• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Bendicion

Water Master
Ugh it’s really stressful how Lance’s ace is a Gyarados like I get Dragonite but in the rematches in HGSS he has a Salamance
For real, Lance in the main games didn't own shiny Gyarados at all.

Landton

He caught Red Gyarados in the Johto 2-parter, why wouldn't it become his main pokemon? Between Ash and Iris owning Dragonite, we don't need 3 Dragonite getting screentime.

Sham

The Guardian of War
The only other theory I have is that so it doesn’t conflict with Iris representing the “Dragon Type” Champion but even that is stupid. Alain’s ace is more of a Dragon

Meanwhile, Iris's Haxorus should be female.
I actually liked Axew being a male.

Something I really liked about the picks is the diversity. It’s giving us girl (women) battlers and men (boys). Cynthia, Iris and Diantha are there and there is diversity around adults and kids. Alain, Ash and Iris represents a the kids and Steven Diantha, Leon, Lance and Cynthia are obviously the adults.

Last edited:

doofinc

get rillaboomed
So dividing the M8 based on gimmicks/cheats:

Ash: Mega Evolution, Z-Move, Dynamax/Gigantamax
Iris: N/A
Alain: Mega Evolution
Diantha: Mega Evolution
Lance: Dynamax
Steven: Mega Evolution
Cynthia: N/A
Lance: Dynamax/Gigantamax

Mega Evolution: 4 XY fans ultra eating rn
Dynamax/Gigantamax: 3
Z-Move: 1

I wonder what Iris and Cynthia will have, if they have any. The intuitive answer for Cynthia is Mega Garchomp, but we already have 4 of them. Maybe she could've potentially gone to Alola at some point given her Kommo-o for a Z-Move. No idea what Iris would have TBH.

Given the 3 mechanics, I expect Ash to use one of each, so it's probably spread 1 for each battle. I haven't seen how G-Max Pikachu works in the show, but I feel like he has to finish G-Max Zard with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt just because it's kinda iconic now. Mega Lucario vs Alain would sound fitting since Kalos was the Mega Evolution land, but if Ash-Greninja does come back that would be funny to have both of them running around while referees try to DNA test Ash-Greninja to see if he's a Mega or not. That probably leaves G-Max Gengar for Cynthia which feels a bit odd but it is what it is.

Kinda curious how reserves would fit into the picture since I still expect the gimmicks to come into play. Possibly have Z-Moves or Dynamax mixed into reserves to replace the scenarios I suggested, but I feel like the vibe says otherwise.

I'm still holding out on my pipe dream of Ash vs. Leon not having any limitations to the gimmicks for maximum chaos - give me G-Max Gengar + Mega Lucario + Ash-Greninja + 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt vs. Leon you cowards.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
As much as I love 10MV, I hope it's not the finisher against Leon.

I'm thinking something like G-Max Gengar being used earlier in the battle, Mega Lucario falling to G-Max Charizard's second move, and Ash being forced to use 10MV to counter G-Max Charizard's final move.

And then Ash and Leon finish the battle without any gimmicks involved.

AJ97

So dividing the M8 based on gimmicks/cheats:

Ash: Mega Evolution, Z-Move, Dynamax/Gigantamax
Iris: N/A
Alain: Mega Evolution
Diantha: Mega Evolution
Lance: Dynamax
Steven: Mega Evolution
Cynthia: N/A
Lance: Dynamax/Gigantamax

Mega Evolution: 4 XY fans ultra eating rn
Dynamax/Gigantamax: 3
Z-Move: 1

I wonder what Iris and Cynthia will have, if they have any. The intuitive answer for Cynthia is Mega Garchomp, but we already have 4 of them. Maybe she could've potentially gone to Alola at some point given her Kommo-o for a Z-Move. No idea what Iris would have TBH.

Given the 3 mechanics, I expect Ash to use one of each, so it's probably spread 1 for each battle. I haven't seen how G-Max Pikachu works in the show, but I feel like he has to finish G-Max Zard with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt just because it's kinda iconic now. Mega Lucario vs Alain would sound fitting since Kalos was the Mega Evolution land, but if Ash-Greninja does come back that would be funny to have both of them running around while referees try to DNA test Ash-Greninja to see if he's a Mega or not. That probably leaves G-Max Gengar for Cynthia which feels a bit odd but it is what it is.

Kinda curious how reserves would fit into the picture since I still expect the gimmicks to come into play. Possibly have Z-Moves or Dynamax mixed into reserves to replace the scenarios I suggested, but I feel like the vibe says otherwise.

I'm still holding out on my pipe dream of Ash vs. Leon not having any limitations to the gimmicks for maximum chaos - give me G-Max Gengar + Mega Lucario + Ash-Greninja + 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt vs. Leon you cowards.
I expect Mega Lucario versus Cynthia (Mega Garchomp) and Ash Greninja versus Alain.
Ash already used G-Max Gengar in the Raihan battle (Which in a way was a master class battle).

As for your last point, that would end up making Ash look weak if he needs all gimmicks to take out Leon. Based on Ash's performance against Raihan and the Leon vs Raihan battle, that really shouldn't be necessary.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
As for your last point, that would end up making Ash look weak if he needs all gimmicks to take out Leon. Based on Ash's performance against Raihan and the Leon vs Raihan battle, that really shouldn't be necessary.
The implication I didn't end up writing out was to also have Leon have all the gimmicks as well (minus whatever the equivalent of Ash-Greninja would be for him). Maximum chaos on both sides.

Landton

I expect Mega Lucario versus Cynthia (Mega Garchomp) and Ash Greninja versus Alain.
Ash already used G-Max Gengar in the Raihan battle (Which in a way was a master class battle).

Maybe Lucario won't be used till Leon. They never made a connection between Lucario and Cynthia.

D

Deleted member 384931

Dear Pokémon team please at least adapt one of those Champion’s theme from the games since this is perfect chance.
JNs music isnt exactly breathtaking. So I hope it too.

AJ97

The implication I didn't end up writing out was to also have Leon have all the gimmicks as well (minus whatever the equivalent of Ash-Greninja would be for him). Maximum chaos on both sides.
Tbh battles like this would be really bad and boring. As most of the focus will be on the gimmicks and there will be very less thought given into the actual battle choreography.

Maybe Lucario won't be used till Leon. They never made a connection between Lucario and Cynthia.
Given what at stake I don't see Ash not using Pikachu in the final showdown against Charizard. It would be a bit too weird to have Lucario take that place. On the other hand, Ash is definitely going to use Mega Evolution at some point in the PWC.
If it's a knockout, he's most likely to battle Cynthia & Alain and it would make more sense for Ash to use Mega Evolution against Cynthia. Also sort of ties in with the Sinnoh Ace.

D

Deleted member 384931

Why does everybody say this? Dang do I have an unpopular opinion?

This is one of the best things to come from Pokemon imo
The only good track lol, no offense. His style just cant compare to Shinji Miyazaki in my opinion

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Tbh battles like this would be really bad and boring. As most of the focus will be on the gimmicks and there will be very less thought given into the actual battle choreography.
I think that depends on the gimmick tbh:

Mega Evolution: XY shows that Mega Evolutions can definitely support great raw choreography.
Z-Moves: I will admit to not watching too much SM to know how good Z-Moves are in general from an audience perspective. I'm mostly looking for raw animation quality out of this as opposed to fight choreography though.
Dynamax/Gigantamax: I'll agree on you for that front. They definitely feel a bit too static and I don't think the animation team has nailed the "fighting a titan" style of animation yet based on what I've seen.

Also, the rest of the Pokemon can have good choreography to cover for the possible lack of choreography during the gimmick phase. If we assume Ash-Greninja isn't showing up, there's still a 3v3's worth of non-gimmick choreography that can come out for a 6v6 battle with 3 gimmicks on each side.

At the end of the day, it's dependent on how the writers and animators would execute this idea though, if it even happens.

D

Deleted member 384931

I wouldn't be surprised if the M8 (bar Leon) are 3vs3 matches. It is not like that I wouldn't mind, but since Ash only faces three people, 3 6vs6-matches wouldnt be too much to ask for, it is the equivalent of a Pokémon League.