• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
While assuming that Pocket Monsters (2019) ends, what is this Future of Pokemon Anime will be? Will Ash Ketchum continue his adventure as usual, how will Goh part way with Ash Ketchum? Will Chloe be a Pokemon trainer?
What about Team Rocket?
Discuss your prediction of the future Pokemon anime, please.

RULES:

Rule #1: No shipping war please.
Rule #2: No Character bashing.
Rule #3: Please watch what you say.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash and Team Rocket will stay, stuck in their endless cycle.
Goh and Koharu will most likely leave after this series ends.
It'll be more of the same since the end of Johto sadly.

Ash and Team Rocket will stay, stuck in their endless cycle.
Goh and Koharu will most likely leave after this series ends.
It'll be more of the same since the end of Johto sadly.
Exactly. I wonder what it will change after Pokemon Journeys ends, I am here to speculate what a Gen 9th Pokemon Region look like after Pokemon Journeys ends.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I really have a feeling that Ash will leave after Journeys. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. Maybe it's just pity on him. But I think that setting makes him leaving possible.

I will heavily dislike it if ... this is his end. But it is what it is.
If they were to get rid of Ash, that should’ve happened a long time ago. Too late for that as he’s now an iconic figure and a strong marketing tool for the pokemon franchise. He’s likely never leaving. They’ll just come up with whatever to keep it going.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Say what you will of SM, there's no denying the fact that it finally broke the stagnancy surrounding the anime for a long time, breaking the same old story pattern and setting Ash of on a new path. Say what you will of the Alola league, but it is an official Pokémon league ash finally won, setting him on a new path
The writers clearly show Ash taking the next step towards his goal of a Pokémon master. He is actually portrayed as a veteran strong trainer in the start of the series, instead of Ash and Pikachu losing against an elekid, snivy or a surskit or struggling against mimikyu, this series right off the bat has them completely trounce a Tyranitar and Gyarados, showing them as strong off the bat and being a mentor to the rookie Goh, him easily winning his way through a tournament and his first capture being a freaking dragonite. Then they set up his endgame goal of beating Leon, who's not only a champion, but a world champion, the strongest trainer in the world by the narrative (rip Cynthia fans). This series has clearly set up for ash to take on Leon and defeat him by the end of the series, becoming the world's strongest trainer. However unlike what others imply, this isn't the end of his journey simply coz they brought up in this series being a Pokémon master isn't just being best at battling and that beating Leon would be another step for his goal. So clearly Ash continues for atleast one more series. However as SM shows, Ash winning the PWC would more heavily change his story path and dynamic as the series goes on. He would be the world's strongest trainer, even if he isn't shown defeating Cynthia and all, by the narrative, becoming the world champion and beating Leon helps him become the strongest trainer. Clearly a huge shift in story would be required to carry Ash forward as they have gone away with just rebooting him. Personally I would like to see his next journey revolve around him pondering on what a Pokémon master is for him, being bored after being the world's strongest, and I hope the next series would be his last. But more likely he just gets another plot in the Gen 9 games that is battle focused to do, although what could top the PWC in terms of lore

Chloe is definitely leaving after the series ends, I can see her becoming a research partner and helping her dad with his book in the end.

For Goh, I'm mixed. On one hand people do think he would leave, he has a gen 8 Mon as his starter, he has an engdame goal potentially set up with Sonia in darkest day. But on the other hand, Goh seems like such a pivotal character on his own. His name, Goh, representing such an important part of the franchise now, his goal being large enough to continue on if they wanted. Cinderace always had an arc of wanting to protect lesser mons, maybe in the end of Journeys Goh releases Cinderace to do that and so in the next series his mascot can be a Gen 9 Mon. I can easily see both options happening, although I am more on the train of Goh leaving considering the Sonia goal, I personally hope we don't have that much Pokémon Go representation in the anime moving forward, although I do like the idea of the anime now promoting the franchise as a whole instead of just the new games.

Whatever is in the future, it definitely isn't predictable as it once was and would really shake things up!

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
The series rebranding, going back to "Pokemon" is what has me most confused, it's the kind of tittle you give a reboot. It gives the impression of a new beginning, which for Goh and Koharu it is, but since they are likely only here for this series, it would make no sense to rebrand simply for them.

I considered that it may just be in celebration of the 25th anniversary, which they are further hyping by including pokemon and characters from the series entire history, but wouldn't a name like "world series" or something convey that better?

If the plan is to have Ash win here then settle into something more mundane/ get rebooted, then wouldn't it have made more sense to use the "Pokemon" title for next series? Maybe they go back to using the Gen games name?

Maybe Goh and Koharu remain constant characters through each generation rather than having Ash rotate companions? It may offer a more stable viewer experience, rather than trading out fans each series.

BobbbidyBob

Ash starts growing a moustache.
Ehem. Apart from that,
I agree with what the rest are saying. Goh is very much staying as a second protagonist it seems.

Mew29240

I'm of the mind that the Journeys setting will stick around for a while. The branding, broad goals of its main characters that encompass the two major aspects of the franchise (catching and battling), and setting at Cerise Laboratory that allows the option to go anywhere gives the series everything it needs to last.

Red and Blue

Either they keep the world tour and just add the Gen 9 region and Pokemon to the lineup or Ash just moves on to the new region and do what he has been all these years. Go could stay with him or he will make new allies

TR of course will continue to stalk Ash forever

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I wonder what they would do with Ash's team if the series continued into Gen 9? Though given his team at the moment is just "pokemon I have at the time", it may not feel any different even when he adds on new members. If they stay in Sakuragi park then both Ash and Goh would become characters who pull out episode specific pokemon, which fits the episodic nature but doesn't match with how the show has been distinguishing them so far.

I suppose to me it depends on whether or not the studio intends to continue the episodic format in the future.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ash will continue his journey as usual. We are too far gone for reboots or replacements.

I can see Goh sticking around. Maybe even Chloe since Eevee is being were sold as a second mascot on LGPE. Hers being unable to evolve even gives this idea some credence but we'll see

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The series rebranding, going back to "Pokemon" is what has me most confused, it's the kind of tittle you give a reboot. It gives the impression of a new beginning, which for Goh and Koharu it is, but since they are likely only here for this series, it would make no sense to rebrand simply for them.

Yeah, this is an important point, and throwing around this "Pokemon Journies" dub title like the creative staff actually just threw a subtitle on to the name of the main title of the show like they did every other time is hurting the question a bit. They went back to just calling the show plain old "Pocket Monsters" again, so is there GOING to be anything after it? And if so, are they just going to call it "Pocket Monsters: (some subtitle)" after gen 8 ends? That would just make going back to a subtitleless title like that feel even more weird.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
While assuming that Pocket Monsters (2019) ends, what is this Future of Pokemon Anime will be? Will Ash Ketchum continue his adventure as usual, how will Goh part way with Ash Ketchum? Will Chloe be a Pokemon trainer?
What about Team Rocket?
Discuss your prediction of the future Pokemon anime, please.
Future of Pokemon anime will be same as future from OS to AG, AG to DP, DP to BW etc. Yes, he will continue after JN. Go can part away after JN or even later, or he can stick with Ash while third party (Gen 9 or Gen 10) joins them.
I don't think Chloe will be trainer.
TR will stick as long as Ash is there. Ash depends on Pikachu and Pikachu is a mascot.
AU Ash can replace main Ash in future after he becomes Pokemon Master, so AU Ash can become Pokemon Master or something else. Ash's dream is to be Pokemon Master until that resolves, Ash is staying. There won't be any new guy replacing Ash. Go isn't replacing Ash because of different goals and popularity and Pikachu

Last edited:
Future of Pokemon anime will be same as future from OS to AG, AG to DP, DP to BW. Yes, he will continue after JN. Go can part away after JN or even later, or he can stick with him while third party (Gen 9 or Gen 10) joins them.
I don't think Chloe will be trainer.
TR will stick as long as Ash is there. Ash depends on Pikachu and Pikachu is a mascot.
AU Ash can replace main Ash in future after he becomes Pokemon Master, so AU Ash can become Pokemon Master or something else. Ash's dream is Pokemon Master until that resolves, Ash is staying. There won't be any new guy replacing Ash. Go isn't replacing Ash because of different goals and popularity.
Hmm okay. I wasn't talking about replacements but what Third party would work as Ash's companions during Gen 9 or Gen 10 region?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
they've had 3 chances to pull the trigger on Ash (DP, XY, and SM) but never took em.

The way the PWC works, Ash could easily stay around and continue to do that, even if he beats Leon, as far as the new stuff getting shown off I think they should bring in another lead and let them be mentored by Ash in full where as Goh is trying to capture pokemon, this new lead could actually challenge gyms with Ash's guidence while he battles in the PWC then end their journey by challenging Ash to a battle.

Of course the problem is that would really only work one time, after that I have no idea.

Say what you will of SM, there's no denying the fact that it finally broke the stagnancy surrounding the anime for a long time, breaking the same old story pattern and setting Ash of on a new path. Say what you will of the Alola league, but it is an official Pokémon league ash finally won, setting him on a new path
The writers clearly show Ash taking the next step towards his goal of a Pokémon master. He is actually portrayed as a veteran strong trainer in the start of the series, instead of Ash and Pikachu losing against an elekid, snivy or a surskit or struggling against mimikyu, this series right off the bat has them completely trounce a Tyranitar and Gyarados, showing them as strong off the bat and being a mentor to the rookie Goh, him easily winning his way through a tournament and his first capture being a freaking dragonite. Then they set up his endgame goal of beating Leon, who's not only a champion, but a world champion, the strongest trainer in the world by the narrative (rip Cynthia fans). This series has clearly set up for ash to take on Leon and defeat him by the end of the series, becoming the world's strongest trainer. However unlike what others imply, this isn't the end of his journey simply coz they brought up in this series being a Pokémon master isn't just being best at battling and that beating Leon would be another step for his goal. So clearly Ash continues for atleast one more series. However as SM shows, Ash winning the PWC would more heavily change his story path and dynamic as the series goes on. He would be the world's strongest trainer, even if he isn't shown defeating Cynthia and all, by the narrative, becoming the world champion and beating Leon helps him become the strongest trainer. Clearly a huge shift in story would be required to carry Ash forward as they have gone away with just rebooting him. Personally I would like to see his next journey revolve around him pondering on what a Pokémon master is for him, being bored after being the world's strongest, and I hope the next series would be his last. But more likely he just gets another plot in the Gen 9 games that is battle focused to do, although what could top the PWC in terms of lore

Chloe is definitely leaving after the series ends, I can see her becoming a research partner and helping her dad with his book in the end.

For Goh, I'm mixed. On one hand people do think he would leave, he has a gen 8 Mon as his starter, he has an engdame goal potentially set up with Sonia in darkest day. But on the other hand, Goh seems like such a pivotal character on his own. His name, Goh, representing such an important part of the franchise now, his goal being large enough to continue on if they wanted. Cinderace always had an arc of wanting to protect lesser mons, maybe in the end of Journeys Goh releases Cinderace to do that and so in the next series his mascot can be a Gen 9 Mon. I can easily see both options happening, although I am more on the train of Goh leaving considering the Sonia goal, I personally hope we don't have that much Pokémon Go representation in the anime moving forward, although I do like the idea of the anime now promoting the franchise as a whole instead of just the new games.

Whatever is in the future, it definitely isn't predictable as it once was and would really shake things up!
Before, I used to criticize the alola league

But I've thought about it a lot and Gladio, Guzman and Kukui, are easily stronger than any other League semifinalist. (Except Tobias and Alain )

1) Tobias
2) Alain // Kukui
3) Gladio
4) Sawyer
5) Guzma

Mew29240

Hmm okay. I wasn't talking about replacements but what Third party would work as Ash's companions during Gen 9 or Gen 10 region?

Assuming they keep the Cerise Institute as the main setting, I can see them doing extended trips to whatever new region is around (like with Galar, but more) and have Prof. Cerise appoint a local who's knowledgeable of the region to tag along Ash/Goh/Chloe whenever they visit as a guide. This could be anyone like a notable NPC, the player character for that game, Gym Leaders, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.