• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Sword master zacian

I think the masters 8 are kinda easy to fighure out by looking at silohutte as it seems the some character design matches the silohutte design
Leon,raihan,lance we already know
Next nessa
Cynthia
Steven
Lusamine
Giovanni
Check out the video of treman1 on youtube of prediction of master 8 trainer
It kinda made me think that idea

ShadowForce720

I think the masters 8 are kinda easy to fighure out by looking at silohutte as it seems the some character design matches the silohutte design
Next nessa
Cynthia
Steven
Lusamine
Giovanni

Outside of Leon, Lance, and Raihan, I don’t think the silhouettes can really be used to say for sure who the remaining 5 characters are as they could easily be just generic silhouettes.

Mew29240

Next nessa
Cynthia
Steven
Lusamine
Giovanni

I'm not keen on using silhouettes for possible candidates besides the obvious ones.

Why should Lusamine be involved? She was with Lillie and Gladion searching for her Mohn at the end of SM and has shown multiple times over the course of that series that she has no time for battling, especially for something as involved as PWC.

A similar train of thought applies for Giovanni as well. He's too involved in leading Team Rocket to consider the tournament. He's better off plotting the world-threatening disaster that'll show up as some point in the series. Maybe he can partner up with Rose or something?

I think it'sa fair guess to think that most of the Champions will be in the Top 8 (Lance counting for both Kanto and Johto despite no longer being Champion). So that would include Lance, Steven, Cynthia, Alder, and Diantha. Including Leon and Raihan (Alola not having a representative), that'll be a total of 7 people. The 8th could be another Galarian Gym Leader, the new Kanto/Johto Champion that dethroned Lancer (not sure if that's accurate, they might've just been referencing his rank in LGPE), a (Galarian) rival for Ash to overcome prior to his entry into the Top 8, or a new anime-exclusive character.

ssquaderi

Due to the hiatus, the season may be severely shortened and a lot of battles will be skipped and Ash will reach the Top 8 much quicker, this might also mean he won't use reserves as it could take a while for an arc for him to realise he needs to use them

Jibanyan

Due to the hiatus, the season may be severely shortened and a lot of battles will be skipped and Ash will reach the Top 8 much quicker, this might also mean he won't use reserves as it could take a while for an arc for him to realise he needs to use them
Or they could cut fillers like next episode or the TR one but if Corona delays next gen games then they still would have time

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I wonder if they will use the time to fix any mistake they may have missed before they air those episodes.
It depends if they have the hardware and software available at home. You obviously can't do much if you don't have a computer that allows you to draw and do your job.

Cradily19

They don't have to cut anything, the gen just started. Most likely if anything they'll be less pointless filler revisiting old regions going forward, which is a good thing. Constantly going back to Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova if nothing important is visited there would be dull anyway.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Iwane still mainly animates on paper so he could technically work on the series from home--or rather, the studio he shares with Asada Yuuji--but quite a few animators for the series animate digitally now, so they'd need the technology.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Iwane still mainly animates on paper so he could technically work on the series from home--or rather, the studio he shares with Asada Yuuji--but quite a few animators for the series animate digitally now, so they'd need the technology.

I assume even if animators did have some type of digital equipment at home it's not something they can use to do their work on.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ssquaderi said:

I wasn't expecting him to use his reserve Pokemon anyway outside of the eventual Dande rematch, but overall I don't think that the hiatus will impact Satoshi's climb into the Top 8 very much. I think some upcoming minor battles might be scrapped, but I still think that Satoshi versus Kibana will happen once the hiatus is over, as that was one of the battles that most fans seemed eager to see in the coming months.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I think they can always go for more two episodes special per weekend, if anything, if they want to catch up. Leon vs Raihan and the sobble/Sonya episodes could be another Galar two parter, since they are apparently keen of these.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DuquÊ? said:
I think they can always go for more two episodes special per weekend, if anything, if they want to catch up. Leon vs Raihan and the sobble/Sonya episodes could be another Galar two parter, since they are apparently keen of these.

Wouldn't that just cause more production problems later down the line, though? Because the studio having to push out two episodes per week just to play catch-up seems like it would put a strain on the production staff. Not to mention that having to juggle time slots would be difficult.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The issue with two-parters is that there's boruto airing before pokémon and personally I'm not a fan of the whole "we get a one-hour this time, then go pre-empty for a week to "pay" for Boruto's lost week we used to get when it was Pokémon and naruto.

You have to pay for the animation software licence and ToonBoom is expensive.

There's another point to factor.

Actually, you might have a license to use the software on multiple devices.

BUT

Letting the staff install the software on their device means that they could use it for other works, for example.

To clarify things more: I'm doing home office. There's some software we use for our daily work. I can't install them on my software because a) confidential company things are tied to the software and license and b) if they consent on me using their software on my PC, it means I can get away with using their software to work for other companies or pretty much do anything freelance and profit from it.

It's all about money, really

Last edited:

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I get the feeling it will **** up the production even more

Having extra time to plan important episodes is always the best. Whatever episodes are already in production will stay in production. Episodes that haven't even been boarded yet will simply be cherry picked from to decide what the staff wants to do in the time they have left. We don't live in the pre-2015 days anymore, the last three series directors--Yajima, Tomiyasu and Kodaira (who was S&M's assistant series director--all have proven how much they want to deliver animation-heavy episodes for climaxes.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Having extra time to plan important episodes is always the best. Whatever episodes are already in production will stay in production. Episodes that haven't even been boarded yet will simply be cherry picked from to decide what the staff wants to do in the time they have left. We don't live in the pre-2015 days anymore, the last three series directors--Yajima, Tomiyasu and Kodaira (who was S&M's assistant series director--all have proven how much they want to deliver animation-heavy episodes for climaxes.
I hope this can help with the production issues, as it's clear things caught up with them even before COVID-19