• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yeah, It feels like Ash should have retired after the end of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Then Ash would be replaced with a Generic Trainer is known as Joey who starts out with an Unova Starter and this Hypothetical "Joey" would go around for like 100 new Episodes until when they get to Unova Pokemon league.
But no, they had to keep Ash in Pokemon Anime because of marketing and is an iconic figure too.
They might have to because eventually Ash's list of achievements will grow so massive that he would no longer to justifiably make "newbie mistakes" without full on rebooting the entire continuity of the anime. And at that point, Ash would be no different from a new protagonist because this wouldn't be the same Ash that we've seen for nearly two and a half decades.

They might have to because eventually Ash's list of achievements will grow so massive that he would no longer to justifiably make "newbie mistakes" without full on rebooting the entire continuity of the anime. And at that point, Ash would be no different from a new protagonist because this wouldn't be the same Ash that we've seen for nearly two and a half decades.
True but what will they replace Team Rocket if Ash leaves at the end of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl with?

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
The final boss of this series is apparently a Gen 8 charachter who uses a Gen 8 dynamic.

How do you introduce the Gen 9 after that then?

Unless that new region is like Alola which did not have a league or else it's a region so obscure and brutal that is only recomended for really advance trainers.

If Journeys is expanded how do you input that new region, his new mechanics, people and Pokemon?

It's really weird, this is different and I'm scared and hopefull at the same time.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The final boss of this series is apparently a Gen 8 charachter who uses a Gen 8 dynamic.

How do you introduce the Gen 9 after that then?

Unless that new region is like Alola which did not have a league or else it's a region so obscure and brutal that is only recomended for really advance trainers.

If Journeys is expanded how do you input that new region, his new mechanics, people and Pokemon?

It's really weird, this is different and I'm scared and hopefull at the same time.
I don't know. It would be hard to continue the PWC into Gen 9.

santiagus

Team Rocket might stick around after the protagonist switch in order to offer old fans some degree of familiarity.
Team Rocket without Pikachu... Would be weird.

santiagus

The new protagonist might have a Pikachu of their own.

There is a question that I always had in my mind:

Is having a Pikachu that important?

I mean in the Pokemon Manga Pikachu has not appear since ever, in the games Pikachu is kinda secondary if you think about it also you have the Pikaclones . He is the main mascot but I'm sure there is no need to have a Pikachu as a protagonist anymore. Even in Pokemon Origins Pikachu just had a cameo.

It's not like the Pokemon World revolves arround him and let's face it. Pikachu merchandising will always exist and have good sellings anime or not.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Replacing Ash is dumb because a new protagonist would more than likely be a copy of him which would make the replacement pointless.
At least they would be able to have the protag make dumb "newbie mistakes" without potentially wrecking nearly two and a half decades worth of continuity.

DuskAstral

If for some reason gen 9 is this year(wouldn't be surprised) they could easily continue with the anime and just show the next gen Pokemon and characters then Ash defeats Leon and they move to something about gen 9
The 9th generation cannot be this year, as not much time has passed since the 8th release. At least 3 years have always passed between each generation.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The 9th generation cannot be this year, as not much time has passed since the 8th release. At least 3 years have always passed between each generation.
They can easily break this, especially with the anniversary this year.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
The thing is, though, that Pokémon Sword and Shield are the best selling games since Gold and Silver and could possibly even surpass that by the end of the year or by next year if the Gen 9 games are not released until next year at the earliest. While they could release Gen 9 games this year, I wonder if they won't wait for Gen 9 for a bit since Sword and Shield have sold so well and may continue to do so.

Jibanyan

The thing is, though, that Pokémon Sword and Shield are the best selling games since Gold and Silver and could possibly even surpass that by the end of the year or by next year if the Gen 9 games are not released until next year at the earliest. While they could release Gen 9 games this year, I wonder if they won't wait for Gen 9 for a bit since Sword and Shield have sold so well and may continue to do so.
its not like old Pokemon games don't continue to sell and Nintendo games like Pokemon don't drop in price

Replacing Ash is dumb because a new protagonist would more than likely be a copy of him which would make the replacement pointless.
How so? if this were the case then Ash would have ended his journeys but I doubt that Replacement would be a copy of Ash, So let alone Red appearing in Main Pokemon Anime, that will leave it to other Pokemon Animes.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
The new protagonist might have a Pikachu of their own.
That would be bad. And nowhere near as iconic as Ash and Pikachu. What's point of giving new guy Pikachu while Ash exists...
Nope, Gen 9 will be in 3-4 years, so next year or 2023.. I think it'd be 4 years, TBH.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That would be bad. And nowhere near as iconic as Ash and Pikachu. What's point of giving new guy Pikachu while Ash exists...

Nope, Gen 9 will be in 3-4 years, so next year or 2023.. I think it'd be 4 years, TBH.
I don't think that Gen 9 is gonna be a four year gen unless the 2021 main series games are delayed to 2022 because of the pandemic.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Since I had no idea where to post it here since there is no music speculation thread...

I think one of the next versions of 1 2 3 will be sang by a duo of Shoko Nakagawa and maybe a male vocal. Either Tomohisa Sako, if he isn't so busy or Taiiku Okazaki. Alternatively, it can be another female duo (the first two were two guys and the current one is two girls so it may be a pattern). The Rika Matsumoto/Daiki Yamashita duet would come closer to the generational shift where I assume they'll decide to change the song.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I still stand by that JN shouldn't be Ash's final saga, atmost, his penultimate saga with the next being the finale. He clearly stated becoming the strongest trainer in the world isn't his dream so even if he beats Leon and earns that title (which I feel is likely), his journey isn't over.

Also I apologize for derailing the thread by going off topic, I'd pm him instead of pointlessly continuing it in a thread it doesn't belong

Status
Not open for further replies.