• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Well let’s say Ash decides to withdraw. When the word gets out, some of his old friends would come back and berate him for being a quitter. Maybe they’ll all hate his guts because they feel he’s not the Ash they knew.

But this is extremely unlikely.
Not necessarily. Ash finally realizes he was never going to become a Pokemon master. Plus if he loses, he would feel like a failure so he decides not to humiliate himself.

Let me get this straight. You're telling me the kid who literally was in the streets in his underwear and lost 6 leagues on live is worried about humiliation? That makes zero sense.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
If Mega Evolution and Z-moves are allowed in these fights, then I want Ash to get his Z-ring back at some point.

and perhaps during return trips to Alola, get more type exclusive crystals he didn't get the first time, Dragon and Ghost would be nice.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If Mega Evolution and Z-moves are allowed in these fights, then I want Ash to get his Z-ring back at some point.

and perhaps during return trips to Alola, get more type exclusive crystals he didn't get the first time, Dragon and Ghost would be nice.

Psychic too since Gengar has the move, and there's Mimey
Psychic has yet to appear so it'd be nice if Ash got it if he gets more crystals

Leonhart

Imagineer
klutzybewear said:
I know a lot of people dislike/hate her but I kind of want Ash to battle Iris in the higher tiers.

I wouldn't mind that, I just find it unlikely that she'd be up for it. The last time we saw her she was chasing after Rayquaza, so I've assumed that she's more interesting in meeting it and possibly other Legendary Dragon-types than competiting in the World Championships.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Ash getting a Mega Evolution would also be nice in that case.....though I doubt that (alongside Ash getting his Z-ring back) has much of a chance of happening TBH. Because they would naturally wanna give the current Gen gimmick/mechanic importance in the corresponding series, like it has always happened before, so Ash as the MC is likely gonna showcase Dyna/Giga. Giving Ash Mega/Z-move is gonna overshadow the showcasing of the current Gen mechanic Dyna/Giga, so I highly doubt that the writers would do that. We can expect Mega Evolution/Z-moves to make occasional appearances from time to time, but it's likely the side characters/COTD's who are gonna do that. The main characters showcasing the current Gen gimmick is understandably more likely.

Now you can say that this series is following an unique formula of showcasing every single Gen & their respective regions, but still, the current Gen, a.k.a. Gen 8 getting more importance is very naturally expected.

Zoruagible

Any dream matchups in particular people want to see? Paul, Iris, Clemont and Flannery are mine

Paul, Flannery, Kiawe, Palmer, Brandon(With new Regis), Lance matches against Ash.
With Marlon and Drayden battling him for the first time as well. And Hugh debut

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Paul, Flannery, Kiawe, Palmer, Brandon(With new Regis), Lance matches against Ash.
With Marlon and Drayden battling him for the first time as well. And Hugh debut

Sounds a bit too much fanservice-y, don't you think? So many past characters returning at once for this tournament basically gives the vibes of a fanfic more than what realistically happens in the Pokemon anime. But then again, this series has been following a totally new formula & approach compared to the previous series and has been giving us a lot of unexpected wish-fulfillment captures for Ash one after another in first Dragonite, Gengar & now a potential Lucario, so who knows....guess we can't rule anything out. :p

Zoruagible

Sounds a bit too much fanservice-y, don't you think? So many past characters returning at once for this tournament basically gives the vibes of a fanfic more than what realistically happens in the Pokemon anime. But then again, this series has been following a totally new formula & approach compared to the previous series and has been giving us a lot of unexpected wish-fulfillment captures for Ash one after another in first Dragonite, Gengar & now a potential Lucario, so who knows....guess we can't rule anything out. :p

Not really, I picked characters who'd fit.
I don't really see why somebody like Alain, Iris, or Clemont would enter given their goals. Those would be fanservice-y

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Okay so my choices are fanservicey but I don't care, fanservice is important for shows like Pokemon lol
Alain
Tobias
Paul
Brandon
Cynthia (and rest of the champions)
Some elite 4
Galar gym leaders

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Not really, I picked characters who'd fit.
I don't really see why somebody like Alain, Iris, or Clemont would enter given their goals. Those would be fanservice-y

Well Alain's goal does integrally involve battling though it's heavily related to fighting Mega Evolutions with his Charizard. In case some of the participants of the World Championships have some strong Mega Evolved Pokemon (which is possible) there could be a plausible reason for him to want to participate here. Iris & Clemont just aren't strong enough to pose a challenge here, given the quality of competition, though it'd be another case if the anime decides to give them a power boost.

Anyways, in case if Alain does return, I do hope that Ash is the one to defeat him in the Championships. That's the best way it could go in that case after how the predicament of Alain's "rivalry" with Ash ended in Kalos.

Last edited:

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Is Brock even participating in this thing? They have shown his silhouette three times now, using his FRLG/HGSS pose.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash getting a Mega Evolution would also be nice in that case.....though I doubt that (alongside Ash getting his Z-ring back) has much of a chance of happening TBH. Because they would naturally wanna give the current Gen gimmick/mechanic importance in the corresponding series, like it has always happened before, so Ash as the MC is likely gonna showcase Dyna/Giga. Giving Ash Mega/Z-move is gonna overshadow the showcasing of the current Gen mechanic Dyna/Giga, so I highly doubt that the writers would do that. We can expect Mega Evolution/Z-moves to make occasional appearances from time to time, but it's likely the side characters/COTD's who are gonna do that. The main characters showcasing the current Gen gimmick is understandably more likely.

Now you can say that this series is following an unique formula of showcasing every single Gen & their respective regions, but still, the current Gen, a.k.a. Gen 8 getting more importance is very naturally expected.

The seem to be pulling aspects from multiple current games, and not just sword and shield, pokemon Go being the other major player here with what Gou has been doing and them going with generic egg designs from those games instead of the more unique style we've had up to this point.

I can understand big fights in Galar that the current gimmick would be more appropriate, but what about other regional battles? Despite Eternatus flying around and in theory it's power to allow Dyna/Gigantamaxing should be capable outside of Galar, a lot of people have made it clear they don't want that as it takes away more of Galar's remaining importance.

But, this is a world level competition, so why couldn't Ash use the previous gimmicks in other regions to make up for that, because I seriously doubt all of his big fights are going to be in Galar only.

besides as some have said imagine what would happen if all three mechanics were used during 1 battle? That would be one awesome fight.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
With Korrina, I would love to see older characters return. These battles would be cool:
VS Prof Oak (nod to RBY glitch).
VS Jimmy: how cool would that be.
VS Karen: Best E4 Ever.
VS Sawyer: Cool character imho.
VS Brandon: Full Regi Fight.
VS Iris: Yes I went there.
VS Kiawe: so sad we never got to see a proper full batle.

Zoruagible

With Korrina, I would love to see older characters return. These battles would be cool:
VS Prof Oak (nod to RBY glitch).

That would actually be cool, Ash goes to Pallet Town to check up on his Pokemon and suddenly Oak challenges him to a battle. Right then and there Ash assembles Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard and Pikachu to fight the Professor!
And Muk/Snorlax if more than 4v4

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
It wasn’t pointless. It was an interesting arc and Korrina was a good character with great personality and battling skills.
All thrown in the toilet by a Nurse Joy’s Audino.

nuzamaki90

Any dream matchups in particular people want to see? Paul, Iris, Clemont and Flannery are mine
Ash getting a rematch against Flint and Agatha. Flint because he completely embarrassed Ash with his OP Infernape and Agatha because Ash was pretty close in defeating her

but when it comes to Champions, can we have Ash and Steven finally have their long awaited battle.