• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Since I had no idea where to post it here since there is no music speculation thread...

I think one of the next versions of 1 2 3 will be sang by a duo of Shoko Nakagawa and maybe a male vocal. Either Tomohisa Sako, if he isn't so busy or Taiiku Okazaki.

It's been like three years since Sako last did anything related to Pokemon, I wouldn't hold my breath in hopes of him coming back.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I dunno, he seemed so much more involved even after XY (he's composed the first SM opening theme) I thought he could be one of those who could make a surprise return at some point.

Never was holding my breath but just speculating since they could promote this hypothetical team like "super fans of pokémon doing the next version" and something like that. Unless they've done that with the Karaage sisters already.

Cris07N

Que Goh y Koharu se van después de que termine esta serie probablemente pase
aunque el anime puede ser inesperado.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I’m late with this but please stop “experimenting” and go back to whatever the era of OS-DP (BW?) is considered. I get that SM and PK19 are suppose to experimental but I’m good with the “normal and boring formula”
There’s no turning back after SM’s ending. After what the latter gave us, there’s no possible way to return to the original formula. It’ll be extremely regressive at that point and would be no better than BW’s soft reset. No matter what you say, it’s simply impossible.

PsychoLogical

This is a matter of your personal opinion.
It technically isn’t. You seriously expect them to go back to what the anime originally was after what SM gave us at around the end? Forget it. You can’t go back the way it originally was after that without fking it up and not make it BW 2.0 which would be worse in regression of progress. Just face it, it’s the reality of it, no point in denying it. We’re never going back.

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
It technically isn’t. You seriously expect them to go back to what the anime originally was after what SM gave us at around the end? Forget it. You can’t go back the way it originally was after that without fking it up and not make it BW 2.0 which would be worse in regression of progress. Just face it, it’s the reality of it, no point in denying it. We’re never going back.
Of course we can and going back to orig. Formula isnt BW 2.0.
They can easily acknowledge that alola wasnt a tough one where everyone was new so ash has to beat a stronger league and then trio journey could start again like sweet old days

PsychoLogical

Of course we can and going back to orig. Formula isnt BW 2.0.
They can easily acknowledge that alola wasnt a tough one where everyone was new so ash has to beat a stronger league and then trio journey could start again like sweet old days
That’s not how it works. Your headcanons aren’t going to help.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi won something that was called a league back in 2000, and that didn't stop them from having him go on badge quests to enter massive regional tournaments with strict regulations for entry another 5 times after that.

inb4 "but that was entirely different because THAT thing that was called a league didn't have the name of a region that exists in a video game in its name".

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Satoshi won something that was called a league back in 2000, and that didn't stop them from having him go on badge quests to enter massive regional tournaments with strict regulations for entry another 5 times after that.

inb4 "but that was entirely different because THAT thing that was called a league didn't have the name of a region that exists in a video game in its name".
The Orange Islands are a cultural backwater in Pokemon. Its like some kid in a small town winning a local championship and thinking they are on par with their country's Olympians.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Orange Islands are a cultural backwater in Pokemon. Its like some kid in a small town winning a local championship and thinking they are on par with their country's Olympians.
That, and it wasn't structured in the form of a tournament unlike the other Leagues, so I personally consider Satoshi winning it to be too minor of an achievement in the grand scheme of things. But that aside, I think that they could've easily had Satoshi collect badges in this series regardless of his Alola League win.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That, and it wasn't structured in the form of a tournament unlike the other Leagues, so I personally consider Satoshi winning it to be too minor of an achievement in the grand scheme of things. But that aside, I think that they could've easily had Satoshi collect badges in this series regardless of his Alola League win.
Yeah, it wasn't that impressive. We don't really even know where Drake stands compared to the likes of powerful trainers like Brandon, Cynthia, and Lance.

The Battle Frontier is still Ash's best accomplishment, every battle was against a very powerful opponent that pushed him and it took his strongest Pokemon to pull off. Regardless of opinions on the Alola League, it pales in comparison to that. I hope the PWC can be an equally impressive or even greater feat, but they really need to get started on having Ash fight the Galar characters and even potentially E4 members like Wikstrom, maybe even a rematch with Brandon utilizing the new Regi/Regigigas too. Nothing thus far has been really impressive, not that the battles aren't good(I'm a BIG fan of the Korrina fight after all), they're just not as impressive as his feats over Brandon, Anabel, Noland, Spencer, etc

I don't want his battle with Leon being the only notable one, I wanna have Ash feel like he truly deserves the title of World Champion

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
For all we know we could have the Leon vs Ash fight where Ash loses and Leon says “you should keep training and see the world more to get stronger”—> gen 10 where ash could decide to do a league or whatever. I mean they haven’t even mentioned his “league” win anyway
They don’t even need to do that. The PWC is just a competition of 10k trainers...hardly “worldly” It honestly reminds me of how each DBZ had something in the title about “strongest enemy in the universe” only to introduce another supposed strongest soon after. The PWC surely is missing out on badge collecting trainers and Frontier challengers. Dande is the world champ of 10k registered trainers who compete in this competition while missing out on an assortment of gym leaders, former rivals and champions.

Morax

King of heroes
They don’t even need to do that. The PWC is just a competition of 10k trainers...hardly “worldly” It honestly reminds me of how each DBZ had something in the title about “strongest enemy in the universe” only to introduce another supposed strongest soon after. The PWC surely is missing out on badge collecting trainers and Frontier challengers. Dande is the world champ of 10k registered trainers who compete in this competition while missing out on an assortment of gym leaders, former rivals and champions.
It's a kids show, don't expect that amount of detail. When they said "world champion" they meant the strongest guy in the world, period.

10k At the time Ash was signing up, we don't know if it's 100k or more now

I am not one of those who thinks that BF is Ash's best title so far, most of the brains on the frontier except Brandon would lose to Kukui and Gladio, plus Ash had to lose Brandon to win on the third try. In a Pokémon league, this doesn't happen, in a Pokémon league if you lose a battle, bye bye

Morax

King of heroes
10k At the time Ash was signing up, we don't know if it's 100k or more now

I am not one of those who thinks that BF is Ash's best title so far, most of the brains on the frontier except Brandon would lose to Kukui and Gladio, plus Ash had to lose Brandon to win on the third try. In a Pokémon league, this doesn't happen, in a Pokémon league if you lose a battle, bye bye
This "only 10k" argument sounds like nitpicking, honestly. A lot of things in this anime don't make sense when you try to comprehensively analyze them. Just a few from SM :
why is tapu koko interested in ash of all people ?
why were the semi-finals and finals 2v2 and 3v3 respectively and not 6v6 ?
when exactly did misty and brock master mega evolution ?
why did guzzlord appear after the finals ( why not before that ) ?
why did melmetal evolve specifically before the finals ?
how the hell did torracat absorb that blast burn ?
why did nagandel appear right before his fight with kukui ?
why didn't pikashunium Z appear often, how does ash know to use it ?
why was ash in a dilemma after winning the alola league when he was pretty adamant about travelling when he won the orange league and the battle frontier?
and many more

Status
Not open for further replies.