• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
Pikachu can defeat 3 legendaries at this point on its own

I sort of doubt that. He's a strong Pokemon when the writers need him to be, but I think beating more than one Legendary Pokemon would be tough even for him.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The best dog that couldn't take one braviary despite having type advantage.

Don't see an issue since he'd be in the same team the Charizard that didn't beat a Blaziken despite type advantage is. Or that Greninja who lost to BLAST BURN despite type resistance.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Don't see an issue since he'd be in the same team the Charizard that didn't beat a Blaziken despite type advantage is. Or that Greninja who lost to BLAST BURN despite type resistance.

Big difference both greninja and charizard lost to pokemon who were aces of those trainers, plus they were still able to damage them significantly (to the point that harrison didn't use him in next round resulting in his defeat) whereas baviary was still very much fine to go another round despite the damage, not to mention same braviary was oneshotted during necrozma arc.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
My point is having a loss despite type advantage doesn't mean much.

And if I recall, they did say one of the reasons Charizard lost to Blaziken were fatigue after the fight against Blastoise or some thing like that. Lycanroc had to fight shortly after putting all that effort against Gladion's Lycanroc.

Honestly, I think Lycanroc's decisive victory against his counterpart makes him one of Ash's best.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:

I try not to use type mechanics when thinking about potential match-ups since the writers are generally inconsistent with that. I still find it amusing that Gekkouga lost against Mega Lizardon's Blast Burn, though. Not that it was an unrealistic way of losing since Gekkouga had previously taken a lot of damage, but Blast Burn has become almost like a meme as a result of that battle.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Same here. My coment was more in response to Lycanroc losing to Braviary despite a good showing against Gladion's Lyc and having a type advantage.

And to think all of that started just because I tried joking about Lycanroc being left out the list :p

Sidagam

Would have been good if SM gave us more time with both Melmetal and Naganadel. One's a Mythical and one's an UB. With a few more battles and experience on their records and they could be knocking on the door of a top team for Ash.

I don't think Lycanroc would be out of place on a top team. Ash probably has 10-15 Pokemon at this point that he could make a team of 6 out of and it'd be incredibly solid.

Incineroar needs to be seen in action in its current form before I'd put it i the same level as Infernape or Charizard. Be interesting to see what kind of moveset it would have. I would imagine it'd drop Flame Charge for Darkest Lariat

Ash could beat a team of Legends, but he would need his best and to be at this best. I'd love to see it.

D

Deleted member 384931

I know it wont happen, but what if Ash faced Cynthia?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Would have been good if SM gave us more time with both Melmetal and Naganadel. One's a Mythical and one's an UB. With a few more battles and experience on their records and they could be knocking on the door of a top team for Ash.

I don't think Lycanroc would be out of place on a top team. Ash probably has 10-15 Pokemon at this point that he could make a team of 6 out of and it'd be incredibly solid.

Incineroar needs to be seen in action in its current form before I'd put it i the same level as Infernape or Charizard. Be interesting to see what kind of moveset it would have. I would imagine it'd drop Flame Charge for Darkest Lariat

Ash could beat a team of Legends, but he would need his best and to be at this best. I'd love to see it.

Lycannroc is not a top 10 of ash;s pokemon, top 15 sure but not top 10, melmetal probably will be in top 10 with snorlax, krokodile and probably bulbasaur taking on rest 4 spots. I think melmetal should have atleast drawn with silvally that would have done better to him and naganadel only battled once. No incineroar is not in same level as charizard and infernape, both of them have way superior feats and have lot more experience at best incineroar is ash's 6th most powerful pokemon.

BabaVanga

Lycannroc is not a top 10 of ash;s pokemon, top 15 sure but not top 10, melmetal probably will be in top 10 with snorlax, krokodile and probably bulbasaur taking on rest 4 spots. I think melmetal should have atleast drawn with silvally that would have done better to him and naganadel only battled once. No incineroar is not in same level as charizard and infernape, both of them have way superior feats and have lot more experience at best incineroar is ash's 6th most powerful pokemon.
I'm not sure about Infernape being stronger than Incineroar.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I'm not sure about Infernape being stronger than Incineroar.
Why not? Infernape beat Electivire who is stronger than BF or even DP(DP Pikachu>BF Pikachu)
Pikachu who beat Brandon's Regice.Infernape is definitely stronger than Incineroar.Same with Sceptile.Snorlax would give Incine hard fight,though.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Had no idea my joke would ignite yet another power levels discussion. If I knew that, I wouldn't not even do it in the first place.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I don't get the point in the power level discussions between Ash's Pokemon, since at the end of the day, each Pokemon will be as strong or as weak as the plot requires it to be.. There is no definite "this pokemon is stronger than this one" because one day you get a Pokemon flooring everything in sight and the next it can't even take down something considered generally weak, whilst another team member gets the spotlight..

Is Lycanroc one of Ash's strongest? Sometimes. Is Bulbasaur one of Ash's strongest? Sometimes. Is freaking Scraggy one of Ash's strongest? If the plot requires it to be, then yeah sure.. Its all to do with the power of the plot..

Satopokebato

I don't get the point in the power level discussions between Ash's Pokemon, since at the end of the day, each Pokemon will be as strong or as weak as the plot requires it to be.. There is no definite "this pokemon is stronger than this one" because one day you get a Pokemon flooring everything in sight and the next it can't even take down something considered generally weak, whilst another team member gets the spotlight..

Is Lycanroc one of Ash's strongest? Sometimes. Is Bulbasaur one of Ash's strongest? Sometimes. Is freaking Scraggy one of Ash's strongest? If the plot requires it to be, then yeah sure.. Its all to do with the power of the plot..
Yes, it is plot armor that determines pokemon's strength. An example is pikachu eating tapu koko, but later having difficulty in defeating raichu.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
I'm confused as to why that won't happen? She's definitely one of the strongest trainers in the world, it would make sense for her to be in the Masters division..

IMO, she fits the World Champion theme better than Leon. She's very popular among the fanbase, has a challenging team, has appeared in multiple games and is a nice but serious lady.