• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Leonhart

Imagineer
klutzybewear said:
For Ash’s future World Championships battles (in the lower tiers not master class), do you prefer him battling a gym leader (or a former gym leader), a new character thats related to an important character (like Lt. Surge’s substitute gym leader), a returning character/rival or just a character of the day sort of situation? Just curious

I want him to mostly battle new characters from Galar if possible, as well as in-game characters that have never made anime appearances before. But given his recent battle at the Kuchiba Gym, I expect that most of his future battles will be against anime exclusive COTDs.

Aj9730

I really like this idea.

What if Alola is represented by Mohm instead. It would give a good closure of his Arc and we saw from the Flashback that he is quite a strong trainer. Another option is Gladion but I believe Mohm will be far more interesting.

Alola represented by Mohn would be a great idea considering Ash already beat Kukui. As for Gladion, I personally think it would be great to have him appear alongside some of Ash’s older rivals like Paul, Sawyer, Trip etc in the Great Ball tier.

Also, I just realised that the trainer would have to win the tournament to get a shot against Leon as it was implied Lance won the tournament. So perhaps the character representing Galar could be Hop or Ash’s region specific rival

cam24t

Master
I feel like the reserves have to come back, Gible and Incineroar only got the League for development and really need to show their stuff. Melmetal needs more shine especially since Ash might be the only one in the world that has one.

Well Melmetal is mythical...

Leonhart

Imagineer
ssquaderi said:
I feel like the reserves have to come back, Gible and Incineroar only got the League for development and really need to show their stuff. Melmetal needs more shine especially since Ash might be the only one in the world that has one.

I've just never agreed with the notion that because certain Pokemon only received a little bit of battle screen-time, that they automatically deserve redemption. In the case of Gaogaen specifically, it still battled a lot as a Nyabby and Nyaheat, so I don't think it's really lacking anything.

catzeye

Writer's Block
I just hope that all his new series Pokemon are used ofc for all battles till master ball rank. But I really wish the final battle with Leon includes his strongest reserves. Basically Ash's strongest team as per the writers.

Agreed. I mean, if Ash-Greninja doesn't come back then I personally wouldn't mind Dragonite or Gengar going up against Leon (especiallly since they would be useful in taking down Aegislash, Dragapult, and Haxorus), but I would prefer if the majority of Ash's team against Leon would be historical powerhouse reserves.

This World Championship idea is perfect for giving a lot of Ash's Pokemon a chance to shine. If it were up to me I would let Ash's newer and underdog Pokemon get their chance to shine in the lower tiers, but once he gets in the top 100 start focusing more on the big powerhouses leading up to the fight against Leon.

For Ash’s future World Championships battles (in the lower tiers not master class), do you prefer him battling a gym leader (or a former gym leader), a new character thats related to an important character (like Lt. Surge’s substitute gym leader), a returning character/rival or just a character of the day sort of situation? Just curious

For me it depends on the tiers. Like this bottom tier Ash is in, I don't mind character of the days or characters adjacent to certain important characters. But as he climbs I would like to see more returning characters or if they're new, they are characters we haven't seen yet (like Galar characters or the Unovan elite 4).

D

Deleted member 384931

I would like that how higher he gets, how more Pokémons he would use.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
I would like that how higher he gets, how more Pokémons he would use.

I'm assuming that the number of Pokemon used per battle will increase later in the series when Satoshi progresses to the higher tiers. It would make sense because by that point he should already have a full team of Pokemon anyway, so full battles should be the norm by then too.

Decidueye23

I'm assuming that the number of Pokemon used per battle will increase later in the series when Satoshi progresses to the higher tiers. It would make sense because by that point he should already have a full team of Pokemon anyway, so full battles should be the norm by then too.
I think full battles will happen in the master rank. Its probably going to be 2v2, then 3v3 for great rank. 3v3/4v4 for ultra and then 6v6 for master rank.

Master Pikachu 11

I think full battles will happen in the master rank. Its probably going to be 2v2, then 3v3 for great rank. 3v3/4v4 for ultra and then 6v6 for master rank.
Only thing is so far the battle this week seems to be only a 1 v 1, I could be wrong but there is no hint at him using any Pokémon but Pikachu.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Leon vs Lance was 1x1. So I think the amount of pokémon in battle will vary (aka the staff will decide which is more convenient for the ocasion)

Applecorp

Leon vs Lance was 1x1. So I think the amount of pokémon in battle will vary (aka the staff will decide which is more convenient for the ocasion)

Wasn't that because it was the final battle of the competition and was special compared to the regular battles? Maybe other battles in the expert ranks will include more Pokemon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I suppose that's true, although I still hope that things will be different when Satoshi and Dande face off again, because I think another 1-on-1 battle between them would be sort of anticlimactic.

Much like his last battle with Trip
I think they did that so they save Leon(And possibly Lance's?) other Pokemon for later, and to save time.