• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

D

Deleted member 384931

Ash vs Cynthia would be epic. Wonder how he would beat that Garchomp.

Makes we wonder if Alola will have a new elite four. Btw couldnt Hau and Kiawe take over Halas and Olivias job as kahunas that Hala and Olivia can be Elite Four members?

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be a huge waste to have a series set in all eight of the regions and not pay homage to Ash's journey through seven of those eight. Not only do I think he will use most of his pokemon that are in storage at some point, I think he might finally get his released pokemon back. Gengar and Dragonite were caught fully evolved for a reason I think. They're powerful already. They don't need a lot of time. For the most part I think that will be how the majority of Ash's new captures this series will be handled. He has Riolu that will almost certainly evolve into Lucario at some point. That'll be one they will take time to develop. Sobble/Grookey if he catches those also. but, for the most part, I think he'll catch things fully evolved. Even Galarian pokemon. I could see him getting Corviknight for example but he might just get Coriviknight as a Corviknight.
I wasn't expecting to see you back.
Other than that, I hope only Galar Pokemon get development of any kind. Riolu might as well evolve the next time it battles.
I hadn't given much thought to Daigo appearing again since he already made his comeback in XY, but I suppose that him returning at the Pokemon World Championship would make sense. Hopefully we'd see him use his Bossgodora again and not just his Shiny Metagross.
The Steven we saw during XY was quite open to battles. I can definitely see him in the Master Class.

Few people were talking about Torterra's movepool and I don't think anyone mentioned Wood Hammer. I would love to see Torterra grabbing a Pokemon using Crunch or something like that and then crashing the tree(that's on its back) onto that Pokemon. The Crunch part might not be the most original thing though since Paul's did that too.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Something that will almost never happen but would great would be Max returning and facing Ash

Red and Blue

Something that will almost never happen but would great would be Max returning and facing Ash
I was always curious how they would handle Max if May did return. Would he even age even though Ash is canonically still ten?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:

It's not that I'd find it unrealistic for him to return, I just think it would require an incredible amount of suspension of disbelief for him to pose much of a challenge to Satoshi. From my viewpoint, no amount of off-screen training could make Masato into Satoshi's equal, so I'd find it too strange for him to be one of Satoshi's opponents in the future unless Satoshi would beat him with ease, in which case I wouldn't see the point of them battling at all if Satoshi would just breeze through their battle.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
It's not that I'd find it unrealistic for him to return, I just think it would require an incredible amount of suspension of disbelief for him to pose much of a challenge to Satoshi. From my viewpoint, no amount of off-screen training could make Masato into Satoshi's equal, so I'd find it too strange for him to be one of Satoshi's opponents in the future unless Satoshi would beat him with ease, in which case I wouldn't see the point of them battling at all if Satoshi would just breeze through their battle.
I mean, Ash currently has been demolishing everyone he faces anyway, with more on the way in ep 25 when he heads to Kalos. So would there be much of a difference?

ShadowForce720

So when it comes to Ash’s first lost in the PWC do you think it will happen in the Super Class or do you think it’s not going to happen until the Hyper Class?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So when it comes to Ash’s first lost in the PWC do you think it will happen in the Super Class or do you think it’s not going to happen until the Hyper Class?
Later in the Super Class, maybe around when he hits top 500. Who his first loss will be, may be someone that rivals elite four members.

Red and Blue

Unless he loses to Korrina then probably during the Super Class. As for who he loses to perhaps he will gain a rival during that time

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Wonder if Lorelei would still be called "Prima" in the dub?

I think they'll use Lorelei now but with an alternative dialogue in the English dub to explain the name Prima... Like, they can say that Prima is her common name as a lecturer or whatnot...

It has to be deep into the Super Class probably near the ranks of the likes of Brandon, Tobias, etc...

If Shota can do it in less than 50 episodes then Max can too. Not saying I want him to face Ash much less on equal footing.

On Topic: I would like to see some old gym leaders return that actually gave Ash some trouble. I can't see Pryce as one of the competitors but someone like Roxie should definitely return. Then there are gym leaders that Ash never battled. Drayden and Wallace are unlikely but maybe Marlon can return.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
I think they'll use Lorelei now but with an alternative dialogue in the English dub to explain the name Prima... Like, they can say that Prima is her common name as a lecturer or whatnot...

It has to be deep into the Super Class probably near the ranks of the likes of Brandon, Tobias, etc...

Speaking of Tobias...If he does end up being in this somehow. Can we please get a rematch with Ash using his strongest team against him? I always thought that he could've won if it wasn't for Charizrd being busy training and Infernape not being able to be used since it had just battled three of Paul's Pokemon. And if he can get Greninja back too, that would definitely help him out a lot as well of course. But if not there's still Snorlax. Then Pikachu, Sceptile, and Heracross.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Speaking of Tobias...If he does end up being in this somehow. Can we please get a rematch with Ash using his strongest team against him? I always thought that he could've won if it wasn't for Charizrd being busy training and Infernape not being able to be used since it had just battled three of Paul's Pokemon. And if he can get Greninja back too, that would definitely help him out a lot as well of course. But if not there's still Snorlax. Then Pikachu, Sceptile, and Heracross.

He wouldn't have defeated Tobias regardless of which Pokemon were used, because plot.. and if they were to include him in the PWC with the intention of him being defeated, then Ash could literally go in with the exact same team as last time if he wanted and come out victorious..

I've long since learned that it's not even the Pokemon used anymore that determine the outcome. Ash could walk in with a team of fully evolved bruisers, including the most reliable Pokemon of each region and lose depending what the plot requires.. Totodile could even dance his way in and walk all over a third of the team by itself (which I would pay good money to see against someone like Tobias)..

ShadowForce720

He wouldn't have defeated Tobias regardless of which Pokemon were used, because plot.. and if they were to include him in the PWC with the intention of him being defeated, then Ash could literally go in with the exact same team as last time if he wanted and come out victorious..

I've long since learned that it's not even the Pokemon used anymore that determine the outcome. Ash could walk in with a team of fully evolved bruisers, including the most reliable Pokemon of each region and lose depending what the plot requires.. Totodile could even dance his way in and walk all over a third of the team by itself (which I would pay good money to see against someone like Tobias)..

This whole “x” Pokémon will win or lose because the plot demands it is just a boring argument in that it can literally be applied to just about anything. Not only that’s is not entirely accurate because you have to keep in mind in certain cases there more likely to use certain Pokémon if Ash is going to win or lose a battle and depending on the battle.

Plus if anything trying to say that oh but doesn’t matter what Pokémon are chosen because the results will be decided how the plot demands it is just unnecessary trying to kill the hype.

Part of the fun the battles is when you get to see how far Ash and his Pokémon have come and are more enjoyable when it the outcome of the battle. If anything a Pokémon just winning because the plot demand/required it just hurts the quality of the battle.

Sure there are times where a Pokémon won even though it shouldn’t have but that doesn’t mean you should suddenly go in around trying to kill the hype and speculation by basically saying that “ oh but it doesn’t matter because if they wanted a newly hatch Pokémon to one shot Cynthia’s Garchomp because the plot required it.”

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
This whole “x” Pokémon will win or lose because the plot demands it is just a boring argument in that it can literally be applied to just about anything. Not only that’s is not entirely accurate because you have to keep in mind in certain cases there more likely to use certain Pokémon if Ash is going to win or lose a battle and depending on the battle.

Plus if anything trying to say that oh but doesn’t matter what Pokémon are chosen because the results will be decided how the plot demands it is just unnecessary trying to kill the hype.

Part of the fun the battles is when you get to see how far Ash and his Pokémon have come and are more enjoyable when it the outcome of the battle. If anything a Pokémon just winning because the plot demand/required it just hurts the quality of the battle.

Sure there are times where a Pokémon won even though it shouldn’t have but that doesn’t mean you should suddenly go in around trying to kill the hype and speculation by basically saying that “ oh but it doesn’t matter because if they wanted a newly hatch Pokémon to one shot Cynthia’s Garchomp because the plot required it.”

Pretty much this. Not only that, but it's also contradictory and thus, a faulty argument. Because the whole "plot armor" thing doesn't really work with Pokemon since any trainer can win or lose literally any battle at any time (unless they're villains about to destroy the world). The plot in Pokemon is Ash aiming to become a Pokemon master. So yeah, talking about "what the plot demands" doesn't make any sense with the series in the first place or he would be one already.

Though, I've long since learned to just completely ignore these types of people and disregard anything they say anyway, so yeah lol. No real point in bothering talking to them since they think they're know-it-alls for some strange reason.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
The plot is literally "What will the executives allow us to do and what do we think is the most interesting thing to do?" Come the end of the series--no matter what--the decision for how Satoshi will fair against the World Champion will be made and then the battle will be as cool as it can be--assuming the production isn't in the gutter.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The plot is literally "What will the executives allow us to do and what do we think is the most interesting thing to do?" Come the end of the series--no matter what--the decision for how Satoshi will fair against the World Champion will be made and then the battle will be as cool as it can be--assuming the production isn't in the gutter.
Considering they got freakin' Kameda for SM's final battle, it'd be awesome if they got Yutaka Nakamura for Ash vs Leon. On a more realistic note, I hope Maenami, Yasuda, Ohashi, and Nishida work on some cuts

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Considering they got freakin' Kameda for SM's final battle, it'd be awesome if they got Yutaka Nakamura for Ash vs Leon. On a more realistic note, I hope Maenami, Yasuda, Ohashi, and Nishida work on some cuts

Kameda Yoshimichi is a freelancer while Nakamura Yutaka is an actual in-house member of Bones. I don't know what Kameda's current project is but if he's free I would be so happy to see him handle Pokemon. He was the character designer and chief animation supervisor for the 2018 film Doraemon: Tobita's Treasure Island and it was insanely well animated throughout. I would love it if he could either do similar for an episode of the 2019 series or a film.

You have a point, cause it surely kills the hype but it is true nonetheless. If Ash is supposed to lose to Tobias, Cameron or Alain then he will do so regardless of the team. It doesn't matter if he uses Pokemon like Heracross/Swellow or the opponent doesn't even have a full team.

I wouldn't call it plot power or plot armor. It has more to do with the direction being taken by the writers. Ash made it to the Top 4 of the Sinnoh League and that's the most they wanted him to reach at that point so a trainer like Tobias makes sense. Ash did better against him so both sides are happy.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
You have a point, cause it surely kills the hype but it is true nonetheless. If Ash is supposed to lose to Tobias, Cameron or Alain then he will do so regardless of the team. It doesn't matter if he uses Pokemon like Heracross/Swellow or the opponent doesn't even have a full team.

I wouldn't call it plot power or plot armor. It has more to do with the direction being taken by the writers. Ash made it to the Top 4 of the Sinnoh League and that's the most they wanted him to reach at that point so a trainer like Tobias makes sense. Ash did better against him so both sides are happy.

Hence why they said that the writers are more likely to have Ash use certain Pokemon based on whether they want him to win or lose. Just like how they had Team Rocket wear out his Pokemon during the Indigo League, so that he was forced to use his disobedient Charizard.