• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

ssquaderi

Why is Ash vs Korrina all of a sudden in a stadium? Is it a Top 500 battle or are they in some mini tournament or something

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
I'd love if the Final Matches (before Ash vs Leon) give us plenty of fanservice.

Ash vs Tobias (Rematch)
Paul vs Alain
Sawyer vs Trip
Wulfric vs Crasher Wake
Volkner vs Elesa
Sabrina vs Fantina
Cynthia vs Diantha
And Finally...

Ash vs Gary Oak 3

SatoSereFan224888

I think Ash will beat Leon in the final. Also Ash shouldn’t care about the Galar Gyms. He should focus on beating Lance, Alder, Diantha, Cynthia.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I think Ash will beat Leon in the final. Also Ash shouldn’t care about the Galar Gyms. He should focus on beating Lance, Alder, Diantha, Cynthia.
This is a world tournament. If the writers wrote the gym leaders into this, then he will face them. Not caring about them would be a bigger detriment if anything.

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
Maybe it's a card of PWC matches... Ash and Korrina are part of the undercards while Leon vs. Raihan is the main event?

Do we actually know that Corni and Satoshi are battling each other? I don't recall a scene from the preview that showed them in the same location [the battlefield], although it's possible that I missed it since the preview had a lot of scenes.

SatoSereFan224888

This is a world tournament. If the writers wrote the gym leaders into this, then he will face them. Not caring about them would be a bigger detriment if anything.
But I feel we are getting regional champs instead of gym leaders. If there are gym leaders we probably only get one from each region.

U.N. Owen

But I feel we are getting regional champs instead of gym leaders. If there are gym leaders we probably only get one from each region.
Ash simply can't just bolt through to the champions. He needs to climb through the lower ranks as per the rules. If this is like any other real tournament, it means Ash down the ranks, too.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

He has to work to get there you know. And believe it or not, right now Ash would still get destroyed if he faced Cynthia's Garchomp. They have to build up his new captures as well, you honestly think a freshly hatched/evolved Lucario, and a Sobble and Grookey can go toe to toe with Lance? Dragonite and Gengar need some polishing as well
The Galar gym leaders are all probably in the higher rankings so it's natural Ash would challenge them. And honestly I'd rather see Nessa and Melony over some COTD we never see again

SatoSereFan224888

He has to work to get there you know. And believe it or not, right now Ash would still get destroyed if he faced Cynthia's Garchomp. They have to build up his new captures as well, you honestly think a freshly hatched/evolved Lucario, and a Sobble and Grookey can go toe to toe with Lance? Dragonite and Gengar need some polishing as well
The Galar gym leaders are all probably in the higher rankings so it's natural Ash would challenge them. And honestly I'd rather see Nessa and Melony over some COTD we never see again
Then Ash should go alone and become a lone wolf. Gou would distract him. After beating one gym, he should bolt for the next gym. I’d say Bede gets in the way, Ash should beat the living crap out of him.

U.N. Owen

Then Ash should go alone and become a lone wolf. Gou would distract him.

You constantly pull this card, yet I see no evidence of having companions be a detriment to Ash. If anything, they've kept him alive.

After beating one gym, he should bolt for the next gym.

That's not how the official ranking system works. It is not a matter of gyms like the old days. It's an online system where trainers from all over are thrown into classes. You can basically challenge anyone so long as the Rotom referee officiates it as established in previous episodes.

I’d say Bede gets in the way, Ash should beat the living crap out of him

I sometimes question why you think this way. Ash acts less like Ash and more like one of my moody, impulsive high school dual enrollment students with somehow even less restraint.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite

But Galar Gym Leaders are being build-up as trainers near or in the same level as those of the Champions... Ash will get there...

Do we actually know that Corni and Satoshi are battling each other? I don't recall a scene from the preview that showed them in the same location [the battlefield], although it's possible that I missed it since the preview had a lot of scenes.

It was never mentioned in the preview that Ash and Korrina will fight... But like I said, I think each of them will have a match (not necessarily against each other) as undercards of Leon vs. Raihan...

Agree... I even think GPICSS and some other reserves are even better than the new captures at this point... And GPICSS are still not on par with the Champion-tiers...

SatoSereFan224888

You constantly pull this card, yet I see no evidence of having companions be a detriment to Ash. If anything, they've kept him alive.
But I feel this time he needs to go alone. Having companions will distract him. He gets easily sidetracked plus sucked into things he has no interest in like contests or showcases.

U.N. Owen

But I feel this time he needs to go alone. Having companions will distract him. He gets easily sidetracked plus sucked into things he has no interest in like contests or showcases.
At the same time, he has picked up skills from his companions. The counter-shield was made from observing Dawn is the easiest example that comes to mind.

SatoSereFan224888

Well let’s say Ash decides to withdraw. When the word gets out, some of his old friends would come back and berate him for being a quitter. Maybe they’ll all hate his guts because they feel he’s not the Ash they knew.

But this is extremely unlikely.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well let’s say Ash decides to withdraw. When the word gets out, some of his old friends would come back and berate him for being a quitter. Maybe they’ll all hate his guts because they feel he’s not the Ash they knew.

But this is extremely unlikely.

....so basically an Ash betrayal fic?

SatoSereFan224888

....so basically an Ash betrayal fic?
Not necessarily. Ash finally realizes he was never going to become a Pokemon master. Plus if he loses, he would feel like a failure so he decides not to humiliate himself.