• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The one PWC match that needs to happen in the future is a 6v6 round 2 battle with Ash vs Tobias. A proper one. Tobias can still use legendaries while Ash uses a better team than what he originally used against him with maybe a potential legendary capture being used for the hypothetical match.

game3524

I don't see why that needs to happen. Tobias was merely a plot device and had zero relationship with Ash.

If Ash has a fully battle against Leon, what pokemon should he use?

Pikachu, Gengar, and Lucario seem like a lock.

ShadowForce720

I don't see why that needs to happen. Tobias was merely a plot device and had zero relationship with Ash.

Pikachu, Gengar, and Lucario seem like a lock.

To be fair you could say that about practically any character or battle. Sure Tobias may have initially been a plot device but that doesn’t mean he has to stay that way or that they couldn’t expand on his character.

Sure it’s not guaranteed that he will return but, him initially being a plot device doesn’t really have any impact on whether or not he returns.

I mean truth be told we have no idea which characters will return or which ones won’t so there is no harm in some people speculating on Ash’s past rivals returning.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
What future matches do you wanna see in the future? (does not have to feature Ash)
*Raihan vs Leon is obligatory for several reasons
*Leon and/or Ash vs Tobias (IMO that’s the best way to give Leon the perception of being on a different league or giving people some sort of closure for the awful Sinnoh League ending)
*Ash’s original 6 vs Brendan’s full team of Regis
*Ash vs Paul to show the latter’s growth (also bias for the best rivalry)
*Ash vs Cynthia (most wanted match in the anime)

ShadowForce720

I do hope Ash defeats a E4 member or Champion before he faces Leon. It doesn't even have to be a full battle. I'd be fine with just a 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3

I think that’s pretty likely especially if Ash vs Leon happens in the finals of the Master 8. Heck I wouldn’t be surprised if before Ash’s Master Class battle with Leon if they find a way to have Ash battle and beat each member of the Masters 8.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Raihan is already rivals with Leon. Plus he is a Master Class trainer. I want Ash's rival in the PWC to be around his level. Which Bede, Marnie, or Hop would qualify

I like rivals who are rude because that gives their rivalry with Satoshi more tension and drama than a friendly rivalry, so I'd love to see Beet in the anime as Satoshi's rival who wants to beat Dande in the Championships as well.

Among the 3, Marnie would be cool for the "rude" one since she's linked to Team Yell... Hop would also be cool, being linked to Leon... I just hope that they're not unheralded... Marnie would be nice to be introduced as the only undefeated PWC contestant in the Top 100 (yeah, late introduction) and one of the most avoided trainer (has something to do with Team Yell), while Hop can be introduced as the most recent winner of Wyndon Conference who also targets Leon...

If Ash has a fully battle against Leon, what pokemon should he use?

Hope to see Charizard, Sceptile and Greninja in that team...

I do hope Ash defeats a E4 member or Champion before he faces Leon. It doesn't even have to be a full battle. I'd be fine with just a 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3

I think that's bound to happen... It's more likely that the Top 120 is infested by E4 tier trainers including the E4s themselves and a few Champions...

game3524

To be fair you could say that about practically any character or battle. Sure Tobias may have initially been a plot device but that doesn’t mean he has to stay that way or that they couldn’t expand on his character.

Sure it’s not guaranteed that he will return but, him initially being a plot device doesn’t really have any impact on whether or not he returns.

I mean truth be told we have no idea which characters will return or which ones won’t so there is no harm in some people speculating on Ash’s past rivals returning.

We don't know who will return, but I think you can get an idea of which type of characters will return if Korrina and Lance's returns are anything to go by. IMO, it seems like they will bring back prominent game characters for Ash to battle since it would allow them not only shill their marketable "ace" Pokemon, but also other mobile platforms like Masters.

But we shall see.

Last edited:

MissAngel

Drizzile=My Spirit Pokemon
I will openly admit to not caring for the battle side of the show (to this day there's not one that left me completely satisfied) but if they truly are going to up the number of battles to absurd numbers (already begun with how many there have been this early) then I want more double battles, triple battles, maybe Ash ranks up in a tournament where you can only use a certain Pokemon type, etc.

As for matches I want, just rematches against Agatha and Bertha (with Torterra used).

Jeal

If he will defeat Elite Four members, it has to be the Kanto ones after he wins the Indigo League.

Decidueye23

I will openly admit to not caring for the battle side of the show (to this day there's not one that left me completely satisfied) but if they truly are going to up the number of battles to absurd numbers (already begun with how many there have been this early) then I want more double battles, triple battles, maybe Ash ranks up in a tournament where you can only use a certain Pokemon type, etc.

As for matches I want, just rematches against Agatha and Bertha (with Torterra used).
Yaas. Torterra can finally get a great win and revenge.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
What future matches do you wanna see in the future? (does not have to feature Ash)

Ash vs Brandon's Regi (Trio, Regigigas and the two new ones)

Ash vs Lance

Ash vs Palmer rematch

Ash vs Cynthia (Loss, Cynthia is new world champ cause remakes and popularity)

Ash vs Drayden and Marlon

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Ash vs Palmer rematch

Ash vs Cynthia (Loss, Cynthia is new world champ cause remakes and popularity)

Only if these battles include Torterra and Infernape, respectively. I'd like to see Torterra face off against Palmer again, purely to finally beat that abomination of a Pokemon, Rhyperior. As for Infernape vs Cynthia, I purely want it as a call back to when Ash pictured himself in Flint's position for that battle at the end of DP.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Only if these battles include Torterra and Infernape, respectively. I'd like to see Torterra face off against Palmer again, purely to finally beat that abomination of a Pokemon, Rhyperior. As for Infernape vs Cynthia, I purely want it as a call back to when Ash pictured himself in Flint's position for that battle at the end of DP.
Seriously, that scene at the end of DP still gives me chills, and it's kinda surreal to see that Ash is so close to getting to that stage now

Leonhart

Imagineer
MissAngel said:

I'm probably one of the few who didn't care about Dodaitose's awful battle record in the last part of DP, at least not to the extent of thinking he deserves redemption. So I wouldn't want him to be used against Kikuno again. I'd want Satoshi to use Jukain since it's reliable in battle and has an advantage against Ground-types, as well as him being much faster than Dodaitose.

PsychoLogical

I'm probably one of the few who didn't care about Dodaitose's awful battle record in the last part of DP, at least not to the extent of thinking he deserves redemption. So I wouldn't want him to be used against Kikuno again. I'd want Satoshi to use Jukain since it's reliable in battle and has an advantage against Ground-types, as well as him being much faster than Dodaitose.
We need to see him again first since Sceptile hasn't been seen since BW with the photo op.

PsychoLogical

Considering Sceptile already got to shine in the Sinnoh league, on Torterra's home turf while Torterra itself failed to do much at all, I think it would be only fair to see Torterra get some kind of time to shine and I would say he definitely needs it more than Sceptile..
We'll need to see them first, if they ever will this time that is. If Torterra were to return, how about a moveset change first cause its current moveset was the definition of horsecrap.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
We'll need to see them first, if they ever will this time that is. If Torterra were to return, how about a moveset change first cause its current moveset was the definition of horsecrap.

I would definitely want to see Rock Climb replaced with something better like a ground type move or Stone Edge. I'm happy with Leaf Storm, Energy Ball and Synthesis though..