• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
How far do you think Ash will go with this competition? I don't know if he's quite ready to face all of the champions, at most I can see him beating Alder or Diantha. I guess it would depend on if this is the new thing for the next few years

If we assume the higher ranks in the Hyper Class is where all the Elite four are, he'll be ready when he reaches top 8.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
How far do you think Ash will go with this competition? I don't know if he's quite ready to face all of the champions, at most I can see him beating Alder or Diantha. I guess it would depend on if this is the new thing for the next few years

To be fair, he has new sets of team per region prior to JN... So we never really know which among them improved to go toe-to-toe against Champions aside from Pikachu who lost vs. Leon, and Greninja... Ash only trained most of them for Conferences...

Ash seemed to improve his training methods, knowledge and skill level... As he climbs the ranks, writers will make him adapt, so as his mons...

If that doesn't happen, how would he face Leon? Ash doesn't duck powerful trainers, he challenge them instead... E4 tiers are waiting in the Hyper Class...

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ultra Beast Lover said:

Given all the foreshadowing for Satoshi and Dande to have an official World Championship battle, I don't see why Satoshi wouldn't make it to the end of the competition.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
This whole series is literally setup for Ash vs Leon to face off. Whoever at the higher ranks he faces he has to beat them no matter what.

Rune Knight

What if we had one representative from every region by the tournament?

1. Leon (Galar)
2. Lance (Kanto)
3. Cynthia (Sinnoh)
4. Steven (Hoenn)
5. Diantha (Kalos)
6. Alder (Unova)
7. Ash (Alola)
Would represent the region as the Champion. He'll beat Raihan and take his spot.
8. Eusine (Johto) Needed someone for Johto. Maybe by now he could be the Champion.

Last edited:

Mew29240

How about a double battle between Leon and another Champion? Could spice things up a bit. Single battle 1 vs 1 are meh and I am sorry but the dynamax parts arent that memorable

I like the idea, but I don't think doubles will work that well when Leon is expected to always use Gigantamaxing. They're just too big for normal Pokémon to do anything meaningful against and using them in doubles will overshadow anything the non-maxed Pokémon will be doing while they're in use. Would love to see 2v2 or a 3v3 though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Rune Knight said:
8. Eusine (Johto) Needed someone for Johto. Maybe by now he could be the Champion.

I can't imagine Minaki being on par with the other characters in the Top 8. Last time we saw him all he had on his team was a Foodin, and unless he succeeded in capturing Suicune, I highly doubt that he'd be anywhere near as strong as Champions. If someone has to represent Jouto, then I'm hoping for Silver, Kenta, or Ibuki.

Applecorp

What if we had one representative from every region by the tournament?

1. Leon (Galar)
2. Lance (Kanto)
3. Cynthia (Sinnoh)
4. Steven (Hoenn)
5. Diantha (Kalos)
6. Alder (Unova)
7. Ash (Alola)
Would represent the region as the Champion. He'll beat Raihan and take his spot.

I think Lance represents both Kanto and Johto in the show just like how he's the Champion of both regions in G/S/C/HG/SS. None of the other Johto NPC's are on his level so I can't think of someone who should represent Johto in his place.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
I think Lance represents both Kanto and Johto in the show just like how he's the Champion of both regions in G/S/C/HG/SS. None of the other Johto NPC's are on his level so I can't think of someone who should represent Johto in his place.

Wataru being the Champion of both Kanto and Jouto like in the games would make sense, but I still think that a few notable Jouto trainers from previous sagas should at least return to be World Championship opponents. Other than the others that I already listed, I can't really think of anyone else who's native to Jouto and strong enough to make an impression.

PsychoLogical

Can I point out that in JN013, when Lance was introduced, it’s implied that Lance lost the title of Champion sometime after Ash left Hoenn since he was referred as an Elite Four member rather than Champion?

But on topic, I still think that another Galar character may likely be in the top 8 with Raihan and Leon.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
PsychoLogical said:
But on topic, I still think that another Galar character may likely be in the top 8 with Raihan and Leon.

I personally wouldn't want that since having three Galar characters in the Top 8 doesn't seem fair in terms of regional representation.

PsychoLogical

I personally wouldn't want that since having three Galar characters in the Top 8 doesn't seem fair in terms of regional representation.
Well how’s this, Galar hasn’t been shown much so far in the anime, only the Wild Area and Wyndon have been represented. Would it really be fair that Galar hasn’t been shown much compared to other series in showing the region setting where Galar doesn’t have its own and is just part of a World Series? Having 3 out of 8 of the Master 8 be natives of Galar would certainly give the region relevance and not be dismissed easily or entirely.

Last edited:

LucasMV

Wataru being the Champion of both Kanto and Jouto like in the games would make sense, but I still think that a few notable Jouto trainers from previous sagas should at least return to be World Championship opponents. Other than the others that I already listed, I can't really think of anyone else who's native to Jouto and strong enough to make an impression.

I'm definitely expecting Claire to show up again. She returned in Unova already, so I think if any gym leader from Johto is gonna show up for the PWC, she's likely to show up again.

PsychoLogical

Who would it be though? The only other galar character that coukd be considered that strong is mustard and I doubt he's competing in the PWC
Piers. He’s been proven to be just as strong as Raihan since he nearly beat him despite not using Dynamax.

Rune Knight

I can't imagine Minaki being on par with the other characters in the Top 8. Last time we saw him all he had on his team was a Foodin, and unless he succeeded in capturing Suicune, I highly doubt that he'd be anywhere near as strong as Champions. If someone has to represent Jouto, then I'm hoping for Silver, Kenta, or Ibuki.

Would go with Jimmy then and have Ash battle him in the first round; it would act as a nice parallel to Red vs. Ethan from the games.

I personally don't want Clair to be a member of the Masters Eight as there are too many Dragon type focused trainers already, but I do expect her to be somewhere within the Hyper Class.