• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuskAstral

If Ash won the PWC, what would he do?
Satoshi theoretically wins (apart from the fact that it's unlikely that he will win the second time), I can't imagine that there is anything bigger than the World Champion.
If he can achieve this goal, I see two options:
1) The anime is over
2) The anime continues, but the main character changes

Ultra Beast Lover

I really don't know how they can go forward. Ash needs some kind of goal that isn't an arbitrary ranking system so gyms would be natural but after winning the league what would be the point? I don't think they'll retire Ash but they might and I hope it's not Go who takes his place.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I really don't know how they can go forward. Ash needs some kind of goal that isn't an arbitrary ranking system so gyms would be natural but after winning the league what would be the point? I don't think they'll retire Ash but they might and I hope it's not Go who takes his place.
Ash has gotten too iconic to be replaced. And he's also basically the anime's biggest marketing tool. If the movies after M19 aren't proof that they refuse to get rid of him then idk what is.

ShadowForce720

Ash has gotten too iconic to be replaced. And he's also basically the anime's biggest marketing tool. If the movies after M19 aren't proof that they refuse to get rid of him then idk what is.
In all honesty with each series that goes by the main anime series changes more and more and some of the changes that wind up happening in more recent series are changes that some people thought would never happen.

The only way Ash doesn’t get replaced eventually is if the franchises ends. As long as Pokémon keeps going and has anime it, won’t matter how iconic Ash is there will be the possibility of him getting replaced, aging up, etc.

It doesn’t matter how iconic something is eventually things change regardless of whether they are wanted changes or not.

That's the thing gentleman it basically depends on generation nine and how Nintendo is going to present it.
But with the PWC being based on the sword and shield ranking system, this is probably going to be its only appearance
Yeah. PWC could be a one-series-only thing when it comes to Pokemon Journeys, I don't know if it will make a re-appearance in a Pokemon Gen 9 anime after Pokemon Journeys.

D

Deleted member 384931

What if they make him a recurring character in the next one? I dont see him doing badges again, that time feels over.
A new MC with Satoshi giving advice along the way (his son/daughter maybe). Even if he doesnt become world champion there isnt alot he can be taught battle wise.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That's the thing gentleman it basically depends on generation nine and how Nintendo is going to present it.
But with the PWC being based on the sword and shield ranking system, this is probably going to be its only appearance
I think the PWC, or a variantion of it, is staying. Competitive is still a significant part of the franchise, particulary the games and since we've been having game world championships for a while now, I think that part is staying. What might change is the rankings or requirements to face tougher foes but the concept itself can last for as long as they see fit.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Satoshi theoretically wins (apart from the fact that it's unlikely that he will win the second time), I can't imagine that there is anything bigger than the World Champion.
If he can achieve this goal, I see two options:
1) The anime is over
2) The anime continues, but the main character changes
The PWC stays, but with gen 9 characters added.
Gen 9 goes back to gyms, but they are on a different level to everything that came before.
Gen 9 provides an alternative challenge to gyms.
Gen 9 has regular gyms, but Ash is reset.
Gen 9 has Ash act as a mentor to someone else who becomes the primary battler.

I doubt the anime is ending or that Ash is leaving.

Ultra Beast Lover

Seeing Ash in a mentor role is something older fans have wanted. He's had moments but they were always really small. And it is Ash so it could take another twenty years for him to get it right, and even then he'll struggle. Besides, I haven't seen this really done in too many shows with the main lead. Usually the story ends with the rookie no longer being a rookie or it begins with the main protagonist being an expert and part of the story is getting the rookie on their level.

DuskAstral

Gen 9 goes back to gyms, but they are on a different level to everything that came before.

Gen 9 has regular gyms, but Ash is reset.
Satoshi has already won the league so going back to the Gym challenge is completely pointless.
In my opinion, the most likely option is that Satoshi will lose the official fight against Dande and sign up for the next season.

Satoshi has already won the league so going back to the Gym challenge is completely pointless.
In my opinion, the most likely option is that Satoshi will lose the official fight against Dande and sign up for the next season.
That's something I want but since Ash won the Alola league which I'm not a huge fan of it (Alola Region is my least favorite region actually but at least ash did win it there), Does that mean there is no more Gym challenge for now?

AsH KetcHHup

That's something I want but since Ash won the Alola league which I'm not a huge fan of it (Alola Region is my least favorite region actually but at least ash did win it there), Does that mean there is no more Gym challenge for now?
Only time will tell but I don't think the gym challenge is dead. Also depends on what the gen 9 game is like.

desdar300

I think the PWC, or a variantion of it, is staying. Competitive is still a significant part of the franchise, particulary the games and since we've been having game world championships for a while now, I think that part is staying. What might change is the rankings or requirements to face tougher foes but the concept itself can last for as long as they see fit.
Competing is a big part of the series but they typically have Ash do whatever the player does in their specific generation.
In G8 it was about competing to become the strongest which is why the swsh ranking system is being used as the Catalyst for the PWC and Leon is the final boss.
That's why I think we have to wait until generation 9 to really give a definitive statement because we don't know how gyms or the league function

Last edited:

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Ash winning the PWC means he is the champion of champions, but that doesn't mean he is a Pokemon Master (whatever that is). It seems that becoming a Pokemon Master is not only battling, it probably means bonding with different kinds of Pokemon and exploring the Pokemon world. I guess that's why Ash says that going to a new region is another path for him to become a Pokemon Master.

Also, him losing against Leon doesn't mean the PWC is over.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Ash beats Leon, Ash loses to Gen. 9 champion due to a new mechanic, Ash leaves WCS to train the new Gen. 9 mechanic, a new companion competing in the League joins him, Ash challenges the E4s to battle the Gen. 9 champion...

Or they can just simply reset Pikachu again...

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Ash beats Leon, Ash loses to Gen. 9 champion due to a new mechanic, Ash leaves WCS to train the new Gen. 9 mechanic, a new companion competing in the League joins him, Ash challenges the E4s to battle the Gen. 9 champion...

Or they can just simply reset Pikachu again...

Like that worked in BW. If there's one mistake that the writers regret is BW anime.

Decidueye23

I dont understand one thing. So if Ash reaches the masters 8 and loses against leon, then does he automatically go back to ground zero. Is that how it works. Wouldnt he still be 2 in the master 8? Or is the entire ranking dissolvef and everyone starts anew?

One thing i feel is that the Ash is too iconic to not be in the show if the show is set in the same continuity. So either a reboot or Journeys just continues with Gen 9 stuff. Maybe Ash loses this season off WCS and next season has him challenge various gen 9 trainers or whatever. Idk.

DuskAstral

I dont understand one thing. So if Ash reaches the masters 8 and loses against leon, then does he automatically go back to ground zero. Is that how it works. Wouldnt he still be 2 in the master 8? Or is the entire ranking dissolvef and everyone starts anew?
In case of a loss, I think Satoshi will still be 2nd in the Master Class. It would be a little pointless if he had to drop back to the lowest class

Status
Not open for further replies.