• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

doofinc

get rillaboomed
I’m looking forward to the Masters 8 starting. Regardless of how the tournament is structured, it’s gonna be awesome.
Waiting room for more information tbh, most speculation has run its course now.

Kinda hoping for a round robin to give us more matches since I don't expect every battle to be 6v6, but if they do actually do standard 8 player bracket 3 matches 6v6, I'll be happy with that

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Link it to us then
EpWkVDtUUAAxNPa

Ultra Beast Lover

I'm not sure what I'd rather see. The bracket is classic but it'd be disappointing if Ash never got the chance to fight some of these characters. Like I don't care about Diantha and Steven but the Cynthia battle has been hyped for a while, Alain would simply be revenge, and Iris is an old companion

Badfemalecompanion

There is no way you have all that and interpreted Ash’s reaction as a diss. Having a PHD with such poor analyzing skills cannot be possible.
I never interpreted it that way. You viewed my interpretation as a diss, I merely viewed Ash's reaction as one of shock. Is it really such a stretch to imagine that Ash was shocked that a trainer he beat in the great class, a tier containing relatively average trainers, made it to the top 8?

Ultra Beast Lover

I never interpreted it that way. You viewed my interpretation as a diss, I merely viewed Ash's reaction as one of shock. Is it really such a stretch to imagine that Ash was shocked that a trainer he beat in the great class, a tier containing relatively average trainers, made it to the top 8?
Ash doesn't really express shock at such things, the kid believes that anyone can be a great trainer with a little hard work. Besides, even if he did express shock at such a thing, he got beaten by Bea and was still able to make it to the top 8 so who was he to judge? I'm sure he was surprised but not for the reason you're thinking, it was less, "She actually did it? But I thought she was just a weak champion." and more, "I'm going to have to face one of my best friends and former travel companion?"

LucasMV

Lance having mega Charizard would be beyond repetitive. Assuming we only see 3 pokemon of his it'll probably be Gyarados, Dragonite and Aerodactyl.
I agree. If there's place for one more Charizard in the Masters Tournament, it should be Ash's.
Emloga is still on Iris’ team and it would seem weird and OOC if she just boxed her after becoming Champion. Plus it’s not like she would be that out of place considering Ash has Pikachu if her not being “menacing” enough is the issue. And Iris doesn’t like Ice Types and only half of her team are Dragons in BW anyway. It’s possible Emolga and Excadrill are still there
Don't know about Emolga, but I actually hope Iris' Excadrill does show up for whatever battle she has in the Masters Tournament. It's much like her version of Pikachu, her first partner. And it was actually really strong back then, so it'd make sense that it'd kept up with her Champion status.

Don't know why anyone would even question Emolga and Excadrill's status. We already know Emolga is still on her team and Excadrill is her starter and her answer to fairy types. The logic isn't there for her to box him.

The only real questions are whether Gible has evolved or not, and who her 6th mon is. It was kinda implied to be Goodra but maybe she has something else as her 6th.

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Don't know why anyone would even question Emolga and Excadrill's status. We already know Emolga is still on her team and Excadrill is her starter and her answer to fairy types. The logic isn't there for her to box him.

The only real questions are whether Gibe has evolved or not, and who her 6th mon is. It was kinda implied to be Goodra but maybe she has something else as her 6th.
Still think any new mons they give Iris in the anime will also be ones she has in the core series games.

World Turtle

let's just say something happened in here earlier with another user, and leave it at that
I won’t ask, but I’ve found compared to the pain of losing a loved one I’ve grown numb to the trolling and arguing of the internet. Since 2017 I’ve lost three dogs (1 to cancer and old age for the other two) and my grandma.

It all just seems so irrelevant now. Idk it put things into perspective for me.

Still think any new mons they give Iris in the anime will also be ones she has in the core series games.
I’m not convinced about the game inspiration considering they decided to go a completely different direction with her anime team besides the Axew line.

Badfemalecompanion

Take a drink (of soda) every time you see a Charizard, Dragonite, Garchomp, or Metagross in the top 8. My hope is that Lance has Charizard Y to compliment Alain's Charizard X and if possible, a dynamax vs vanilla Charizard battle when Leon faces Ash.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I’m not convinced about the game inspiration considering they decided to go a completely different direction with her anime team besides the Axew line.
Yes your right back then during BW but in JN where you look at other characters from the games who have new Pokémon have also been ones they have in-game.

ShadowForce720

You know speaking of Pokémon that Iris could potentially have what if after seeing Ash’s Dracovish she wound up traveling to the Galar region to get her own fossil mon, and wound up getting a Dracozolt.

She could have even gone there with the intention of wanting to get a Dracovish but wound up getting a Dracozolt instead which would allow her to show off Dracozolt.

Yes your right back then during BW but in JN where you look at other characters from the games who have new Pokémon have also been ones they have in-game.
I know, but I guess for Iris I just need to see it to believe it since they didn’t do that during BW. Right now our only piece of evidence of her 6th mon is Goodra, which wouldn’t be taken from the games. So I guess we’ll see.

SatoSereFan224888

I think once the Masters 8 starts, Ash will hardly talk to his friends. He will want to stay sharp for the battles that lay ahead.