• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

dman_dustin

So I am confused about one thing.

What if somehow the series/generation ends without Ash beating Leon or perhaps someone else beats Leon, and is even a stronger fellow than Leon (with Leon not being able to retake the title).

But I'm still curious as to how Ash ends not wanting to continue to rematch Leon/New Guy, I'm just unsure about their plans here or what they plan to do going into 9th generation.

It almost feels like this is Ash's last generation which is stupid since they aren't really doing the best job of ending his journey as it were....properly.

So Ash wins, maybe they can pull a storyline out of their butt that allows Ash to be the main character and still battle.

I just really don't understand what they are doing here or their plans, because unless they start imposing conditions into battles for challenger to accept, I can't see how they can flesh this out.

Like I said before, I feel like the Galar League had to be included into the PWC as a condition for Ash to even battle someone.

They have to include conditions because if Ash is in the Master's 8, what is stopping him from rematching the hell out of Leon until he wins. So if conditions are going to be imposed for those instances , why wouldn't those conditions be imposed earlier like in hyper class.

I mean you can refuse to battle, I don't think there's an obligation but maybe there's a "conditional obligation" you can't say NO directly to someone who is really close to your rank but you can impose a condition that if they fulfill, they are allowed to challenge you. Otherwise the rules and guidelines of what's happening here makes no sense. Sure, that may be the point, it's all at the decision of the producers/writers.

But assuming Elite four and champions truly are as strong as they've been portrayed as before, I'm still unsure how Ash is supposed to get to THEIR level and be part of the master's eight.

Which probably sucks anyway because they may have favored 8th generation into this.

Not knowing the structure of how this is playing out, is honestly a nightmare from a speculation perspective.

D

Deleted member 384931

I feel like he will reach the hyper class next year of the end of this year

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
What I could see working is: Ash goes far enough into the championship to reach Leon but before that Leon is beaten by Gen 9 champ. By then Ash and Leon may have a match (probably so Ash could get the former invincible champ out of his dissapointment over the loss). Then Ash starts working his way to battle new champ.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
What I could see working is: Ash goes far enough into the championship to reach Leon but before that Leon is beaten by Gen 9 champ. By then Ash and Leon may have a match (probably so Ash could get the former invincible champ out of his dissapointment over the loss). Then Ash starts working his way to battle new champ.
That would just create another formula. I don't think that they would try to go away from the old formula only to go to a different formula.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I just hope they don't butcher PWC like they did with Unova, Kalos and Alola in terms of progression quality( this is not about which league is better and Ash's progression but more on how leagues go in terms of battles).
Like Kanto was bad but Johto improved and then Hoenn improved over Johto and then comes Sinnoh.
What should've been: Kanto -> Johto -> Hoenn -> SInnoh -> Unova -> Kalos -> Alola -> PWC.
But that's not what we got thanks to Unova firstly and foremostly.
As of Unova, they started falling and being inconsistent. Unova: battles were cut short and they weren't that impressive, league was short, we had 1 filler in league.
Kalos: battles were cut,league was short, 1 "filler", Top 4 is 6 on 6.
Alola: league was long but some fillers during battles, battles weren't that impressive( except few). 1 on 1 battles and finale is 3 on 3, Top 16 competitors.
Alola league is the closest out of those 3 but lack thanks to problems above.Kalos is also close but thanks to cut battles; it's not.
So basically neither of 3 leagues are consistent enough to go above Sinnoh league as in terms of progression quality.
Since Kalos came before, I will put my own "perfect" follow up league for Sinnoh league.

Perfect Kalos league follow up to Sinnoh league(let's say Ash doesn't use reserves): Top 64: Ash vs Tomo ( entire battle shown),Alain vs Trevor to be little better. Top 32: skip or show Ash's Pikachu beating xx Pokemon similar to Snorlax beating Grumpig in SL, Top 16: Ash vs Astrid(shown completely), Sawyer vs Tierno(shown completely as it is), Top 8: Ash vs Remo( 6 on 6) two episodes. Top 4: Ash vs Sawyer and finale: Ash vs Alain.
Top 64-16: 3 on 3
Top 8-finale : 6 on 6
This perfect league would've been: 9 episodes.
Perfect Alola legaue would've even be better than my Kalos league.
So instead of 151 battle royal, there should've been 256 people and they have 1 on 1 until Top 64 when they go to 3 on 3 until Top 8 when they go full battle.And to have Ash vs Kukui match too.

And now we have PWC, which I hope they don't turn into 1 on 1 battles and hopefully as of rank 500 or below, they turn into 3 on 3 until Top 8 which is all 6 on 6 this should be perfect follow up to my perfect Kalos and Alola league follow up. But, I have feeling they will all be 1 on 1.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Ricardo Martinez has literally been The End Game in Hajime no Ippo (1989-present) for over 1300 weekly chapters. It's no big deal if Dande is similarly an unending goal for Satoshi. Heck, the format of Pokemon (2019) is such that it could go on forever, too. The ranking system of the Pokemon World Championships allows for Satoshi to be able to continually battle in it for an infinite amount of time. Sometimes he rises in the ranks, sometimes he falls in them.

As I understand it eventually it's just going to get to the point where only the last eight are actually active in the tournament. I'm wondering if over time they'll phase out lower ranked participants. Like beyond a certain point in time anyone still in the normal class is eliminated, then later super, then hyper and whoever remains will be part of the masters eight that actually battles amongst each other like in previous leagues. Would create some added tension/stakes if Ash has to get into the next class by the skin of his teeth or actually get booted from the tournament.

Mew29240

As I understand it eventually it's just going to get to the point where only the last eight are actually active in the tournament. I'm wondering if over time they'll phase out lower ranked participants. Like beyond a certain point in time anyone still in the normal class is eliminated, then later super, then hyper and whoever remains will be part of the masters eight that actually battles amongst each other like in previous leagues. Would create some added tension/stakes if Ash has to get into the next class by the skin of his teeth or actually get booted from the tournament.

That's a solid idea. I hope they bring something like this near the end of Ash's Super Rank run (or if he's teetering at the edge of Normal-Super if he has a string of losses after Bea).

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
So Ash dropped almost 40 by losing... Is it because it's easier to drop than to rise in the Super Class? He fought someone way above his rank though...

Another thing, will they even show Ash battling someone below his rank?

It would be a tough, unnecessary and repetitive grind if Ash has to lose everytime he battles a Galar GL or an E4 in the Super Class, I hope that's not the case...

Also, are Galar GLs confirmed to be tier above other regions GL, Kahuna and Conference trainers? They seems to be high-FB to E4 tier based on Raihan and Bea as the high and low end...

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
So Ash dropped almost 40 by losing... Is it because it's easier to drop than to rise in the Super Class? He fought someone way above his rank though...

Another thing, will they even show Ash battling someone below his rank?

It would be a tough, unnecessary and repetitive grind if Ash has to lose everytime he battles a Galar GL or an E4 in the Super Class, I hope that's not the case...

Also, are Galar GLs confirmed to be tier above other regions GL, Kahuna and Conference trainers? They seems to be high-FB to E4 tier based on Raihan and Bea as the high and low end...
No, I think they very likely very Raihan's Duraludon being E4 level while Bea's Hawlucha and Grapploct being like standard gym leader like mid+ or something. How is Bea that high(E4-High E4) when Ash's Pokemon that are not named Pikachu will very likely beat her next month(Lucario and G-Farfetch'd I hope). lol. We know that she's above Korrina and that's it.
Oh and BTW if she was that high she would've been like rank 20 or something.

Last edited:

SatoSereFan224888

I can easily see Ash making the top 20. However him making the Masters 8 might be a bit of a stretch. Once he reaches the top 20, he’s going to face much tougher competition. He might just squeeze into the top 8 but it won’t be easy.

ShadowForce720

I can easily see Ash making the top 20. However him making the Masters 8 might be a bit of a stretch. Once he reaches the top 20, he’s going to face much tougher competition. He might just squeeze into the top 8 but it won’t be easy.

Considering that there building up to Ash vs Leon, and that Ash needs to be in the Master 8 to battle Leon again, it’s safe to say that Ash will make to the Master 8.

It’s not a question of will Ash make it into the Master 8 as it is a question of when he will make it into the Master 8.

Look there not going to build up Ash vs Leon and have Ash going through the PWC so that he can make it to the Master 8 to battle Leon.

Only to then turned around and prevent him from getting into the Master Rank and keeping Hyper Rank as the farthest Rank class that he ever gets to in the PWC.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Satoshi's rank really depends on the length of this series. Will it last for three years like the last three series have or is the use of 'Pokemon' as the series title indicative that this series could be infinite cour, ala Sazae-san? If so, Satoshi doesn't necessarily have to make it to Master Class by the third year.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Leon would be replaced though, he won't be relevant next gen(And praise Helix for that). Ash and him are destined to battle, how underwhelming would it be if he didn't get to have a battle against him?

D

Deleted member 384931

I hope Alder doesnt appear. Can you really call him a champion? His attitude, ugh.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Adeku works as a different type of champion, a laid back one whose presence only becomes known in a heated battle. In a cartoon this cannot really pop unless the battle are really well animated, though.l