based region would be next level disappointment. Pretty much anything in Europe would honestly be disappointing.
Agreed, i want some non Japan asian representation. India as others mentioned would be just perfect for a region, with all the lore and stuff they can build as well as the amazing Pokemon designs that can arise

D

Deleted member 384931

It would mean that 3 out of the last 4 gens are set in European regions, but considering that they had four Japanese regions in a row I don't think that they care.
Isnt true tho. Gen 5 was New York, gen 6 was Paris, gen 7 was Hawaii and gen 8 was Great-Brittan. 2 out of four and even Galar is questionable as part of Europe due Brexit stuff.

So... if Ash Ketchum becomes a Pokémon master after Pokémon Journeys the series is over, what will happen to the whole Pokémon Anime after Pokémon Journeys is over? Who is going to be protagonist in the hypothetical Pokémon Gen 9 Anime? May only becomes a thing after Gen 2, as for Dawn, she just became a thing after Gen 3, Iris just became a thing after gen 4, Serena becomes a thing after Gen 5, Lillie, Mallow and maybe Lana all become a thing after gen 6, Chloe/Goh just become a thing after gen 7. who is going to be a thing after Gen 8?! watch it be a pokegirl but with a twist.

Meh, It's hard to predict a Gen 9 Protagonist and the entire Gen 9 Region and Gen 9 Opening and outro.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
watch it be a pokegirl but with a twist.
0d13e8a3-7989-4318-99e8-46809e43d14b

D

Deleted member 384931

Yeah. With France and UK already used, and with a good chance that the next region is set in Italy, they might be overusing European settings.
I think its easy to use Europe cause it has many different cultures, so I dont blame them. Tho I wouldn’t mind Africa or Asia either

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yeah, but twice in a row is kind of...IDK. We need these four continents still: South America, Australia, Africa, Antarctica.
And European regions would comprise 60% of all the regions since the move away from Japanese regions, with the remaining 40% being based on locations in the US. They need some variety in regions.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Why if I may asking? What is wrong with Europe?

I respect your opinion, but that sounds a little too bold to just outright say. Would you care to elaborate why? And if so, where else would be appropriate then?
Nothing’s wrong with Europe. I’m just an activist against things being overused. By extension, I would also find a region based on another US state (or just somewhere in the US) to be a major disappointment as well.

Next region in my opinion should go to the Southern Hemisphere.

Samurott

So I haven't read through this thread and I'll just assume no one else mentioned these issues or came up with these ideas.

FIRST IDEA:
I like to picture in my head that Gen 9 will play as part 2 of a Pokemon duology series like they did with OS where it had both Kanto and Johto featured. The fact that it's just called "Pocket Monsters" in Japan gives me this indication. If they were to make Gen 9 to last for 4 years (to make Gen 10 release on the 30th anniversary), it would give them plenty of time to take the issues and criticisms with part 1 and fix them up in part 2. IMO, Journeys has the opposite issue that SM had. While SM was a bad idea with good execution, JN was a good idea with bad execution. It was stated in an interview that JN is now "Pokemon in the human world" instead of "humans in the Pokemon world" as it has been before. They need to switch that back. Another issue was Ash being set off to the side at times in favor of Goh. This wasn't as big of a deal in other series like DP since it was obvious some episodes wouldn't have Ash do anything, like for Dawn's contests, but since JN is the series where anything goes, he could've participated more. This co-protagonist deal isn't working out. There's also the issue where important characters return for only one episode and barely anything of significance happens or is too rushed like with the Alola group, Mewtwo, Iris, and Oak's lab.

As far as the whole "Ash changing his feelings about Leon" thing, maybe he realizes that he's not ready to compete against him yet, perhaps after not making it to the Masters Eight. We're not sure exactly sure how the PWC works entirely, but I like to think that you need to become one of the Masters Eight by winning enough battles by a certain time in each PWC cycle before it restarts. They could have Ash not make it in time, but then have him do something exciting enough to end part 1 on a high note, such as the Galarian Star Tournament. This would lead Ash into realizing that in order to make it into the Masters Eight, he should do more battling outside of the PWC. Part 2, assuming it would take 4 years, could have Ash participate in a number of events such as the Sinnoh Battle Frontier, defending his champion title in Alola, or even rechallenging the Indigo League and have him win an established league for the first time. They can also have non-tournament mini arcs like the Mohn storyline and the Crown Tundra.

In addition to a second PWC cycle, they could have Ash either use some of his old Pokemon compete in battles, or let some of his captures hang out at the lab like Dragonite, Gengar, and Sirfetch'd so he can catch some more Pokemon to catch and rotate with. It'd be similar to the Battle Frontier where he left Torkoal and Glaile and evolved Phanpy and caught Aipom. He could keep Lucario on him since he's pretty much a second mascot and maybe Dracovish if they decide to have the Gen 8 fossils have their original forms revealed, who knows.

OR

SECOND IDEA:
They have Gen 9 go back to the usual 8 gym battles and Pokemon League format, but this time they could have him reattempt a proper team that he can rotate with evenly. They could have him catch 5 Gen 9 Pokemon as well as 3 Galar Pokemon. That way, he can end up having a minimum of 5 each from Gens 8 and 9 like they did with Hoenn, Kalos, and Alola so none of the generations go shorthanded.

So I haven't read through this thread and I'll just assume no one else mentioned these issues or came up with these ideas.

FIRST IDEA:
I like to picture in my head that Gen 9 will play as part 2 of a Pokemon duology series like they did with OS where it had both Kanto and Johto featured. The fact that it's just called "Pocket Monsters" in Japan gives me this indication. If they were to make Gen 9 to last for 4 years (to make Gen 10 release on the 30th anniversary), it would give them plenty of time to take the issues and criticisms with part 1 and fix them up in part 2. IMO, Journeys has the opposite issue that SM had. While SM was a bad idea with good execution, JN was a good idea with bad execution. It was stated in an interview that JN is now "Pokemon in the human world" instead of "humans in the Pokemon world" as it has been before. They need to switch that back. Another issue was Ash being set off to the side at times in favor of Goh. This wasn't as big of a deal in other series like DP since it was obvious some episodes wouldn't have Ash do anything, like for Dawn's contests, but since JN is the series where anything goes, he could've participated more. This co-protagonist deal isn't working out. There's also the issue where important characters return for only one episode and barely anything of significance happens or is too rushed like with the Alola group, Mewtwo, Iris, and Oak's lab.

As far as the whole "Ash changing his feelings about Leon" thing, maybe he realizes that he's not ready to compete against him yet, perhaps after not making it to the Masters Eight. We're not sure exactly sure how the PWC works entirely, but I like to think that you need to become one of the Masters Eight by winning enough battles by a certain time in each PWC cycle before it restarts. They could have Ash not make it in time, but then have him do something exciting enough to end part 1 on a high note, such as the Galarian Star Tournament. This would lead Ash into realizing that in order to make it into the Masters Eight, he should do more battling outside of the PWC. Part 2, assuming it would take 4 years, could have Ash participate in a number of events such as the Sinnoh Battle Frontier, defending his champion title in Alola, or even rechallenging the Indigo League and have him win an established league for the first time. They can also have non-tournament mini arcs like the Mohn storyline and the Crown Tundra.

In addition to a second PWC cycle, they could have Ash either use some of his old Pokemon compete in battles, or let some of his captures hang out at the lab like Dragonite, Gengar, and Sirfetch'd so he can catch some more Pokemon to catch and rotate with. It'd be similar to the Battle Frontier where he left Torkoal and Glaile and evolved Phanpy and caught Aipom. He could keep Lucario on him since he's pretty much a second mascot and maybe Dracovish if they decide to have the Gen 8 fossils have their original forms revealed, who knows.

OR

SECOND IDEA:
They have Gen 9 go back to the usual 8 gym battles and Pokemon League format, but this time they could have him reattempt a proper team that he can rotate with evenly. They could have him catch 5 Gen 9 Pokemon as well as 3 Galar Pokemon. That way, he can end up having a minimum of 5 each from Gens 8 and 9 like they did with Hoenn, Kalos, and Alola so none of the generations go shorthanded.
These are the ideas that we never thought of, what likely option would you pick?

Rune Knight

Nothing’s wrong with Europe. I’m just an activist against things being overused. By extension, I would also find a region based on another US state (or just somewhere in the US) to be a major disappointment as well.

Next region in my opinion should go to the Southern Hemisphere.

Sounds fair, my personal wish is Australia.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
As far as the whole "Ash changing his feelings about Leon" thing, maybe he realizes that he's not ready to compete against him yet, perhaps after not making it to the Masters Eight. We're not sure exactly sure how the PWC works entirely, but I like to think that you need to become one of the Masters Eight by winning enough battles by a certain time in each PWC cycle before it restarts. They could have Ash not make it in time, but then have him do something exciting enough to end part 1 on a high note, such as the Galarian Star Tournament.

Ash is already close to the master class as things stand, they would have to have him endure a huge loss streak and get kicked back down a tier again for "being late" to be a thing.

Plus given Ash's personality I seriously doubt he'd change his course of wanting to battle Leon as soon as possible, he wants to battle strong opponents, it's in his character.

This would lead Ash into realizing that in order to make it into the Masters Eight, he should do more battling outside of the PWC. Part 2, assuming it would take 4 years, could have Ash participate in a number of events such as the Sinnoh Battle Frontier, defending his champion title in Alola, or even rechallenging the Indigo League and have him win an established league for the first time. They can also have non-tournament mini arcs like the Mohn storyline and the Crown Tundra.

Even if the Alola league was the first one, it still counts, let's also not forget that Ash took Iris, unova's champion down as well, unless you want to downplay that fact.

That in itself is another thing, your only focusing on Leon here, what about the other champions involved? Even if Ash doesn't beat Leon if he takes out any other champions in order to get to him, that pretty much puts gyms beneath him in terms of challenge.

If he doesn't beat Leon now, he could just easily redo the PWC until he does, either way he's beyond gym circuits.

At this point in order to send Ash back to gym's (which would be serious regression) they would have to pull a reset even worse than what they did in BW, and I know people didn't like that.

You can not tell me that "The gen 9 gym leaders are as tough as champions" because to back up that hype, they would have to prove it, which leads to me ask this, how is a new trainer from said region supposed to earn a badge at all if they are that tough, since If they didn't live up to the hype it would be a second battle frontier, which is also something people didn't exactly like in execution.

I still think he should become a mentor to the gen 9 protag, either defending or once again going through the PWC while helping them, not that I wouldn't expect him to not battle at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.