• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Red and Blue

So which of Ash's Pokemon do you guys think will be the one the defeat Garchomp?

ShadowForce720

Because Pikachu Gmax will be the gimmick vs Leon.
Not really, sure I could see why at the beginning of Journeys you might think it would go in that direction, but at this point they made it clear that when it comes to Ash they have been marketing his Lucario with Mega Evolution, while his Gengar is being associated with Gigantamax and his Pikachu is being associated more with Z-moves.

Heck at this point if Ash is going to be using Gigantamax, Z-move, or and/or Mega Evolution with any other Pokémon it probably won’t happen until the generation shift.

SatoSereFan224888

I found this video;

Unless Lucario does poorly against Cynthia there’s no way Ash would ditch him for Mew. Plus I think Ash should be left out of Project Mew because he’s not a member.

SatoSereFan224888

Why do you even post that? What has this to do with this thread? How does Pikachu dying connect to the future of the PWC?
Well it’s a about something that could happen during Ash’s battle with Cynthia.
SatoSere is always bouncing back and forth between posting or not posting murderous ideas...for...some reason.
Stop harassing me. I said I have this feeling something bad will happen to Ash. But who knows what’s going on at OLM. They don’t like to spoil big stuff with upcoming episodes so fans are guessing on what could happen.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Stop harassing me.
Okay, first off, it's not harassing when someone points out all the morbid stuff you post about "I feel like something bad is going to happen to Ash." All those things are always about like getting a leg broken and not just a normal friendly defeat. Someone is bound to comment how bizarre those ideas are, but it's definitely not harassing but rather valid critique.
I said I have this feeling something bad will happen to Ash.
Usually the comment that goes before you mention what it is.

Also, I'm pointing this out right now, but every feeling you get that something bad will happen to Ash...NEVER comes to pass...and yet you still think it will. Seriously, do you realize what demographic this show is aimed at? This isn't Rick & Morty during Adult Swim.
so fans are guessing on what could happen.
The lowest 0.005% minority that want him to suffer life-threatening injuries.

Spyro39

What reason is there for us to care about or discuss whatever garbage this random YouTuber says, especially when he has zero evidence to back it up? Don't you realize he's one of those people who's only clickbaiting for views? Please stop posting videos like that here and stop listening to him.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Is there still a future for the Pokémon World Championships after Journeys? Or will it be forgotten? I kinda see it be referenced once in a while, since it is worldwide and annually.

SatoSereFan224888

What reason is there for us to care about or discuss whatever garbage this random YouTuber says, especially when he has zero evidence to back it up? Don't you realize he's one of those people who's only clickbaiting for views? Please stop posting videos like that here and stop listening to him.
Sorry.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Is there still a future for the Pokémon World Championships after Journeys? Or will it be forgotten? I kinda see it be referenced once in a while, since it is worldwide and annually.

I'm all in favor of bringing it back, Tenkaichi Budokai style, though condensing it into a much smaller arc rather than a full series.

Workarounds and buildups to it will have to be made so that the same 8 trainers are not squaring off in the end every time, but there's no harm in bringing it back up again, or at least mentioning it like the Wallace Cup is.

Speed22

Suicide now?! Seriously, go get help! This isn't me hooking it to you, I'm pleading for you to go and vent whatever it is that's on your mind to a psychologist or someone along those lines! It's a children's cartoon we're talking about here!

Stop harassing me. I said I have this feeling something bad will happen to Ash. But who knows what’s going on at OLM. They don’t like to spoil big stuff with upcoming episodes so fans are guessing on what could happen.
We're not harassing you in any capacity mate! You need to stop watching clickbait YouTubers and consuming darker media, because you clearly can't handle it!

I wonder what's the future will turn out in November? I wasn't in the good mood to join that conversation but hey;

Will Ash Vs. Leon end in Draw just like in DP?

AJ97

Lance a person lacking no strategy (despite being the former monarch) because Diantha had a Fairy Type ace so they both could both win.
Battle 1:
1) Relies on Dragonites Resilience + Endurance (This is a strategy which even Ash has relied on with his Goodra, Snorlax, etc in the past).
2) Uses Body press against Amaurus which has a 4X Advantage.

Battle 2:
1) Lance recognizes that the Light Screen would vanish initially and correctly uses a Dragon Pulse (Special attack) against Gourgeist.

Battle 3:
1) Doesn't care about Trick-or-Treat being used against Hydreigon, as he knew that his Dark Pulse would flinch and he could attack twice to take out Gourgeist.

Battle 4:
1) Taught Hydreigon Flash Canon and used it against Gardevoir.

Battle 5:
1) Immediately Dynamaxes Dragonite for the HP Gain = Stamina (Allowing Dragonite to take more hits)
2) Uses Max Hailstorm to negate the Moonblast (The best move he had versus Max Strike, Max Knuckle and Max Dragon which wouldn't have helped)
3) Follows up with Max Strike which hits Gardevoir and also lowers its speed (Part of Lance's end strategy post Dynamax)
4) The second Dynamax runs out Lance has Dragon immediately strike with the Hyper Beam which Diantha would have had a problem with as Moon Blast Requires time to Charge (And Gardevoir's lesser speed). Diantha however predicted this and had Gardevoir dodge immediately and then power up and strike back with a Moon Blast.

Lance was far more Strategic than Iris you seem to hold in the highest regard.