• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It's so funny (and very, very sad) that not a single stinkin' Alolan native trainer was allowed to be seen in this worldwide tournament.
Are u surprised?0.0
They actually let any “trainer” taking place in its league. I don’t think they have high standards for battling and its evident from the fact we haven’t seen trainers from there in pwc, as u said

RLC

By that logic Iris shouldn't even be in Master Class but she is. Characters can get stronger off-screen plus Alain is more of a recent character while Paul has not appeared in the show for 12 years.
I'm just using Zoruagible's logic to show that Alain has as much of a right to be in the m8 as paul, also the the date of the character's creation doesn't mean they are stronger lore wise ( easiest example of this is leon being the stronget champ).

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Are u surprised?0.0
They actually let any “trainer” taking place in its league. I don’t think they have high standards for battling and its evident from the fact we haven’t seen trainers from there in pwc, as u said
Kukui and maybe even Gladion are pretty good trainers actually, but they're busy with their families

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Since there's so much Kalos representation in this, why not have the Kalos queen be part of the opening ceremony? Maybe to sing or perform in some kind of way. I could just imagine it now, there's a silhouette of the queen on the stage and out steps...
Shauna!!!
You spelled Miette wrong.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I am kinda confused on why Iris was the only competitor that was teased in the opening. Wouldn’t Alain make more sense as a teaser since we didn’t know he was even competing? Perhaps the Greninja appearance was a double foreshadow of him and Greninja still weird.

masdog

I am kinda confused on why Iris was the only competitor that was teased in the opening. Wouldn’t Alain make more sense as a teaser since we didn’t know he was even competing? Perhaps the Greninja appearance was a double foreshadow of him and Greninja still weird.
Probably a combination of Greninja being "double foreshadowing" as you mentioned AND wanting to keep some surprises for the viewers.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I'm just using Zoruagible's logic to show that Alain has as much of a right to be in the m8 as paul, also the the date of the character's creation doesn't mean they are stronger lore wise ( easiest example of this is leon being the stronget champ).
You implied Paul could not be in Master Class because he didn't compete hence my comment.
I'm pointing out characters can get stronger than others off-screen and yes, even lose-wise. Again, If that weren't true then Iris wouldn't be in Master Class.

Landton

This is such a fallacious and biased argument.

You claim that Paul's potential/obviousness to do the same is because he's not a game character or has a game arc to follow? This is automatically invalid, there's on-screen basis that confirms the fact that he had traveled and competed around the world (known world at the time) just as much as Ash had. And if Ash never stopped (bar Alola) traveling then why would Paul stop competing and growing stronger? Hell, Paul has been doing it long before Iris was even a thing.
I think Paul's episode will give us a explanation why he's not in Master Class. The writers will know fans would be wondering. We have to wait and see.

Sham

I hope Dawn is there since she very much personally knows three of the Champions here

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I hope Dawn is there since she very much personally knows three of the Champions here

it'd be nice if alot of people Ash knew showed up to watch if it's one big event.

I kind have to wonder something about Cynthia.

does anyone think she might use any gimmick and if so which?

masdog

it'd be nice if alot of people Ash knew showed up to watch if it's one big event.

I wouldn't be surprised if she had Mega Evolution or a Z-Move. But I would also like it if she didn't use a gimmick because it would make that much more of a BAMF.

I also think that we'll see all of Ash's former companions show up in Wyndon Stadium to cheer Ash (and Iris) on (except May for obvious reasons).

Sham

From what I was thinking… Lance with use Dynamax along with Leon, Cynthia will have M Garchomp which she should of had in BDSP, Diantha, Alain and Steven will also have M evolution. Iris possible has like three pseudo with Dragonite, Garchomp (Goodra?) and Hydreigon so um perhaps she’s good but probably Dynamax.

Somebody will have to correct me if anybody has Pokémon capable of G Max

Technically they all have a Pokémon capable of M evolution.

Lucario
Garchomp (2x)
Gyarados
Metagross
Charizard
Gardevoir

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

From what I was thinking… Lance with use Dynamax along with Leon, Cynthia will have M Garchomp which she should of had in BDSP, Diantha, Alain and Steven will also have M evolution. Iris possible has like three pseudo with Dragonite, Garchomp (Goodra?) and Hydreigon so um perhaps she’s good but probably Dynamax.

Somebody will have to correct me if anything have Pokémon capable of G Max

Technically they all have a Pokémon capable of M evolution.

Lucario
Garchomp (2x)
Gyarados
Metagross
Charizard
Gardevoir
Yes. Also, doesnt Ash have an advantage with his Z-ring?

D

Deleted member 384931

Yes but it’s only a single shot move so hopefully he uses it wisely
I mean the only advantage 10 000 000 Thunderbolt has against Gigantamax Charizard. Mega Charizard X is neutral and Garchomp is useless.