• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ash got knocked back to Normal Class RIP lmao. But eh its ok he’ll be back up in no time anyways.

Red and Blue

Not surprised. After two loses from 930 he wasn't just going to end up in 999th place. Wonder if there will be any PWC matches in the Fossil episode or start of episode 39?

ShadowForce720

Not surprised. After two loses from 930 he wasn't just going to end up in 999th place. Wonder if there will be any PWC matches in the Fossil episode or start of episode 39?
Probably because looking at his current rank now he pretty much only needs 1 win to get back into Super Class.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Probably because looking at his current rank now he pretty much only needs 1 win to get back into Super Class.

and it's looking like Bea might be the win he needs as well.

Granted i'm kind of hoping Ash battles someone else before her, but I dunno if that's gonna happen.

Only because I feel it would be a little bit redundant if another fighting gym leader was the one he beat to get into the super tier, but if overcoming Bea is what it takes then I guess it's fine.

PsychoLogical

and it's looking like Bea might be the win he needs as well.

Granted i'm kind of hoping Ash battles someone else before her, but I dunno if that's gonna happen.

Only because I feel it would be a little bit redundant if another fighting gym leader was the one he beat to get into the super tier, but if overcoming Bea is what it takes then I guess it's fine.
I mean, Bea vs Ash may drag out a bit longer and head to a round 3 since there are some things they may decide to go over that Bea has compared to the other Galar gym leaders.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I mean, Bea vs Ash may drag out a bit longer and head to a round 3 since there are some things they may decide to over that Bea has compared to the other Galar gym leaders.

Maybe, but at the same time ever since she debuted Bea just gives me this vibe that, if Ash was to beat her in the rematch, she would want a decisive battle to determine who is truly stronger, because that's how she seems as a person to me.

Believe me I would like for them to move on to other galar gl's as well, but here we are.

I will say this though, if Riolu evolves and wins this, hopefully if they (Ash and Bea) do have a "rubber" match it and Grapploct sit out and other pokemon get used instead, I want this battle to at least be "it" for Riolu/Lucario and Grapploct.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It just dawned on me that 90%+ of the people who signed up for the tournament will never get to Leon because of the Elite four in Hyper Class.

So it's essentially just a waste of time, unless you know you can win a league at least.

PsychoLogical

It just dawned on me that 90%+ of the people who signed up for the tournament will never get to Leon because of the Elite four in Hyper Class.

So it's essentially just a waste of time, unless you know you can win a league at least.
The one thing I want to know if the PWC will have something like a time limit where you have to reach the next rank or you’re automatically kicked out for the rest of the season.

AJ97

The one thing I want to know if the PWC will have something like a time limit where you have to reach the next rank or you’re automatically kicked out for the rest of the season.

I think this might be the case for the master 8 tournament. The Final tournament that determines who gets to battle Leon for the PWC. I have a feeling this might come into place while Ash is very close to the top 10 and almost loses his opportunity to get into the master 8 and he possibly gets a shot the last minute to maybe fight Raihan which gives him an opportunity to get into the top 8.

ShadowForce720

Well we had our first PWC tie. And it turns out neither trainer's rank is affected. Glad that was settled

I haven’t seen the English Subs for the episode yet, but it seemed like that Bea and Ash agreed to battle again in the Hyper Class.

If this is the case this means that all of Ash’s remaining Super Class battles that are going against important characters will be characters other then Bea.

nuzamaki90

Waiting on past rivals to appear soon. Makes no sense to have a tournament to decide the strongest trainer in the world and not have some of Ash’s strongest opponents enter as well

I haven’t seen the English Subs for the episode yet, but it seemed like that Bea and Ash agreed to battle again in the Hyper Class.

Apparently you aren’t able to challenge trainers from different classes as you, and since Bea is vastly outpacing Ash in the rankings, they won’t be able to battle again until Ash reaches the Hyper Class because she’ll have already reached.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Literally just saw a guy say Ash should drop out because if he can't even beat Bea, then there's just nothing he can do against Lance lmao.

Powerscalers are usually pretty bad, but holy ****...

Ash enter super class without beating any super class trainer.
Well, that is just unconfirmed assumption.
Think about this way what would be the point in hyping up the Master 8, if all it takes to get there is just by beating other trainers?

When you look really look at it, it wouldn’t make any sense to hype up the Master 8 if you didn’t even have to battle them to get in and grab a position.

Sure it’s not completely confirmed to be the case but it’s the most likely case, considering there is no point in hyping up the Master 8 if they could lose their positions that easily.

Especially when from what we’ve seen of it, progressing through the Master Class doesn’t quite work the same way as the other classes.
I don't know whether this also apply to super class but Chuck/Shijima said that in PWC, trainer can only battle other trainer within the same class.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Literally just saw a guy say Ash should drop out because if he can't even beat Bea, then there's just nothing he can do against Lance lmao.

Powerscalers are usually pretty bad, but holy ****...

You know back during DP, after the lake acuity battle I thought there was no way Ash was going to beat Paul come the sinnoh league without resorting to his reserves...and the writers proved me wrong.

it's still early, and Pikachu aside if Ash does eventually use his reserves or potentially start capturing legendaries we could be looking at different ball game later down the road.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jiffunk said:
is anyone else upset that the galarian star tournament doesn't feature old characters? it would have been a nice tie in with the anime's PWC.

That's a feature from the upcoming Crown Tundra expansion pack, correct? That tournament probably won't play a role in the anime since we already have the World Championship event happening, so I don't particularly care about it.