• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
How did she get degraded? If this is about Ash not using Farfetch'd in the rematch with her, she didn't exactly go with Hawlucha herself, and her Grapploct took down Pikachu which is impressive since the only other pokemon who's beaten Pikachu this saga in combat was Leon's Charizard.
Some believe that she's inferior to the likes of Clair, Juan, Volkner, Drayden and Wulfric...

that's the thing, the top 100 trainers are bound to be tough to the point where they ain't gonna be able to have things be as flexible with the first two tiers, that's why it doesn't bother me.

i'll say this though, if Ash faced Korrina to get in the great tier to begin with, i'm betting he'll face someone of importance to get into the ultra tier which i do look forward too.
They have to... So we can expect that they're not some random CotD characters...

Final obstacle in Great Class could be Gary or Iris, hoping it would be someone like Malva, Aaron or Phoebe though...

AJ97

Bea beating him and causing him to go on a losing streak would disagree.

How did she get degraded? If this is about Ash not using Farfetch'd in the rematch with her, she didn't exactly go with Hawlucha herself, and her Grapploct took down Pikachu which is impressive since the only other pokemon who's beaten Pikachu this saga in combat was Leon's Charizard.

that's the thing, the top 100 trainers are bound to be tough to the point where they ain't gonna be able to have things be as flexible with the first two tiers, that's why it doesn't bother me.

i'll say this though, if Ash faced Korrina to get in the great tier to begin with, i'm betting he'll face someone of importance to get into the ultra tier which i do look forward too.

But hey that's just my opinion.

Ash's pikachu is extremely inconsistent. The same Pikachu that beat Tapu Koko sustained immense damage against a random trainer's Meganium. So does that imply Meganium could've put up a decent fight against Tapu Koko? Also, Pikachu seemed inferior to Riolu/Lucario based on the Mewtwo fight and Chairman Rose fight. If anything, it even looked weaker than Goh's cinderace.

Bea's supposed Ace, tied Against Ash's riolu. So it would make sense why people think she should be no where close to elite four tier considering the fact that we've always in general seen Elite four Trainers display a level of skill far above this.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I think it's mostly because many people believe that Ash is still far from the level of a trainer beyond Conference level... You can see it based on how they downplayed Bea... So they believe it's normal for Ash to struggle against Great Class trainers especially he's using a new team...
It depends on those trainers' levels. What Ash pulled in DP, XY and SM is pretty great but pretty sure some conference level trainers can pull it too. But sure E4 and Champions could pull that off.
Writers didn't downplay Bea? Unless you're talking about fans, if so how fans downplay her?

It is normal because of new team since it's new(NSS) and they don't have power and experience as older teams. Of course logically Ash's Charizard, Tauros, Infernape, Sceptile,Snorlax, Swellow etc wouldn't even struggle in Ultra Classs because of Ash's skill + their power. New team has Ash's skill + much much weaker power.
Clair, Juan, Volkner, Drayden and Wulfric...
She is inferior to Wulfric and Volkner. LMAO. Heck even Clair. She's closer to Drayden. Although she proved nothing to be on 8th gym leader level. She's more 7th gym leader level with Grapploct. Her other Pokemon are weaker than squid.

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
The fundamental issue here is that ash isn't competing with league winners right off the bat. Like, if it's the "world tournament" why am I getting gym leader tier trainers again? That's no different than the classic gym quest.

It's the same old formula with a new flavour and people are gobbling it up like it's a new product.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Well, Ash's progress has gone quite well until now (except for the trips caused by Bea). Like I imagined, Normal and Super Class were relatively easy for Ash. However, now he's close to the Hyper Class, and THAT will be a whole different level. I presume the best trainers of this rank are Elite Four's level, which means Ash is going to need more powerful Pokemon with him.

Bring back his old Pokemon to improve them and/or evolve them would be a good choice. Melmetal would be a good choice, to introduce its Gigantamax form. There were merchandise pictures with Rowlet, Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligator between others; so I hope it means evolutions from old Pokemon returning.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Ouch.

Sorry, Gengar. You tried(?).

Dragonite and Gengar were already evolved when Ash caught them, but the are still "rookies" when compared to others of Ash's Pokemon. Well, not Gengar, as he had a trainer BEFORE joining Ash. Still, Ash is really going to need real heavy artillery in a short time.

desdar300

You know something that occurred to me after a buddy bought it up is that it's a little weird that they don't utilize the tournament format from BW.
I feel like they try to do something like that with Korrina's return episode but never expanded on it.
If they did this not only what we see Ash believably be jumping ranks thanks to him battling more than one opponent but we see his Pokemon a lot more often.
This can be like every several episodes or something

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
You know something that occurred to me after a buddy bought it up is that it's a little weird that they don't utilize the tournament format from BW.
I feel like they try to do something like that with Korrina's return episode but never expanded on it.
If they did this not only what we see Ash believably be jumping ranks thanks to him battling more than one opponent but we see his Pokemon a lot more often.
This can be like every several episodes or something
That's the one thing I'm still upset about after the god awful BW saga's conclusion. They never did those tournament arcs again. And that was like the only actual properly good thing about the entire saga since they were everywhere.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Now that Iris is the Unova Champion, is it safe to rule out Alder (and maybe Wallace) as M8s?

My new guess:
  1. Leon
  2. Lance
  3. Cynthia
  4. Steven
  5. Diantha
  6. ? (possibly the champion equivalent from Legends era time traveled by Celebi)
  7. Raihan
  8. ? (the fall guy to be ousted by Ash; can be Piers)

AJ97

Now that Iris is the Unova Champion, is it safe to rule out Alder (and maybe Wallace) as M8s?

My new guess:
  1. Leon
  2. Lance
  3. Cynthia
  4. Steven
  5. Diantha
  6. ? (possibly the champion equivalent from Legends era time traveled by Celebi)
  7. Raihan
  8. ? (the fall guy to be ousted by Ash; can be Piers)
1) It would be awesome if Gary is the new Kanto Champion and in the Master Class and taking up the 8th rank.

2) Because of the Sinnoh games, maybe someone from the Sinnoh Elite four like Flint/ Lucian? Or maybe Palmer/ Thorton etc someone from the Sinnoh Battle frontier.

3) Bea could be another option. Maybe she gets to the master class before Ash.

Decidueye23

1) It would be awesome if Gary is the new Kanto Champion and in the Master Class and taking up the 8th rank.

2) Because of the Sinnoh games, maybe someone from the Sinnoh Elite four like Flint/ Lucian? Or maybe Palmer/ Thorton etc someone from the Sinnoh Battle frontier.

3) Bea could be another option. Maybe she gets to the master class before Ash.
I feel like Bea is his opponent to battle it into Master 8

Rune Knight

I'm hoping that Iris still ends up on the M8 so it's every champion from every region. Since Ash already defeated her, no need to see that battle again. I also wouldn't repeat any battles that have already been settled and seen unless it's about Ash getting a revenge match. So no Leon vs. Lance either. In this case I would make Ash represent Alola while Lance represents Johto (like in the games), and someone else would represent Kanto.

My List as well as my Tournament Bracket would go like this:

Round 1
Ash vs. Lance = Ash Wins
Iris vs. Cynthia = Cynthia Wins
Steven vs. Diantha = Steven Wins
Leon vs. Kanto Champion = Leon Wins

Round 2
Ash vs. Cynthia = Ash Wins
Steven vs. Leon = Leon Wins

Round 3
Ash vs. Leon = Ash Wins

I want Ash to battle Cynthia at some point so we can see that vision of Infernape vs. Garchomp at the end of DP come into fruition.

charinija

Pokemon Master
I think Ash will be in the top 5.

I also hope we see characters like Tyson , Cameron , Alain, who have defeated Ash before.

I especially want Ritchie and Ash to meet again.

The trainers who beat Ash were never shown afterwards.

This series is the easiest for old trainers to return to.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I think Ash will be in the top 5.

I also hope we see characters like Tyson , Cameron , Alain, who have defeated Ash before.

I especially want Ritchie and Ash to meet again.

The trainers who beat Ash were never shown afterwards.

This series is the easiest for old trainers to return to.
I mean I get Alain but why Ritchie, Tyson or Cameron? They would easily get squatted by Ash now so it doesnt seem exciting for them to come when we are still waiting for an alain and tobias rematch as well as some e4 matches

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I do hope we get couple of more battles in Hyper Class.
Like Ash had 4-5 significant battles during Super Class and none can really compare to the Korrina fight and first Bea fight.

I do hope he battles some E4 members, cause he haven‘t even faced those, how can we hope he faces a Champion in the Top8

Rune Knight

First I would imagine that Tobias would be disqualified for utilizing banned Pokémon in an official tournament. Then he would be arrested for obtaining them through illegal means and also charged with illegal trafficking since Darkrais are still not allowed in Galar.

The Officer Jennies from Galar would then tell him to put his hands up before accusing him of resisting arrest then tasering and pepper spraying him multiple times. Then they would accuse him of reaching for their guns before taking out a baton and beating him while setting off Growlithes and Arcanines to bite him repeatedly before shooting him in the leg.

He would be then tried for his crimes and sentenced to death by explosions.