• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It's unlikely because then Ash would have to battle someone else, and there's nothing pointing toward him battling Steven or Diantha at all.

Originally it seemed like he would have battled Lance, but now it seems like Iris vs. Lance is more likely. There's really nobody else for Ash to battle prior to Cynthia/Leon.

and you don't think the writers aren't known for throwing curveballs?

they've done it in the past, several times.

that's the thing, you can be lead to believe that Lance/Alain and Cynthia are the ones Ash will face to get to Leon because of the hype, but what if it's a trap and they have him fight Steven and Diantha (regardless of order) instead?

Landton

and you don't think the writers aren't known for throwing curveballs?

they've done it in the past, several times.

that's the thing, you can be lead to believe that Lance/Alain and Cynthia are the ones Ash will face to get to Leon because of the hype, but what if it's a trap and they have him fight Steven and Diantha (regardless of order) instead?
Diantha and Steven didn't even get a full episode in this series yet, it's proof their battles/characters will be treated more like afterthoughts than the others.

So the only options left is Iris (we're unlikely to get a Ash/Iris rematch they battled already), or Lance or Alan. Lance being a dragon trainer makes more sense for Iris to go against him. Alan by default has Ash.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Diantha and Steven didn't even get a full episode in this series yet, it's proof their battles/characters will be treated more like afterthoughts than the others.

So the only options left is Iris (we're unlikely to get a Ash/Iris rematch they battled already), or Lance or Alan. Lance being a dragon trainer makes more sense for Iris to go against him. Alan by default has Ash.

all i'm gonna say is don't go into this with too much certainty or expectations, because when it comes to big events i don't trust the writers.

You trust them too much and you could end up getting disappointed.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Can we please get episodes dedicated to non-ash battles that arent 1v1
I would want to see the other Pokemon of Diantha and not just Gardeviour

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
People really exaggerate the fillers, remember how DP had some garbage shiny Ditto episode right before the Sinnoh league? Or XY had that weird mechanical castle filler right before the league?

How is this different than usual?
Because it's much sillier and more numerous because the spotlight isn't as centered on Ash or Goh.

Some (or half) of the first ten episodes were really bad, for example.

BlueDragonfangirl

they could put him up against Leon, and have Leon beat him in Zard combat to further hype up Leon's strength, and him having a more powerful charizard.

The writers have baited people in before, they could easily do it again.
I’d really hate this, I’d hate this situation so much, I’d hope the anime team know what they are doing with this.
People really exaggerate the fillers, remember how DP had some garbage shiny Ditto episode right before the Sinnoh league? Or XY had that weird mechanical castle filler right before the league?

How is this different than usual?
Fillers, I wouldn’t mind it if it was fillers developing Ash for masters 8 fighting, if it’s just Goh catching Pokémon yah.

Heitor160

In my opinion, the pokemon that should have gotten the mega wasn't Lucario. It was Charizard. His history of ties to Ash is special to anyone. He may even have special ties to Pikachu.

If Lucario defeats Mega Charizard, he will avenge Greninja. But I think it should be Charizard, the pokemon that will avenge Greninja.

The anime doesn't quite show the homage to Charizard. Ash is supposed to be the strongest pokemon. I think he should come back and be the star of the series.

I always dreamed that the mega-receiving pokemon would be Charizard.

Ash's Charizard had to be the strongest Charizard.
Why can't Greninja avenge himself?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Doesn’t this mean that the leaker got something wrong when she said Alain was 7th? Not sure if it was confirmed it came from the Chinese leaker but that’s what people said

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
So according to the newest episode, the rules of the Masters Tournament implies they'll be 3v3 at best, right? And I assume the only full battle will be the final.

Considering we have regional leagues with full battles in the top 8, I'd say this is bs.

nuzamaki90

Doesn’t this mean that the leaker got something wrong when she said Alain was 7th? Not sure if it was confirmed it came from the Chinese leaker but that’s what people said
No she never said that. Dunno where people got that from.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
No she never said that. Dunno where people got that from.
Ah. Still kinda makes you wonder why didn’t she just reveal who everybody was after Khu did it (well really who originally made that bad photoshop) but it’s just trivial stuff

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So according to the newest episode, the rules of the Masters Tournament implies they'll be 3v3 at best, right? And I assume the only full battle will be the final.

Considering we have regional leagues with full battles in the top 8, I'd say this is bs.
Ha, told y'all it'd be a 3 vs 3 at best. Im expecting alot of 1 vs 1 battles tbh

Landton

Where on earth did you even get this from? They never said that.