• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Theoretically the series should just throw Ash out of here. I know people are gonna say “well there is always new stuff to explore!” and that’s true but after he defeats Leon almost any battle he loses would come off as weird. Leon is undefeated and I assume that’s gonna apply to Ash as well. Sure Ash could just start with a new team and start over but at that point why not replace?

Belowski

Theoretically the series should just throw Ash out of here. I know people are gonna say “well there is always new stuff to explore!” and that’s true but after he defeats Leon almost any battle he loses would come off as weird. Leon is undefeated and I assume that’s gonna apply to Ash as well. Sure Ash could just start with a new team and start over but at that point why not replace?
The difference between Ash and Leon is that Leon has never lost a Pokemon battle in his entire career as a trainer, not just after becoming Champion. He's never lost period.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
There is some story potential seeing what Ash does after winning the PWC. Seeing him trying to figure out what to do next or find a new challenge might be interesting.
It wouldn't be engaging enough to carry three years, so if they were going to do that I believe that they would introduce a brand new protagonist and have Ash demoted to a supporting role as a mentor for the new main character.

Broseph08

The difference between Ash and Leon is that Leon has never lost a Pokemon battle in his entire career as a trainer, not just after becoming Champion. He's never lost period.
That's in the game. In the games, Leon became champion at 10 and never lost a battle (I'm 99% sure he's meant to represent a former protagonist honestly) but the anime didn't follow that. According to the anime flashbacks, he still had a Charmeleon as a teenager so he probably didn't become undefeated until becoming champ.

That said, Ash is sticking around. I think they'd do a full reboot of Ash and Pikachu in the new region before using a new protagonist

World Turtle

A full reboot would mean wiping everything previously done away right? I’m not sure how to feel about that. I kind of want to see what Ash does next after winning the PWC. Well less him and hopefully seeing him bringing back all his Pokemon as the Pokemon of the Day each episode.

Like seriously, Ash has 50+ Pokemon. That's 50 episodes that can write themselves (more if you give certain ones multiple evolution episodes) if you make them the main focus or at least the hero of the episode who stops JJM's evil plot of the day.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
After the Digimon Adventure reboot, I feel very wary of reboots of properties like this in general.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Exactly this and the reason why Ash leaving needs to happen.

Can I still remember you guys he lasted for at least 8 series? I am sure the new kids are still struggling about who he is and were tf he came from aside from good old Masara Town Satoshi-kun~

World Turtle

Exactly this and the reason why Ash leaving needs to happen.

Can I still remember you guys he lasted for at least 8 series? I am sure the new kids are still struggling about who he is and were tf he came from aside from good old Masara Town Satoshi-kun~
I would like Ash to leave, but I still want a last hurrah for all of his Pokemon. Gen 9 could serve as an epilogue saga for them.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Story complications aside regarding the difficulties of story/progression execution regardless if he wins or not, the whole series still seems like a last hurrah for Ash even taking out the whole PWC goal. We've gotten so many re-encounters so far, literally all companions outside of Max have appeared in some shape or form, and most of them have appeared in person. We're even seeing old major rivals return and scenes of old Pokemon. Sure they could've done the "last hurrah" better with some of his older Pokemon probably being used more often and better pacing, but IMO it would be really weird to have another season with this many "last hurrah" vibes. Not to mention that having another "last hurrah" season right after this "last hurrah" season would create some skepticism about if it would actually be a "last hurrah".

World Turtle

Well There is still Team Rocket to deal with. Kind of seems odd to end things with Ash and not see the last and original evil team defeated. Though that could be saved for a movie.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Well There is still Team Rocket to deal with. Kind of seems odd to end things with Ash and not see the last and original evil team defeated. Though that could be saved for a movie.
Well, it seems to be that Team Rocket has been somewhat been shrinking a bit.

And one has to wonder if Giovanni decided to scale back his operations after noticing the damaging bills that a 10 year old has been causing him that is not just Jessie and James related stuff.

SatoSereFan224888

The fact that he said battling Leon is a step closer to his dream. Like come on guys, they basically spelled it out that ash isn't leaving after JN
Honestly Ash winning the PWC is the closest he’s ever going to become a master. It’s really time for a new hero.

SatoSereFan224888

I want a new protagonist too. But no point in getting you hopes up when the series basically confirmed he is staying put for now
He can have his own series called “Champion Journeys” that would air on YouTube twice a month. He’ll be older and face trainers he never battled before who he thinks are worthy of challenging.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
It depends on how you define “leaving.”

This could be a DB -> DBZ style transition. Ash doesn’t leave, but we have a time skip and age up to an adult Ash. Maybe we follow a next generation while Ash and company still play a big role in the series. Or the show could be ending in a way that implies the story continues.

But showing that Ash is inspiring Leon and proving that he hasn’t run out of challenges is not definitive proof that the show will stick to the status quo. It’s still a possibility, but I rate it as a lower chance of happening.

I would be more apt to agree with you @Gingertail24 if JN wasn’t also bringing closure to some outstanding storylines and showing Ash’s former companions achieving or close to achieving their goals. Today’s episode (which I haven’t watched, but have seen the review thread) only reinforces that view in my opinion.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
There's really nothing for Ash to do at this point aside from mentoring a new trainer who would eventually take over the role of main protagonist. I believe that if they were going to keep the status quo they wouldn't have even made Journeys to begin with and instead would have created a Galar-centric saga where Ash competes in the Galar League. The only way to keep Ash adventuring on to new regions is with a hard reboot where Ash is sent all the way back to the very beginning of his journey and all his progress, achievements, and Pokemon (aside from Pikachu of course) are erased completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.