• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I doubt it,unless they offscreen Gou and PM.
At this point I’m convinced his is a special or will be carried on to the next series like Lillie

doofinc

get rillaboomed
A bit surprised that the Ash and Goh split up thing ended up being true.

TBH it's gonna feel really weird that Goh isn't there to root on Ash. As much as I don't really care about Goh, it just feels bad that your traveling friend can't watch the end tourney run in person. Like I'm pretty sure this has never happened in all of Pokemon.

There's also no way Project Mew will be done in a day, so he can't do that then come back. Speculating a possible arc during Ash vs Leon where Ash starts losing because Go isn't there (just from like a motivation perspective) and then Goh shows up last second (either delaying his prep or outright skipping (that which would also be a mess)) to give Ash the push to win.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
At this point I’m convinced his is a special or will be carried on to the next series like Lillie
Also a possibility. Which is weird why they split up NOW and not at the end of the series.
A bit surprised that the Ash and Goh split up thing ended up being true.
Weird right?
TBH it's gonna feel really weird that Goh isn't there to root on Ash. As much as I don't really care about Goh, it just feels bad that your traveling friend can't watch the end tourney run in person. Like I'm pretty sure this has never happened in all of Pokemon.
So Ash has basically nobody to cheer for him in Wydon Stadium bar Team Rocket?
There's also no way Project Mew will be done in a day, so he can't do that then come back. Speculating a possible arc during Ash vs Leon where Ash starts losing because Go isn't there (just from like a motivation perspective) and then Goh shows up last second (either delaying his prep or outright skipping (that which would also be a mess)) to give Ash the push to win.
Eh idk. I just think it is strange they split them now. Why not using those breaks and recaps for PM?

doofinc

get rillaboomed
So Ash has basically nobody to cheer for him in Wydon Stadium bar Team Rocket?
Team Rocket are the true traveling companions after all, showing up in every series.

Eh idk. I just think it is strange they split them now. Why not using those breaks and recaps for PM?
Production issues gonna production issue.

The thing is, Goh (probably) has to come back before Journeys ends. There's probably dedicated PM episodes, so idk why they aren't just after the finals. Separating them right before finals doesn't exactly reduce episode count, so IMO there has to be some kind of jank reasoning that I can't think of

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I'm actually warming up to the dog recently, really growing up to like him more and I have accepted that JN team is his strongest, so I'm having a more positive look on things lol
I wouldn’t say that they’re the strongest at this point. They all underwent training from the reserves and Lucario especially got thrown around by Greninja..

Don’t get me wrong, they’ve been built up to be a strong team, but they’re definitely not the strongest in my opinion.

DayQuil95

I wouldn’t say that they’re the strongest at this point. They all underwent training from the reserves and Lucario especially got thrown around by Greninja..

Don’t get me wrong, they’ve been built up to be a strong team, but they’re definitely not the strongest in my opinion.
I see why you'd think that, but for me, reserves simply have nothing left to imply they are stronger other than fan favoritism, which of course includes my bias for the likes of Infernape and Sceptile.

I would take the reserves for the M8 any day, but based on what we have seen the JN team should be stronger by now, mainly when it's been a while since Lucario even fought Greninja, and by that time he was struggling with Raihan, while recently he managed to beat Cynthia's D-Max Togekiss and unbeatable Garchomp.

doofinc

get rillaboomed

Being trained by reserves doesn't necessarily mean that the reserves are at equal skill level.

In sports, coaches are almost never at the same skill level as the trainee, but that doesn't mean they can't provide useful insight to help those who are more skilled.

I see why you'd think that, but for me, reserves simply have nothing left to imply they are stronger other than fan favoritism, which of course includes my bias for the likes of Infernape and Sceptile.

I would take the reserves for the M8 any day, but based on what we have seen the JN team should be stronger by now, mainly when it's been a while since Lucario even fought Greninja, and by that time he was struggling with Raihan, while recently he managed to beat Cynthia's D-Max Togekiss and unbeatable Garchomp.
Yea at this point, Ash's M8 team is the strongest, regardless of how well their development was shown. If reserves were used at M8, then we'd have counter evidence, but they aren't so we have none. Closest one to have an argument is Greninja but I doubt you can really argue much for him now after Ash's more recent champion wins.

AJ97

Closest one to have an argument is Greninja but I doubt you can really argue much for him now after Ash's more recent champion wins.
Why not? The show wrote Greninja to be significantly >>> Lucario (Who managed to beat Raihan's G-Maxed ace in its base form.
Plus, AG has the broken gimmick of constantly getting stronger and stronger the more in sync it is with Ash.). There's no definite reason to assume Mega Lucario is > AG.

That said, if Mega Lucario did beat Charizard by itself; then I guess you could argue it is stronger as it would be very rational to assume AG is stronger than the world's strongest pokemon.

Plus, AG has the broken gimmicks that make it get stronger and stronger.
While Lucario has this with the Aura Sphere, AG gets overall buffs the more in sync it is with Ash.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'm actually warming up to the dog recently, really growing up to like him more and I have accepted that JN team is his strongest, so I'm having a more positive look on things lol
While the execution of their strength level and lack of organic screentime will always be a gripe for me, ever since the Clemont ep (Or rather the Allister ep tbh) Ive really liked the way theyve been handling the team. And how in most recent episodes we see them together as a team interacting, reacting and training and all? Chef's kiss, should have happened way earlier considering everything was done by ep60
konsoomers gonna konsoom
@LazySpy Say your catchphrase please
K a m o n !
images
......This makes me mildly uncomfortable :p

doofinc

get rillaboomed
IMO we're seeing all 3 gimmicks on Ash's side at this rate based on the summaries so far. We also have yet to see the GMax scene so unless Ash decided to go with GMax Pikachu for some reason (which isn't impossible tbh but pretty low odds IMO), there's no way GMax Gengar is the closer.

I don't think the writers would only allow Ash to have the exception though (surely they would realize that looks stupid). While I think Leon stacking all of his gimmicks onto Charizard would be hilarious, I don't think that's gonna happen since Leon is almost certainly closing with GMax Charizard so Mega won't work there (there's no way they pull a Mega Garchomp -> not using Mega Garchomp right???). I also don't think Leon has Z-Moves tbh; he might just go triple GMax. Just make the GMax battles at least the quality of Ash vs. Marnie or Mega Lucario vs DMax Togekiss and we might be fine though.

Secretly still hoping for Leon to have a GMax Mega Charizard Y using GHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ-Max Wildfire.

AJ97

IMO we're seeing all 3 gimmicks on Ash's side at this rate based on the summaries so far. We also have yet to see the GMax scene so unless Ash decided to go with GMax Pikachu for some reason (which isn't impossible tbh but pretty low odds IMO), there's no way GMax Gengar is the closer.

I don't think the writers would only allow Ash to have the exception though (surely they would realize that looks stupid). While I think Leon stacking all of his gimmicks onto Charizard would be hilarious, I don't think that's gonna happen since Leon is almost certainly closing with GMax Charizard so Mega won't work there (there's no way they pull a Mega Garchomp -> not using Mega Garchomp right???). I also don't think Leon has Z-Moves tbh; he might just go triple GMax. Just make the GMax battles at least the quality of Ash vs. Marnie or Mega Lucario vs DMax Togekiss and we might be fine though.

Secretly still hoping for Leon to have a GMax Mega Charizard Y using GHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ-Max Wildfire.
Leon doesn't have to stack both G-Max and Mega Evolution (Technically, it isn't possible considering both G-Max and Mega evolved form look different and I don't see them blending the two.

That said, there could be the possibility Leon starts with G-Max Charizard and at the end of 3 turns, reveals he also has Mega Evolution and end up Mega Evolving Charizard.