• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
How did she get degraded? If this is about Ash not using Farfetch'd in the rematch with her, she didn't exactly go with Hawlucha herself, and her Grapploct took down Pikachu which is impressive since the only other pokemon who's beaten Pikachu this saga in combat was Leon's Charizard.
Some believe that she's inferior to the likes of Clair, Juan, Volkner, Drayden and Wulfric...

that's the thing, the top 100 trainers are bound to be tough to the point where they ain't gonna be able to have things be as flexible with the first two tiers, that's why it doesn't bother me.

i'll say this though, if Ash faced Korrina to get in the great tier to begin with, i'm betting he'll face someone of importance to get into the ultra tier which i do look forward too.
They have to... So we can expect that they're not some random CotD characters...

Final obstacle in Great Class could be Gary or Iris, hoping it would be someone like Malva, Aaron or Phoebe though...

AJ97

Bea beating him and causing him to go on a losing streak would disagree.

How did she get degraded? If this is about Ash not using Farfetch'd in the rematch with her, she didn't exactly go with Hawlucha herself, and her Grapploct took down Pikachu which is impressive since the only other pokemon who's beaten Pikachu this saga in combat was Leon's Charizard.

that's the thing, the top 100 trainers are bound to be tough to the point where they ain't gonna be able to have things be as flexible with the first two tiers, that's why it doesn't bother me.

i'll say this though, if Ash faced Korrina to get in the great tier to begin with, i'm betting he'll face someone of importance to get into the ultra tier which i do look forward too.

But hey that's just my opinion.

Ash's pikachu is extremely inconsistent. The same Pikachu that beat Tapu Koko sustained immense damage against a random trainer's Meganium. So does that imply Meganium could've put up a decent fight against Tapu Koko? Also, Pikachu seemed inferior to Riolu/Lucario based on the Mewtwo fight and Chairman Rose fight. If anything, it even looked weaker than Goh's cinderace.

Bea's supposed Ace, tied Against Ash's riolu. So it would make sense why people think she should be no where close to elite four tier considering the fact that we've always in general seen Elite four Trainers display a level of skill far above this.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I think it's mostly because many people believe that Ash is still far from the level of a trainer beyond Conference level... You can see it based on how they downplayed Bea... So they believe it's normal for Ash to struggle against Great Class trainers especially he's using a new team...
It depends on those trainers' levels. What Ash pulled in DP, XY and SM is pretty great but pretty sure some conference level trainers can pull it too. But sure E4 and Champions could pull that off.
Writers didn't downplay Bea? Unless you're talking about fans, if so how fans downplay her?

It is normal because of new team since it's new(NSS) and they don't have power and experience as older teams. Of course logically Ash's Charizard, Tauros, Infernape, Sceptile,Snorlax, Swellow etc wouldn't even struggle in Ultra Classs because of Ash's skill + their power. New team has Ash's skill + much much weaker power.
Clair, Juan, Volkner, Drayden and Wulfric...
She is inferior to Wulfric and Volkner. LMAO. Heck even Clair. She's closer to Drayden. Although she proved nothing to be on 8th gym leader level. She's more 7th gym leader level with Grapploct. Her other Pokemon are weaker than squid.

Last edited:

Morax

The fundamental issue here is that ash isn't competing with league winners right off the bat. Like, if it's the "world tournament" why am I getting gym leader tier trainers again? That's no different than the classic gym quest.

It's the same old formula with a new flavour and people are gobbling it up like it's a new product.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Well, Ash's progress has gone quite well until now (except for the trips caused by Bea). Like I imagined, Normal and Super Class were relatively easy for Ash. However, now he's close to the Hyper Class, and THAT will be a whole different level. I presume the best trainers of this rank are Elite Four's level, which means Ash is going to need more powerful Pokemon with him.

Bring back his old Pokemon to improve them and/or evolve them would be a good choice. Melmetal would be a good choice, to introduce its Gigantamax form. There were merchandise pictures with Rowlet, Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligator between others; so I hope it means evolutions from old Pokemon returning.

AuraChannelerChris

"MY MIGHT. KNOWS. NO. BOUNDS!"
I presume the best trainers of this rank are Elite Four's level, which means Ash is going to need more powerful Pokemon with him.
Ouch.

Sorry, Gengar. You tried(?).

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Ouch.

Sorry, Gengar. You tried(?).

Dragonite and Gengar were already evolved when Ash caught them, but the are still "rookies" when compared to others of Ash's Pokemon. Well, not Gengar, as he had a trainer BEFORE joining Ash. Still, Ash is really going to need real heavy artillery in a short time.

AuraChannelerChris

"MY MIGHT. KNOWS. NO. BOUNDS!"
Dragonite and Gengar were already evolved when Ash caught them, but the are still "rookies" when compared to others of Ash's Pokemon. Well, not Gengar, as he had a trainer BEFORE joining Ash. Still, Ash is really going to need real heavy artillery in a short time.
...Ouch.

desdar300

You know something that occurred to me after a buddy bought it up is that it's a little weird that they don't utilize the tournament format from BW.
I feel like they try to do something like that with Korrina's return episode but never expanded on it.
If they did this not only what we see Ash believably be jumping ranks thanks to him battling more than one opponent but we see his Pokemon a lot more often.
This can be like every several episodes or something

PsychoLogical

You know something that occurred to me after a buddy bought it up is that it's a little weird that they don't utilize the tournament format from BW.
I feel like they try to do something like that with Korrina's return episode but never expanded on it.
If they did this not only what we see Ash believably be jumping ranks thanks to him battling more than one opponent but we see his Pokemon a lot more often.
This can be like every several episodes or something
That's the one thing I'm still upset about after the god awful BW saga's conclusion. They never did those tournament arcs again. And that was like the only actual properly good thing about the entire saga since they were everywhere.