• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingertail24

But still, he's now a Champion-level trainer and it would be difficult to reset him down, as the only way they can do so is with a hard reboot of the entire anime continuity.
Like I said, your thinking too much about power level. I admit, yes it's better to retire ash or just fall out reboot. But remember, ash went to Alola and started journeys without knowing anything about the league or pwc. He just wants to travel. Besides, ash is strong but doesn't mean he can't get stronger. The was the whole point of the episode with Leon. The new region can have a gimmick or system that ash is foreign too and needs to master to get stronger

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
He just wants to travel. Besides, ash is strong but doesn't mean he can't get stronger.

The question is how when only a very finite amount of people would be able to challenge him, even more so if he beats Leon.
The was the whole point of the episode with Leon.

Which in hindsight is kind of stupid that Leon would question his strength for failing to deal with one of the most powerful legendaries alive by himself when he should've known better that he would've needed help, and Ash and Goh did not subdue Eternatus on their own they had help from Zacian and Zamazenta who were able to get the job done, other champions like Cynthia, Steven and Diantha...they all knew they needed help to deal with the likes of Dialga/Palkia, the hoenn legendaries and the giant monalith TF created with Zygarde's power.

The new region can have a gimmick or system that ash is foreign too and needs to master to get stronger

That doesn't mean Ash needs to weaken himself to use it though.

DayQuil95

That doesn't mean Ash needs to weaken himself to use it though.
Exactly, this man just casually beat someone who can hold their own against a champion in an off-screen battle in the latest episode, even if he limited himself greatly in the next region, it would end up just being artificial when he's skilled enough to swoop a whole region singlehandedly by now.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
But still, he's now a Champion-level trainer and it would be difficult to reset him down, as the only way they can do so is with a hard reboot of the entire anime continuity.
Gee, if only they had him battle with/against new pokemon he's never seen before so he has no idea how to use/fight them, against people he's never met before who do

Ya know, that thing they've been doing for 25+years?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Gee, if only they had him battle with/against new pokemon he's never seen before so he has no idea how to use/fight them, against people he's never met before who do

The only time that's ever truly worked against Ash was when he fought Harrison in the jouto league, any other time Ash has fought something he's never seen before he can more often than not, beat it.

Heck I tried using that as an argument for why Iris Dragonite lost to Dracovish but no one likes or buys it.
Ya know, that thing they've been doing for 25+years?

Yeah and with where the writers are taking Ash right now, it's boring, and bad writing to reset him again unless they just go hardcore reboot.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Then let them be wrong and congratulate yourself on your insight, you've earned that much

if any of iris fans come in here and see your post, i'm not being held responsible if they attack.

In any case, that still doesn't change the point, sure are there are sometimes when you face something new it can catch you off guard, but it's few and far between.

Heck think about last week and Altaria, ash had NO idea that Altaria became part fairy when it mega evolved, but despite not seeing that coming he still persevered.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Y’all better wake up and realize that Chloe is taking Ash’s spot

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Both a reset and a reboot are terrible ideas. The former is self-explanatory, and the latter is only going to leave viewers with a sense of "what was the point of it all" especially if it happens right after Ash's biggest milestone.

The only proper and least jarring way is to move forward in the same continuity and end the eternal summer, a time skip that is. Use the time skip series as a means of passing the torch to the next generation by easing them into it rather than making sudden jumps in progression.

Ashton Ketchum

As Lisia said about her plans to make with Serena a idol group, it’s makes me wonder. We will get a girl spin off series? Or, even more. After Journeys, Pokemon anime series will split into several pieces. First piece/series - SM-Journeys-like series (for kids). Second - more serious, mature and XYZ-like (for teens and adults). Third - right with idol group (for girls).

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
As Lisia said about her plans to make with Serena a idol group, it’s makes me wonder. We will get a girl spin off series? Or, even more. After Journeys, Pokemon anime series will split into several pieces. First piece/series - SM-Journeys-like series (for kids). Second - more serious, mature and XYZ-like (for teens and adults). Third - right with idol group (for girls).
I'd watch the hell out of an idol series consisting of Koharu, Lisia and Serena over any of the Ash battle centric series lol. It could be a K-On like series.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
So far chloe has met with dawn and serena both are coordinators, I do think they are setting her as a fe idol or performer of some kind.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
So far chloe has met with dawn and serena both are coordinators, I do think they are setting her as a fe idol or performer of some kind.
They didnt even refer Serena as a cordinator in the recent ep. They called her a performer. If I am not mistaken..

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Both a reset and a reboot are terrible ideas. The former is self-explanatory, and the latter is only going to leave viewers with a sense of "what was the point of it all" especially if it happens right after Ash's biggest milestone.

both would probably have people thinking that.

the reboot though would be the lesser of the two evils, since it would prevent the current Ash from being forced to be reset which to me would be the worst option between the two.

either way it's because we have some people who don't want ash to leave, claiming they either care for him, which if they did they should want the guy to move on to bigger and better things even if it means letting him go, or clinging to his ambiguous goal which he doesn't even know the end game for, which at this point is a lame reason to keep him around as MC.

At the same time several people have come to either dislike Ash, or feel he's become stagnant due to the numerous times he's been reset, though since they didn't do it fully this time, gave him powerful pokemon that fit what his skill would be if he wasn't hit by that, and battling and beating people we never thought he'd touch let alone beat, he's becoming a champion level trainer that's not going to be easy to reset without it looking like bad writing that would make unova look good.

As far as Pikachu goes, it may be iconic, but it's not the most popular pokemon, Eevee has pretty much joined it with how the two get promoted together, and there are others too like Greninja who i know are more popular.

Heck if the rival schools thing in gen 9 was applied, you could have 1 lead from each school, one with a Pikachu and the other with an Eevee.

The only proper and least jarring way is to move forward in the same continuity and end the eternal summer, a time skip that is. Use the time skip series as a means of passing the torch to the next generation by easing them into it rather than making sudden jumps in progression.

Or have Ash mentor a new lead who is more battle focused than Goh was while he continues the PWC and they do gen 9's thing, be it gyms or something else.

but that's more for those who don't want the guy to leave.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

I don't see why a full reboot is a bad idea. If Ash wins the PWC, they can easily write it in a way to say he's accomplished what he always wanted to, alongside showing all other characters accomplishing their goals as well (and writing out TR). Cue a timeskip as an epilogue if they need to show Ash and Serena being the endgame as they intended.

A new generation still means you have to follow the same rules established in the universe and such sequels are notorious for nerfing older characters as a way to push the new generation. A full reboot offers more originality where the writers can shape up everything from scratch. It can be like what Steel Ball Run did for Jojo.

LeNewbiee

Why are people worried how Ash will turn into next season given he wins the WCS?

The series has endless possibilities when it comes to the storyline. There are more regions out there and we could simply say that there might be secret powerful trainers out there far stronger than Ash that he has yet to meet. Hell, we don't even know if his father is actually the strongest trainer in the world.

Also, they haven't even made a villain region champion, that's already a storyline in itself.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Why are people worried how Ash will turn into next season given he wins the WCS?

it's not about him staying so much as what they do with him, if they keep him like journeys has done it's one thing, but sending him back to only using newbies to go do a gym circuit would be regression after beating multiple champion level trainers.
The series has endless possibilities when it comes to the storyline. There are more regions out there and we could simply say that there might be secret powerful trainers out there far stronger than Ash that he has yet to meet.

While it's true there are likely more powerful and skilled trainers out there, i don't think an entire region of people would be able to challenge Ash with where he's at right now.

A few people sure, but not a every single person.

Kinda semi related, but if any of you were capable of it, would you have changed JN?

No, because things would likely be made worse.

a person can say they can do better, but what they do wouldn't appease everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.